What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fair Pricing  (Read 4502 times)

Curious

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Fair Pricing
« on: April 25, 2006, 02:58:20 pm »
Anyone have an idea what a "fair price" for a D1 Sarena Bay, Lotus Bay, or Sundance Maxxus might be?  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Fair Pricing
« on: April 25, 2006, 02:58:20 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Fair Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:07:56 pm »
They sell those things at the fair for 'bout 80 bucks.  ;)  OK bring it on. Sorry Currious, I sell Jacuzzi and Calder, so I haven't a clue 'bout those inferior brands.  ;) But I'm sure someone here will be of assistance. Sorry I can't help it, I think I'm terribly funny.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:10:09 pm »
Anyone have an idea what a "fair price" for a D1 Sarena Bay, Lotus Bay, or Sundance Maxxus might be?  Thanks.

There's a member here (JMcD) who I believe sells or has sold all of those at one point.  He would be a good person to ask.

Welcome to the board. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:55:07 pm »
There's a member here (JMcD) who I believe sells or has sold all of those at one point.  He would be a good person to ask.
Welcome to the board. :)
Terminator

Why thank you good sir, for the more than kindly introduction, you are a fine gentleman and I really don't care what JA or the others say about you.

The Lotus and the Sarena are a little unique and they will be priced a little above the Maxxus.

A fair price you ask is very hard to quote, but impressions I can give.  There are variables that will influence pricing, like freight, additional items like cover lifter, step, and delivery conditions.  These are not your less heavy Hot Tubs and may require a crane for placement.

The Maxxus in the area of $10,500 to $11,500
The Sarena in the area of  $12,500 to $13,500
The Lotus in the area of $10,200 to $11,200

OK, now the truth, what were you quoted, what area are you in and what was included? ???

Curious

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 05:26:12 pm »
Thanks for the info JMcD.  Truth is I'm still gathering information prior to my visit to the dealers, so I haven't received any quotes yet.

I see that you are a D1 dealer...so are the Bay series worth the extra money or are you paying for asthetics???  I would probably be happy with the value line Venture, but have heard that the filtration/ozone system is inferior to the Reflections and Bay line spas.  

As a former owner of a HS Landmark, I really didn't want to get into as large as a spa as the Sarena or Maxxus.  However, with a expanding family it may be a good choice for the family to have some extra elbow room.

Can you get any foot therapy while located in the dual recliners of the Sarena?  I have heard that the local dealer does not have the demand and/or means to floor the Bay series models, so a wet test is out of the question.  I'm 6' and my wife is 5'4", so I was wondering if you think this spa would be a good fit based on this limited information?

Thanks again for your input.  We are really looking forward to hot tubbing once again. ;D

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 05:35:05 pm »
At my store the Maxxus is $11,500 w/o stereo.

Awesome tub!! ;D ;D

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:48:49 pm »
That's deceptive advertising. The hot tub you are displaying has a stereo. You are implying that for 11.5K you can get the spa in the picture. BAD spa sales man, BAD!  :P

At my store the Maxxus is $11,500 w/o stereo.

Awesome tub!! ;D ;D

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 09:55:29 pm »
Thanks for the info JMcD.  Truth is I'm still gathering information prior to my visit to the dealers, so I haven't received any quotes yet.

I see that you are a D1 dealer...so are the Bay series worth the extra money or are you paying for asthetics???  I would probably be happy with the value line Venture, but have heard that the filtration/ozone system is inferior to the Reflections and Bay line spas.  

As a former owner of a HS Landmark, I really didn't want to get into as large as a spa as the Sarena or Maxxus.  However, with a expanding family it may be a good choice for the family to have some extra elbow room.

Can you get any foot therapy while located in the dual recliners of the Sarena?  I have heard that the local dealer does not have the demand and/or means to floor the Bay series models, so a wet test is out of the question.  I'm 6' and my wife is 5'4", so I was wondering if you think this spa would be a good fit based on this limited information?

Thanks again for your input.  We are really looking forward to hot tubbing once again. ;D

And you haven't told me the area your in, but that is OK.  Because this is my opinion, there is no debate, and yes it is worth more because of the scrolling message center, the sequencer, the ultrapure water mangement, the neckflex jets, and for a foot massage, they are going to tickle your toes like never before.  Your dealer is a bit hesitant to bring in the big $$'s but, it would be a good decision for him to bring one in.

Because of your height and her's too, you should look at the Diplomat.  MGoBlue is a consumer that occasionally comes by.  he recently got the Diplomat because of the "his and hers" lounges, one for tall and one for the females.

The Maxxus is an awesome Hot Tub as well, but keep in mind, pricing on these tubs can be higher because of shipping and handling.  They are large and the dealer pays a double rate on freight because of the size, plus a 12% fuel surcharge on top of that.  Hymbaw is right on and some may even be higher.

The Sarena and the Lotus are the two spas we provided for the Pittsburg Steelers to use for their training sessions during the Superbowl.  Sarena Hot and the Lotus Cold, 55° to be accurate.  And, I watched them sit in that cold water and talk to each other for 15 to 20 minutes.  Wow, can you imagine?

Curious

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 09:28:36 am »
We originally were very interested in the dual lounge feature on the Diplomat, however as silly as this sounds, no water feature-no deal.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 10:22:23 am »
Doesn't sound silly to me. People want what people want. If it's a water feature you want, then get a hot tub with one. With that in mind...JacuzziŽ spas have for the last 35 years had waterfalls. They have been employing the same design all the while with minor cosmetic changes. Don't mess with success. If you have a dealer near by, it would be worth your while to check them out.

as silly as this sounds, no water feature-no deal.

Curious

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 12:04:12 pm »
We finally got a chance to see the Sundance models at the dealer.  The unnegotiated price on the Maxxus was $8925 w/o the stereo.  I think he quoted $150 for the coverlift.  It really is a Hummer of a spa.  Given some of the pricing in the earlier posts, I guess it must be shipped via Hummer to some dealers.  ;D

hymbaw

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 12:07:29 pm »
$8925 for a Maxxus? If that's the case....BUY IT NOW!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 12:09:45 pm »
We finally got a chance to see the Sundance models at the dealer.  The unnegotiated price on the Maxxus was $8925 w/o the stereo.  I think he quoted $150 for the coverlift.  It really is a Hummer of a spa.  Given some of the pricing in the earlier posts, I guess it must be shipped via Hummer to some dealers.  ;D

You sure it isn't a hot tub in addition to being a hot water tub?

That price seems low, even if it was for a 2005 floor model. If it is the price and has what you want you probably aren't going to do much better based on prices I saw when I wet tested and what has been quoted here.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 04:01:30 pm »
you're right Tanstaafl2, there aint no such thing as a free lunch.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 06:04:58 pm »
$8925 for a Maxxus seems like a great price. I've always heard they are $10,000+ and more like $11,000-$12,000

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 06:04:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42