What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your spa dealer's website  (Read 4370 times)

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Your spa dealer's website
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:42:31 am »
What should your dealers website do for you AFTER the sale.

What would you like to see?

If he/she sold spa chemicals online, at a competitive price and you were generally happy with them, would you purchase  from their site over the internet? That's if you were 30+ miles from their location.

Any input would help all of us. Thank you. D. Scarritt
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

Your spa dealer's website
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:42:31 am »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
Re: Your spa dealer's website
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:12:52 am »
Great question.

As a new Sundance Bahia owner, I believe answering water care questions is important.  As a local dealer, you know the water in the area and can advise on hardness, alk. etc, and possible harmful affects on the spa and it's components.  

Chemical purchases online is a good idea, especially if competitively priced.  

Also, since reviews of spas are hard to come by, maybe encourage satisified customers of yours to write their own and submit them for posting on your site and/or wall of fame at your store.  Good advertisement for you and another source for wannabee spa owners.  

Bottom line is buying a spa isn't like buying a used car.  They are spending $6k-$12k in most cases very unnecessarily.  That needs to be recognized and catered to with that in mind.   Anything that would make owning your spa easier and more enjoyable would be a great thing to have on the site.  

I hope this didn't come out sounding bad.  But it's like going out to dinner at a very nice restaurant vs. Applebees.  You expect the service to be better and you don't mind paying for it.  Spa owners could have spent that cash on numerous other things but chose your spa....take care of them!   ;)

Better than I deserve...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:15:41 am »
My dealer: New England Spas and Sunrooms offers a website shopping.  http://www.nespas.com.  They are about 20 miles south of me, and I very, very rarely find myself in that area.  

I've  like to support them and they offer free shipping for orders over $50.   I have had all my orders delivered within 24 hours.  They also allow me to drop them an e-mail to my sales rep, or just pick up the phone.

I think i could save a few bucks by shopping around, but so far they have been provided me with superior customer service when ordering.  The convience is worth it to me.

07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:38:49 am »
For some unknown reason, I get newsletters from Thermospas. They are full of information and obviously directed at marketing but  I think they are a good idea.(maybe my kids took a look at their website). In any case, I would like it if Marquis had a newsletter. My dealer has virtually NO website.

I think that upgrades that could be retrofitted to the spas that we own should be shown and available to spa owners. Specifically, I am talking about the pest prevention screens that are on the new Marquis tubs. I made my own and actually just made new ones to prevent wasps from nesting in my equipment compartment. I found out that Marquis was now making the same thing. I found out  through folks on this forum.  If in fact, the Spa Frog bromine cartridges are going to be manufactured to last longer, as some have suggested on here, I would like to know that because I am thinking about switching my sanitizer.  I have friends who are seriously interested in buying a tub, I am sure I could sell them an Epic, but I have no current literature. It would be great to hand them a newsletter with promotional information or customer comments about the tub. I think all of this could be accomplished by Marquis crafting a quarterly newsletter that gives dealers the ability to adding sales info, local info and maybe some highlights from satisfied customers. It is a cost effective means of staying in touch with  customers. I think some of the best sales people are the free ones, the current satisfied owners!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 09:00:04 pm »
thanks for the insight, we'll certainly take it to heart. I appreciate it.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 12:20:57 am »
Boniebelle:  The green 200 gram bromine cartridges have been out for over a month now.  Ask your dealer about them.   Also if your friends want some literature, request information at the Marquis website and they will get the spa book as well as a DVD.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:22:41 am by Hideaway_King »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:23 am »
My point exactly...I learn so much on here..I think there are many other owners who never get on this site. Thanks Markee, I will pay them a visit and I can pick up  some literature to hand to my friends when I see them at the next ball game.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42