What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Famous Customers  (Read 5208 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Famous Customers
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:35:40 pm »
Do any of you dealers have famous customers?

When I was in Australia, I overheard one of the HS dealers from Beverly Hills talking about some of his famous customers.  He also sells Sundance.  He said he didn't ever see most of them as they had go-fers come in and pick up their chems, but he said some of them were DIY's.

I'm probably the most famous customer I have and that ain't saying much, more like infamous or notorious or incontinent or something.

Terminator  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:35:58 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Famous Customers
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:35:40 pm »

salesdvl

Re: Famous Customers
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:43:42 pm »
We sold some stuff to:  

Scotty Pippen ( then star of the Chicago bulls)

Steve Trout ( pictcher for the Cubs )

Mickey Morandini ( Cubs)

Sammy Sosa (re-invented the art of corking)

Kendall Gill ( local kid that went to the NBA) He spent the entire time walking around on his cell phone while his mom bought about $10K of patio furniture

Another one of note was a local Chicago sports caster that bought a pool table.  When he came in to pay it off I asked him if he was going to pay cash or do 90 days same as cash.  he did not know what that was.  I explained it and he filled out the application.  I noticed he did some scribbling on the back and when I looked at it later he had to figure out his "monthly" income.  On the back was $400,000 / 12. ( that was about 20 yrs ago)
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:10:09 pm »
We sold some stuff to:  

Scotty Pippen ( then star of the Chicago bulls)

Steve Trout ( pictcher for the Cubs )

Sammy Sosa (re-invented the art of corking)

I would have assumed Pippen would have had a spa with a lounge because let's face it, with Jordan around he could afford to lie back and relax. Trout should have gotten a Great Lakes spa (I can't see Trout in an Arctic, Coast or Hot Spring) and I'd expect Sammy to go for a spa that was filled with foam though some might expect him to get a thermopane since they tend to be lighter to manuever.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 02:16:53 pm »
Not a lot of famous folks in West Michigan but Chris Kaman of the L.A. Clippers bought a spa for his folks from me.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »
Not a lot of famous folks in West Michigan but Chris Kaman of the L.A. Clippers bought a spa for his folks from me.

The most underrated center in the NBA and the tallest Tom Petty look-alike alive.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 02:35:17 pm »
I forgot about this one.  His momma just came in and bought an Envoy.  His name is Ben Spies and he is an AMA Superbike racer for Team Suzuki.  21 years old and was 2nd in overall standings last year.  He owns a Solana TX and is looking at getting a bigger spa:

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:36:20 pm by East_TX_Spa »

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 02:46:02 pm »

I would have assumed Pippen would have had a spa with a lounge because let's face it, with Jordan around he could afford to lie back and relax. Trout should have gotten a Great Lakes spa (I can't see Trout in an Arctic, Coast or Hot Spring) and I'd expect Sammy to go for a spa that was filled with foam though some might expect him to get a thermopane since they tend to be lighter to manuever.

The presentation to Pippen would be difficult because he would probably sit down every 1.7 seconds.   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 03:13:20 pm »
We have a lot of studio musicians around here - but I can't recall a single name off the top of my head.

Close enough to Lost Angeles but far enough away...

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 03:17:09 pm »
Oh yeah, George Bush 1 & 2, Ronald Reagan, Paul Harvey, and Rush Limbaugh, but I didn't sell spas to them.  They're all waaaay to liberal from where I sit.

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 03:17:39 pm »
I did sell a Soveriegn to June Lockhardt - a good fifteen years ago. Seem that lots of the faded stars live out in Ojai, which is close by.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 03:46:39 pm »
My now infamous dealer at one time had a very famous customer.  They sold a tub to John Cooper, who was in his 2nd year, I believe , as the Head Coach of The Ohio State University Buckeye football team.   The sale, and install, including crane went really well.  At the time the dealer was known as Buckeye Spas.  The coach took huge criticism for doing a commercial for them using him and his family.  I've seen other coaches, including Duke's BB coach doing commercials, but people thought he should stick to coaching and accepting sponsorship money from Nike.  The commercial definitely hurt his reputation, and teamed with the fact , as Goblue will tell you, he couldn't beat Michigan doomed him.

Reference:
http://www.the-ozone.net/misc/genesmithday1.htm

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 03:48:51 pm »
Oh yeah, George Bush 1 & 2, Ronald Reagan, Paul Harvey, and Rush Limbaugh, but I didn't sell spas to them.  They're all waaaay to liberal from where I sit. Terminator

At last.... someoine I might be able to agree with.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 03:50:30 pm »
I did sell a Soveriegn to June Lockhardt - a good fifteen years ago. Seem that lots of the faded stars live out in Ojai, which is close by.

I think they used it on the set of Lost in Space the episode where Dr Smith (Played by JA) defeated the evil Watkins empire by pouring Mr Bubble into their jets.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 03:51:41 pm »

I think they used it on the set of Lost in Space the episode where Dr Smith (Played by JA) defeated the evil Watkins empire by pouring Mr Bubble into their jets.

No no no.

They froze to death in a Diat tub.
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 03:59:01 pm »

That is funny as SQUAT!!! ;D ;D ;D according to the Shiner Bockk anyways!

Terminaort

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 03:59:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42