What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying a hottub real soon  (Read 2865 times)

Linda

buying a hottub real soon
« on: July 16, 2000, 10:56:46 pm »
I'm in the process of looking around at different hottubs, we have found a few that we liked but the average price was around 4-6 thousand dollars.  Is their any really good sites on the web to re-search some more and to get more prices.  I went to catalinaspas.com and found wonderful spas but No prices.  Any help will be really appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

buying a hottub real soon
« on: July 16, 2000, 10:56:46 pm »

SpaSalesMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:buying a hottub real soon
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2000, 03:01:59 pm »
Its a good idea to find info on-line, but to make a decision on a spa is premature.  You are going to want to find a local dealer who will service you after the sale.  Service is tops in the product you buy.  The Titanic sank, space shuttles blow up, and 747's crash.  Your hot tub will break down and if its backed by a good warranty and service team, you won in the shopping game

Spa Tech

Spa Prices Online
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2000, 03:28:22 pm »

Youre probably not going to find retail prices quoted on internet sites online. The basic reason for this is that each dealership deals with price structure individually allowing them to price their product for what the market will bear.

A spa sold in the San Fransico Bay Area or Lake Tahoe would be priced about 15% to 30% higher than say a rural community such as Red Bluff.

If youre a serious spa shopper youre going to have to see an authorized dealer anyways to wet test the product before you buy. Most internet sites for spa manufacturers have a dealer locater in them so you can search by postal code or city state...they can tell you if theres a dealer near you....

Linda

Re:Spa Prices Online
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2000, 12:24:24 am »
Thanks for the info, all the dealers that I've found in my area also doesn't offer a wet test it's strictly you want it you buy.  My parents just bought one and they love it.  I guess what I'm asking is what is the standard or average price for a good well built hottub, also one that will last a life time.  thanks

Spa Tech

:Spa Prices Online
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2000, 01:57:23 am »
Jeeze- I wonder how they sell spas without a wet test...

I sure wouldnt buy one I couldnt sit in...

Average prices for an average spa--Anywhere between $4,000 and $5,000

SpaSalesMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:Re:Spa Prices Online
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 03:36:23 pm »
the key to finding an affordable price on a premium spa is simple SIZE.  Be realistic on how many people are using the spa on an everyday basis.  In otherwords dont buy a model for 6k that seats eight when you could buy a premium 4-5 seater for the same 6k.  All hot tubs cost $10,000. Thats over ten years.  Buy one for three and spend seven operating it, pay for repairs, pay for chemicals.  Or be a smart shopper pay slightly more and get in return a great spa that is energy efficient and does not require a chemistry degree to maintain.  If you would like my advice on what spas to shop, email me personally and ill give you 4-5 to shop for.  Although you may not be in my area, i still like to help people make an informed decision on purchasing their first spa.smashM25@juno.com

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: buying a hottub real soon
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 07:01:58 pm »
Costco offers prices on-line
for all of their different spa models.

But not sure about how well they
do on servicing after sale is made.

Of course Costco did not become
a hugely successful company by
offering shoddy products and
shoddy customer service.

I suppose the jury is still out
on how Costco's venture into
spas plays out.

Discovery 776M 76 Jet, 7-Person Spa Package
Blue Metallic Acrylic Shell, CD player/stereo

$5,999.99
Item # 999617
Shipping & Handling included

Click Below:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11112478&whse=&topnav=&cat=4640&hierPath=111*4639*4640*

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 07:07:09 pm by Zep »

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 08:29:35 pm »
I am not sure what area you are in but I just had my tub delivered last friday and same as you we looked for several months trying to find the best tub for the best deal.
You mentioned that you went to the catalina web site and liked the look of the tubs.
The tub that we got was the 06 catalina stealth series rapto.
It is a great tub and we love it.
You will not find many people on this forum speaking about catalina tubs but from my research and now from having one I love it.
If you would like to email me I can give you an idea on some of the prices for the catalina tubs at least in my area.
Also give you some info on catalina.
jason.blakley@explorethejungle.com

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:52:07 pm »
Holy cr*p. This was posted in 2000. What's going on wmccall?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:15 am »
Happens every now and then- an old post mysteriously surfaces.  Would be interesting to know how that happens though.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42