What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: '04 Caldera Tahitian for $3800 a Good Price?  (Read 4752 times)

dthollis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
'04 Caldera Tahitian for $3800 a Good Price?
« on: April 24, 2006, 03:22:16 pm »
Hi,

New member here trying to figure out used values.  I looked at a Tahitian today that I can get for $3800 probably.  Owner claims to have paid $6000 1.5 years ago.  Asking price new from local dealer is $7800 plus tax.  Used tub has been kept under cover and looks and operates as new.

I've never had a hot tub before and would like to be able to get rid of it without losing my shirt if I find I don't really use it or like it.

What does this most knowledgeable board say about $3800?  

Thank you,
David

Hot Tub Forum

'04 Caldera Tahitian for $3800 a Good Price?
« on: April 24, 2006, 03:22:16 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: '04 Caldera Tahitian for $3800 a Good Price?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 03:37:18 pm »
I've never had a hot tub before and would like to be able to get rid of it without losing my shirt if I find I don't really use it or like it.

Thank you,
David

i can appreciate that sentiment.  I too, for years wanted a hot tub but just couldn't see taking the chance and buying a $8500 flower pot.

I was sort of lucky to get a free tub from a freind.  The tub itself was a POS, but It did answer the question,  do i like hot tubs? If I bought a new one, would I really use it?    And was a lot more confident knowing what i wanted and how I used the tub, before going out to buy a new tub since owning a  used tub. For some folks, it's the way to go.

I'm not a dealer, but that price sounds reasonable.  I wouldn't pay any more for a used tub (because I'm cheap).  

Why are they selling it?

Are they including the cover, lifter, steps, chemicals and the sub panel and GFCI's?

Hmmm.  

However, if you bought this, and decided you didn't like it, what could you get for it ? (it's now 3rd hand, and has been moved several times)  2 grand?  You'll loose 1800

Just wondering out loud. if you bought a say a Vanguard for 8000 and didn't like it, you might sell it in a year for 6500,  you'd loose less money.   8)  (these numbers are made up....only to illustrate, would you lose if you bought new and sold, vs buying used and selling used?"  

And, if you liked the tub,well then, you've got a much better tub.  8)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:52:45 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

dthollis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:43:28 pm »
            Why are they selling it?

Are they including the cover, lifter, steps, chemicals and the sub panel and GFCI's?

They are selling because they are moving and have found that only one person uses the tub and they plan on buying a small one.

Cover, lifter, steps and chemicals are included.

David

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:44:08 pm »
Is it a Tahitian Paradise or Utopia.  That will make a difference in the price.  The Utopia has bigger pumps and more jets as well as other features.

You can tell if it is a Utopia if it has outside lights.  That is the quickest and easiest way to figure out.  Also, does it have an ozonator?  You will want to make sure it has one.

Caldera is made by the same company that makes Hot Spring, so you will have a great tub.  If it is a Paradise series, I'd probably try to go down to around $3,000.  If it is a Utopia, I'd say $3600-$3800 is about right.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

dthollis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:12:47 pm »
Thanks Aquatub,

I didn't know that the Tahitian came in 2 lines.  I don't remember seeing exterior lights, so I guess it's the cheaper model.  That also explains to me part of  the $1700 difference between what she paid and the cost of a new one.

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:14:41 pm »
Yes, the Tahitian now only comes in the Utopia.  That would certainly explain part of the difference.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:14:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42