What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Almost 1 month update on Grandee  (Read 2625 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Almost 1 month update on Grandee
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:26:16 pm »
Okay, it's been almost a month since the tub was delivered, heated, etc...our impressions:
HUGE tub, 500 gallons of water, 38" deep, 7'7" x 8'4".
Granted, we've only had up to 3 people in it at a time so far, but considering we play musical chairs (without the music) every time we get in the tub, it still works great. Most soaks have been during daylight hours, just because I'm a wuss and am ready for bed by 8 at night in warm weather (up at 4am means early bedtime)...I've found that I really like the colored lighting set at the lowest level. I also find that we'll soak for about an hour at a time (100 degree water), the first 20 or so minutes we use the jets, then shut 'em all down and just veg out the rest of the time....this also gives us a chance to talk quiet enough that the neighbors don't hear our business. ;)  The jets themselves vary from "tickling" (soothing seven) to almost blowing us across the tub (jetstream, I believe)
My neck is a major issue for me, I've been working on finding the best way to relax it (bulging disc) so I can get rid of my headaches. It turns out that even at 38" deep, I couldn't find a position to comfortably soak up to the base of my skull...until I decided to just lay back in the water. The Grandee is SO large that I can stretch out from one end to the other, and spread my arms all the way across, and just float. This helps my neck HUGELY...If I don't want to lay back that far, I'll hold on to the side of the tub over my head, and float the rest of my body so my neck is in the water. (this is where being very bouyant is a great help)
I've found that the way we made the step down from our deck is a BIT too low to comfortably climb in and out of the tub, so I brought the steps over from the side (we haven't used that side to get in/out anyhow) today. The one time I used them, it's been a GREAT help.
The more I do things in a way to facilitate ease in doing something, the older I feel. *lol*
In any case, for 3 people it IS a huge tub, but it's really got something for everyone so far. Very roomy, comfortable, and IMHO very much worth the money we paid for it (even including the electric and building the deck it sits on).
I give it: Two thumbs up, Ebert.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:27:09 pm by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Almost 1 month update on Grandee
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:26:16 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Almost 1 month update on Grandee
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:33:02 pm »
I have a deposit for a household of 2.  They are looking for a room mate.  It sounds like they need more.   :D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 10:40:39 pm »
Nope, they just need a flock of rubber duckies and a lifetime subscription to this website! ;)
I told my husband that now that we've got the tub, we're NOT taking in any more roommates.... someone that thinks my basement is "the" place to live, yet thinks they'll be using our tub gives me the heebie jeebies.....(and not in a GOOD way!)

Just call me "Scrooge" ;)
RIP C-Rod

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 09:57:27 am »
I've found that the way we made the step down from our deck is a BIT too low to comfortably climb in and out of the tub, so I brought the steps over from the side (we haven't used that side to get in/out anyhow) today. The one time I used them, it's been a GREAT help.

I had a funny feeling your new spa platform might have been built a little too close.  One solution might be to move the deck back a few feet (empty the tub and do some digging) or perhaps you could modify your main deck (knock down the part closest to the tub).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 10:47:52 am »
Realistically, we're not gonna move that monstrosity unless there's catastrophic failure somewhere along the line. A couple POSSIBLE options are:
1) leave the steps we bought on the step/platform between the two decks. This isn't terribly convenient from the standpoint of trying to add chemicals, unlock the cover lifter, etc......however, it's the easiest solution, and although heavy, the steps are mobile.
2) removing the step/platform and rebuilding it as a taller unit. Hmmm....uh, probably not. That sucker's in there tight. I figure if we removed it, there'd probably be damage to the step (NOT the spa, that's not an option), and it would have to be rebuilt anyhow...of course, the things I said weren't an option before the tub got here turned into reality, sooo......
3) build another small platform to go on the existing platform as a single step. That's even relatively workable and acceptable. It's just a matter of how I really want to do things, here.
4) we can just DEAL WITH IT as is. ;)
Realistically speaking, we've got several options...none of which involve moving the tub or the tub deck, thankfully! The tub deck isn't too close to the main deck...I rather like having about 3' of room between the two, as it makes things that we set on the rail accessible (hubby keeps his "spare beers" up there while soaking). We still havent' worked out a "master plan" for privacy fencing around the open sides of the tub....but I'm working on it, hoping it warms up so I can just put my indoor plants outside for summer.
;) ;D
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 11:50:04 am »
Tattoo

I am glad you are loving your tub.  Do you have any comments on how it feels now vs the dry test?  Did you see a  difference,  surprised at some seats and jets , or was it exactly as you anticipated?  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 12:13:50 pm »
Nope, they just need a flock of rubber duckies and a lifetime subscription to this website! ;)
That reminds me - since Bill is gone at the moment I'll be collecting everyone's subscription payments.

I accept PayPal, MC, Visa and Amex.

Simply email me your account number. I can also electronically transfer from your checking account - just email me your account number.

Try to get this all cleared up before midnight tonight, my plane leaves first thing in the morning.

;) ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:10 pm »
Tattoo

I am glad you are loving your tub.  Do you have any comments on how it feels now vs the dry test?  Did you see a  difference,  surprised at some seats and jets , or was it exactly as you anticipated?  :)

Actually, to those that sais to dry test a tub is a COMPLETE waste of time, and won't tell you anything useful.......  :P Wrong, IMHO. The Grandee has performed as I figured for the most part. The tub has the same feel with water as without, other than the float-y part. ;)  I was able to sit in each seat, plan on ABOUT how much leg room was available, how high we'd sit in the water, where the jets would hit, etc.....just not the specifics on HOW they would feel. The Soothing Sevens are a very light massage, which is a nice change from the Jet Cluster, which can be prickly. Even though it LOOKS like all the seating is the same, (the seats are formed the same way, anyhow) there's a great variety of jets to change the feel of each seat. No lounger, but we're alright with that.
In any case, I'm extremely happy with the power of the jets, the looks of the tub, etc. It's truly an amazing piece of equipment to have in our back yard.
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42