What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River Caspian-  (Read 6438 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Tiger River Caspian-
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 11:28:46 am »

Not a snowball's chance.  They would have forced him to keep his lemon.  I simply said that it might have been nice to have another choice.  it doesnt really matter who the manufacturer is.  If you buy a Saturn because it has dent resistant resin doors and then 6 months later the doors peel, it might be nice to have bought it from a dealer that also sells another brand rather than having to pick another Saturn, or a lower end car made by Saturn.  

I understand what you are saying, but I belive in this case it's the manufactuer, not the dealer who is offering the replacement, or upgrade.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 11:28:46 am »

salesdvl

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 11:50:42 am »

I understand what you are saying, but I belive in this case it's the manufactuer, not the dealer who is offering the replacement, or upgrade.  

I would think it was the manufacturer that "suggested" to the dealer to take care of this customer.  I used to work for a dealer that carried HS as well as a brand B.  Ultimately, it's up to the dealer to satisfy the customer so if their had been another brand, it would not have been up to Watkins which way they went.  Most likely Watkins credited the dealer for some amount to "re-stock" the lemon and covered the parts and labor under normal procedures.  The way we always did it was that they had a credit to buy any model that was equal or greater in price.
Measure once, cut twice.

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 12:28:21 pm »
Anoroc,

Don't get confused with the obvious bias of salesdvl.  You have some great choices.  The Caspian is great spa.  Just make sure you test it.  Even though the Envoy is a great spa, I went with a Vanguard.  For me, it fit better.  Some people choose a Vanguard over an Envoy for the same reason.

Make it simple on yourself, go to the dealer, sit in a number of spas and decide  which is most comfortable.  If the dealer does not have it wet, ask him to fill it up so you can test it.  When you find the one you like, get that one.  

I think too many people are trying to influence your decision and this will only cause what I call "analysis paralysis."  Get the one you like.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:29:21 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Anoroc

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:46 pm »
Anoroc,

Don't get confused with the obvious bias of salesdvl.  You have some great choices.  The Caspian is great spa.  Just make sure you test it.  Even though the Envoy is a great spa, I went with a Vanguard.  For me, it fit better.  Some people choose a Vanguard over an Envoy for the same reason.

Make it simple on yourself, go to the dealer, sit in a number of spas and decide  which is most comfortable.  If the dealer does not have it wet, ask him to fill it up so you can test it.  When you find the one you like, get that one.  

I think too many people are trying to influence your decision and this will only cause what I call "analysis paralysis."  Get the one you like.

Thanks for the advice.  They do not have a capsian in stock to wet test.  It looks good on paper though.  I am shooting to make a decison this weekend.  I plan on wet testing the vanguard this thursday.

salesdvl

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 12:51:32 pm »
Anoroc,

Noone is trying to confuse Anoroc.  Are you not reading the flow of the conversation??  All I said is that it might have been nice to have another option to choose from.  I never said that HS or TR were bad choices.  My comments could have been about ANY brand that had been delivered to his house.  The only bias is from the koolaid drinkers that Watkins is the ONLY choice.

However, the flip scenario would also illustrate my point.  Say he bought a Tiger River originally and IT was the lemon.  Now if he was a little hesitant to go back to that brand all he has as a choice is to pay MORE for a Hot Spring.  IT MIGHT BE NICE TO HAVE ANOTHER BRAND TO CHOOSE FROM.    Might... Maybe...
Measure once, cut twice.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 07:18:27 am »
Hi,  
We have the Tiger River Caspian for 1 1/2 yrs.  No problems with the filtering of the water, even though it has only 1 filter.  We live in Michigan it gets real cold in the winter electric bills are good.  Foot jets are great and seating is good.  Matter of fact our friends just bought the same spa after they were in ours.  I would recommend the Caspian to anyone.  Good Luck, Lynnette  :) :) :)

Anoroc

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 08:54:16 am »
Thanks Lynette.  I haven't completely rules this spa out yet.  The biggest thing is that it does not include Ozone.  If I upgrade to the ozone package for another $300 than I am close to the cost of the soverign.

Thanks again.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 09:27:40 am »
Thanks Lynette.  I haven't completely rules this spa out yet.  The biggest thing is that it does not include Ozone.  If I upgrade to the ozone package for another $300 than I am close to the cost of the soverign.

Thanks again.

Hmmmm.

They are both similliar sized tubs at about 350 gals each. The   Sovereign's  offers a lounger with moto, while the Caspain has the foot dome. Both have the corner chairs with what looks like a similliar jet config and I think the Caspain has a bit more seating (since it doesn't have the lounger).

Caspain has 2 pumps, while he Sovereing offers one larger pump.

Sovereign boasts the no bypass filtration, but as we've heard the Caspain filters just fine.  

Sounds like a wet test deciscion.

I've re-read your original post, and you stated the Caspain was $7275 without ozone.  Hmmmm.   I paid that for an 05 with ozone, cover, lifter,  steps and crane delivery.   You say the ozone will run $300 and put the Caspain at just about $7600? I think thats a tough price point, as for a bit more you are now in Vanguard territory...  make em an offer for 7100 with the ozone  ;)

I assume the Sovereign has the ozone included?  

What ever tub you decide upon, I personally feel the ozone is necessary .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:23:20 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 10:44:41 am »
Whatever you choose, it wouldn't hurt to try to get them to sweeten the deal some.

Remember, on most of the spas you are looking at you are going to incur some additional electrical expenses.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chemmie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 11:05:40 am »
We wet tested all three this past weekend, Caspian, Soverign and Vanguard.  We decided on the Caspian.  We just liked the way we sat in it better than the others.  Soverign was next because I like the lounger, but I don't like the Moto.  I gave up on the lounger and went for the Caspian with the better seating (personal preference) and foot-dome.  We also liked the jet placement better in the Caspian.

Our Caspian was offered at $6795 with everything included, including Ozone.

I advise a wet-test and try to get a Caspian wet-test too.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 11:05:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42