What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water Change Question  (Read 2869 times)

Nitlion15

• Be vewry vewry quiet, I'm hunting Spa's.....
Water Change Question
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:45:04 am »
I'm looking for help with a water change.  I am draining the spa, I put in a bottle of "Spa Purge" a day before the change.  This helped get all of the gunk out of the jets etc.  

My question is:  What does everyone use to wipe down the spa with to clean it?  Just a soft cloth and water or do you use some sort of soap or other solution?

Hot Tub Forum

Water Change Question
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:45:04 am »

hymbaw

Re: Water Change Question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 11:18:52 am »
A soft(non-abrasive) cloth should suffice. Wipe it down with water (NO SOAP!) If you have a stubborn scum/water line your dealer should have surface cleaning solutions.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 01:10:21 pm »
I would guess a Nittany Lion fan would throw Urine in it.  (Sorry, still mad about last years band incident) I use Clorox wipes on mine followed by a quick rinse and remove the rinse water. Sometimes I just wipe it down with those new Microfiber towels. They seem to work great too.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 06:58:40 pm »
bucket of water, a dash of chlorine, boat brush or similar. Hymbaw's right NNOOO SOAP! Some surface cleaners foam so it may need to be rinsed.
Clorox wipes, Hummm, I could sell those in our store. Thanks admin
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 09:29:18 pm »
I was told to wipe mine down with IPA , but no one has commented on that so I sure hope it is OK.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 10:34:47 pm »
I would guess a Nittany Lion fan would throw Urine in it.  (Sorry, still mad about last years band incident) I use Clorox wipes on mine followed by a quick rinse and remove the rinse water. Sometimes I just wipe it down with those new Microfiber towels. They seem to work great too.

HEY, Settle down there... there are a lot of us Nittany Lions out here!  :-)    Go State!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 10:14:47 am »
No soap?  Glad somebody said something prior to me making this mistake.

According to my dealer's website....clean the acrylic surface with an approved acrylic cleaner prior to refilling

I'm sure my dealer will be happy to sell me a bottle of an approved acrylic cleaner.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Nitlion15

• Be vewry vewry quiet, I'm hunting Spa's.....
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 09:41:27 am »
Thanks for the help.

I used Clorox wipes and they did a great job.  I had some hard water staining on the jets and they took that off too.  

Thanks MCall.  I guess there is something that Buckeye fans are good for.  Go State......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 09:41:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42