What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need New Cover Help  (Read 3206 times)

mothergoose45

Need New Cover Help
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:11:05 pm »
My cover is now shot.  I need to order a new cover today but there are alot of different ones out there.  My cover is 93" x 93" so its a big one.  I have my eye on this one ftp://http://www.hottubworks.com/SpaCovers/Features.html[I like this because it has a 3 year absorbtion warranty and thats what happened to mine.  (Its 5 years old).
Anyone have an opinion on this one or a different cover to get.  Does this look like a nice one for the price?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:11:36 pm by mothergoose45 »

Hot Tub Forum

Need New Cover Help
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:11:05 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Need New Cover Help
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:29:32 pm »
Price looks reasonable, I didn't see how much is shipping?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:43:39 pm »
Just something to consider............

"100% guaranteed against defects in materials and
workmanship, including moisture damage"

In over 25 years I don't think I've ever seen a cover absorb moisture due to a defect in materials or workmanship. It's typically either excessive chemicals in the water degrading the cover, or unwarranted physical damage caused to the cover.

"If a warranty claim occurs after the first 30 days, HotTubWorks will cover all costs except freight"

The cost of shipping the cover back to the company and the return freight will be MORE than the cost of the cover.

By the way... they do though sell a high quality cover, made by Sunstar.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:44:26 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:49:55 pm »
As a bench mark of reference, you might go to Doc's site http://www.rhtubs.com and form a basis of comparison.  A cover is still just a cover, but the people behind it may make a difference.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 03:00:43 pm by J._McD »

rick_in_cleveland

Re: Need New Cover Helpcovers.com
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:57:12 pm »
Marquis covers are made by Sunstar
http://www.sunstar
They are great covers...You can see if a dealer is in your area

mothergoose45

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:24:30 pm »
It looks like that RHTUBS.com sells the sonshine spa covers or the options are the same.  Thats the one I was going to order but it says the absorption warranty is only 12 months.  So without being bias would the hot tub works cover (made by sunstar) be good to go with or the one by sonshine covers?  The warranty just looks better.  They both say you must pay freight if it breaks.
Also the Hottubworks offers a 2 lb insulation upgrade from 1.5lb for $50.  Is that worth it or should I stick with the original one.  I have a covermate 2 on my tub.
Thanks Guys

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 04:32:23 pm »
It looks like that RHTUBS.com sells the sonshine spa covers or the options are the same.  Thats the one I was going to order but it says the absorption warranty is only 12 months.  So without being bias would the hot tub works cover (made by sunstar) be good to go with or the one by sonshine covers?  The warranty just looks better.  They both say you must pay freight if it breaks.
Also the Hottubworks offers a 2 lb insulation upgrade from 1.5lb for $50.  Is that worth it or should I stick with the original one.  I have a covermate 2 on my tub.
Thanks Guys

Actually, we manufacture our own "line" of spa covers, and a few other online and brick-n-morter store carry them, or variations of them as well. At times WE have made covers for sonshine (although about 6 years ago we did buy covers from them). One of their owners is a very good firend of mine).

Again, let me say, since I got into this business around 1980 I don't recall ever seeing a cover that absorbed water due to a manufacturing defect.

#2 foam.......... The cover will weight more (about 10% more), though it will also have more strength (about 30% more). #2 foam also will absorb less moisture. Due to it being denser there is less space for moisture to be absorbed into.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mothergoose45

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 10:35:05 pm »

Actually, we manufacture our own "line" of spa covers, and a few other online and brick-n-morter store carry them, or variations of them as well. At times WE have made covers for sonshine (although about 6 years ago we did buy covers from them). One of their owners is a very good firend of mine).

Again, let me say, since I got into this business around 1980 I don't recall ever seeing a cover that absorbed water due to a manufacturing defect.

#2 foam.......... The cover will weight more (about 10% more), though it will also have more strength (about 30% more). #2 foam also will absorb less moisture. Due to it being denser there is less space for moisture to be absorbed into.

Thanks for being honest Doc.  I think I will just go with the 2lb insulation from them for $350.  I talked to them and they told me that it will last about 3 yrs. longer and will be about 5 lbs more.  $350 isnt bad to protect a big investment.  Thanks guys

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 12:24:41 am »
Actually, if your cover has square corners, AND their advertised thickness is correct, it'll be exactly 7.5 pounds more (93" square by an average 3" thick = 25,947 cubic inches, just over 15 cubic feet)

Could you do me a favor? When you get the cover, unzip it a little and measure the actual thickness of the foam? I'm real curious to know if the foam truly 3-1/2" thick.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 12:24:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42