What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Envoy  (Read 5560 times)

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
Hot Spring Envoy
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:55:38 pm »
I can't believe how many views and posts there were on my topic "Filtration in Hot Tubs". It is amazing the technology that goes into the tubs. In any event, we decided on getting the Envoy - it's being delivered next Friday AM, electric in PM, rep from my local dealer comming right after that, hopefully Saturday AM to teach us how to get it going with the chemicals etc. We really have no idea. Hot Spring has this filter you put on the end of the hose when filling the tub to keep the minerals or something out?? I actually went back to the Marquis dealer to give the Epic one more wet test - no big deal. I guess we made the right decision, I am sure any of the tubs would be just fine. Can't wait till next Friday!! Thanks to all who gave me great advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Envoy
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:55:38 pm »

shabba34

Re: Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 09:03:51 pm »
Congrats Ron.  Good luck, and keep us informed how everything comes along. :)

Ronald5599

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:06:29 pm »
I sure will. It is amazing how exited my family is about this, wierd !!!

Anoroc

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:14:30 pm »
What did you think of the Tri-zone on the Epic?  Did it make much of a dffierence on how the jets felt?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 09:48:50 pm »
Good on ya Ron.

May you soak long and prosper.

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 10:44:54 pm »
Congrats and welcome to the Hot Spring family.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Ronald5599

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 11:14:32 pm »
Anoroc - Let me put it to you this way, I really didn't feel anything special that would make me change and cancel the HS. I guess each tub has its own feel etc. The music is great in the Epic no doubt, too bad it is so expensive in the HS.  

One other thing though, I wish someone could tell me why the HS Envoy (nor any of the HS's or Calderas also made by Watkins) does not build thigh and calve jets into their loungers???.  I called the company, spoke to someone in their customer service office and they had no answer. My dealer said that HS found that people on the lounger would "float off the jets", I find that kind of silly - I wish the tub had them. Oh well.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 12:02:46 am »
Congrats on your purchase.  That was my choice but my better half wanted the Vanguard, so...  I really like the Vanguard.

One thing  noticed with my SpAudio is that I can really feel the music when in the water.  Its kind of cool.  Gives you a different sensation.  I talked my dealer down pretty good on the SpAudio so I thought it was worth it.  I just saw the new SpAudio.  I wish I could get that one. It has outside weatherproof speakers and their remote control included.

Good thing about SpAudio, you can add it later if you want.

Enjoy the spa!!  Welcome to the family.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Ronald5599

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:56:07 am »
Aquatub:   When did you get your vanguard and how much did you get them down to? I haven't seen the Spa Audio you are mentioning.

Jack_L

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 01:35:20 am »
We've had a Vanguard about a month now (no SpAudio) and its been working out real well.

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 08:19:40 pm »
Aquatub:   When did you get your vanguard and how much did you get them down to? I haven't seen the Spa Audio you are mentioning.

I got my Vanguard in October of '04.  I paid about $7800.00 plus about $1300 for the SpAudio.

They now have SpAudio II.  I was looking at it in the new Hot Spring brochure.  It uses a regular marine grade Sony CD AM/FM deck.  Plus, it has weatherproof exterior speakers that you can put in your flowerbed or next to the spa, wherever you want.  It also comes with their remote control too.  

I can't get it on my spa, too old, but I guess all the newer spas that can have SpAudio can get it.  It looks to be much nicer than the other one.  My dealer offered me to trade and would sell me his first one for a great deal.  Didn't get that far because I'm not ready to spend to trade in just yet.  

I will go back to his store in a few weeks as he is supposed to have the new SpAudio in a spa by then.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 01:37:53 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Ronald5599

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 12:45:48 am »
Aquatub:  Thanks for the info. I had not heard about SpAudio II. It's wierd, I speak to my dealer often, he has not mentioned it. It still is way too expensive for me. I know I am spending $8,790 for the tub plus $1,000 for the concrete slab plus about $900 to bring in the electric, so whats another $1,500????? !!!!

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 01:28:11 am »
It blows my mind when I hear everyone talk about the price on the HS models. I wet tested an envoy and Grandee and a day later I wet tested a Catalina Santa Cruz. I ended up buying a 06 Catalina Stealth series Raptor. you do not hear many people talking about Catalina on hear, but I think that that now that I have my raptor and remeber back to my wet test on the Envoy and Grandee, I would not trade my raptor on either tub. I also got my raptor wich is 93x93x40 with 66 jets including calf jets and fiber, waterfall, stairs, ozone, and a killer kenwood stereo with amp and subwoofer and spa pad, and mister, for $7600 plus tax.
Before anyone says anything, yes I have a full 10-5 year warranty that is not pro-rated.
HS wanted $10,000 for an 05 Envoy that was being used as a floor model and what is up with the stereo, looks like a cheap cd walkman installed in the side of the tub.
Mine is a CD player along with top side remote and top side second remote for the  tub.
I know that HS is  a great tub along with all the other tubs mentioned on here just not sure what people have against Catalina.
I can not be more happy with my tub. Think more people should take a look at what they have, and no I am not a dealer, never have been, never will be.
All that said, I can not say enough about how much the knowledge of all the people on here has helped me.
Term, Chas, Tatlady, MCMCall, Etc.
I hope everyone is enjoying there tub of choice, I know we are.

Vanguard

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 01:37:09 am »
Blakley33:

I would agree with you that $10,000 for a floor model '05 Envoy is pretty high unless it included a lot of stuff with it.

I had the same misconception you did about SpAudio.  The CD player is only for playing CDs.  The SpAudio system is the amplifier and the transducers that allow you to have no speakers in the spa.  Is it expensive?  Yes.  Is it cool?  Absolutely.  I found out later I can use my iPod on my SpAudio.  I have created list of spa music as a playlist and use that now.  Much better than the CD player.

Enjoy your Catalina.  Everyone has their favorite and I'm glad you found yours.  I'm sure you'll have years of enjoyment out of it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 01:39:04 am by aquatub »

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 01:46:25 am »
Yes I agree, being able to use your Ipod is cool, and I am able to do that with mine along with MP3, and Sirius.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 01:46:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42