What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beware  (Read 1738 times)

sommer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Beware
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:46:37 am »
I just saw a local news report about "Master Spas"
They ripped off customers by promising major rebates
for thousands of dollars. The customers bought the products thinking  the rebates would trim down the final price of the product sold. No rebates were given. They contracted out a company to do the rebates and it seems they transfered all the money to oversea's bank accounts and filed for bankruptcy...
this has happened in numerious states.

Buyer beware....

Hot Tub Forum

Beware
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:46:37 am »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Beware
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:25:16 am »
There is some very good information on the subject on the Missouri Attorney General's website.  The cashable voucher program has been used by many dealers to dupe customers (it seems to be mostly Master dealers and their traveling tent show team).  The money disappears to London and Morocco when it is supposed to be held in escrow waiting to pay the claims.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »
Yeah, it has been a pretty bogus deal.  I know there were some furniture and appliance dealers offering the same thing in the midwest.  I always looked at it as too good to be true.  The hoops you had to jump through to get your money back were nearly impossible.  Plus, it was all tied to an annuity so you had no guarantee how much, if any, of your money you'd get back.

Master did push it pretty hard, but I think some dealers for other brands did it as well.  They just did not have the mfg pushing it.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 01:48:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42