What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs cover vs.  "others"  (Read 2730 times)

srlollar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Springs cover vs.  "others"
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:57:21 pm »
I am about to pull the trigger on a new cover and lifter.  I can buy a new Hot Springs cover with a covercradle for $640 delivered.  In comparison, I can go to docs and get a new cover for $309.95 and Covermate III for $259.00 or Covermate II for $179.00.  It will be $70.00 or $150 less expensive to go with docs.  Is it worth the extra money to go with Hot Springs??

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs cover vs.  "others"
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:57:21 pm »

shabba34

Re: Hot Springs cover vs.  "others"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:03:33 pm »
I am about to pull the trigger on a new cover and lifter.  I can buy a new Hot Springs cover with a covercradle for $640 delivered.  In comparison, I can go to docs and get a new cover for $309.95 and Covermate III for $259.00 or Covermate II for $179.00.  It will be $70.00 or $150 less expensive to go with docs.  Is it worth the extra money to go with Hot Springs??

All I can say is that $640.00 for a new cover and covercradle, installed is a great price.

I sell that package for around $800.00.
That being said, nothing wrong with throwing Doc a little business.

I guess I really didn't answer the question. ;D

srlollar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:05:32 pm »
It does not include installation.  I am doing that myself.  I installed the last one.

shabba34

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:13:30 pm »
It does not include installation.  I am doing that myself.  I installed the last one.
Well, ask yourself if you like the cover to retract further behind the spa being less obtrusive.  If so go with the cradle.  if the cover opens towards a wall, then you can afford to use the CM III to take up less space. ;)

Vanguard

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:57:57 pm »
That's a great price.  Remember, Hot Spring makes their own covers so you know the fit will be correct.  Other aftermarket cover guys do pretty good as well.  I'd go with the Hot Spring cover and CoverCradle.  I like it better since it does not have a bar across the middle and screws into the side of the cover.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

TubsAndCues

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 09:20:19 am »
I'd take the HS cover and Cover Cradle at that price and run!!!  Regardless of a "perfect fit", which most after market cover manufacturers can get, that's a great price!  Not only that, but the Cover Cradle is a lot easier to use since it has hydraulic assists on the back.

FYI, that combo would be closer to $900 through my company, install not included.

The only after market cover I would recommend would be one made by SunStar, since their 3 year warranty includes not only manufacturers defects but also water logging.  As far as I know, no other cover will warranty that.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 09:20:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42