What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?  (Read 6343 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: When would you get a better deal on a hot tub?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:57:05 pm »
That is to say, in Texas.  I don't know how ya'll do it in Third World states.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 04:57:05 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 06:36:17 pm »

didn't work for me.   >:(  

But always worth a try.

Yes, they do cost the dealer.  I asked for a "paid in full" discount and they didn't offer one.  I asked for a cover lifter and ozonator and only got one (charged me for the other).  

My friend bought a computer on a 12 months same as cash deal.  He offered to pay cash and they offered a $20 discount saying they sold the financing paper for $20.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 01:19:32 am »
The best time to buy a hot tub is when a dealer has the previous year's spas still in inventory.  They will be more motivated to move them.  However, that does not necessarily mean you'll get a better deal because you'll have last year's spa.  The current year may have new "stuff" on it.

As to what time of the month is the best, its really not like a car dealership.  Car dealers have lots of interest to pay on all those cars sitting on their lot.  Hot tub dealers may be paying interest on their inventory, but its not like a car dealer.

Just keep an eye on the pricing and when the price seems right to you, go for it.  You probably won't see a lot of difference in price during the year.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 01:42:52 am »
Almost all of your customers use the doctors prescription routine?

What are taxes?

Actually, if you provide a doctor's prescription, you do not have to pay sales tax.  I've had maybe 3 or 4 people who didn't want to go to the doctor.

Terminator

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 09:02:33 am »
Hmmmm, a dealership might be best served to have a doctors office located next door.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 09:11:55 am »
The best time to buy a hot tub is when a dealer has the previous year's spas still in inventory.  They will be more motivated to move them.  However, that does not necessarily mean you'll get a better deal because you'll have last year's spa.  The current year may have new "stuff" on it.

As to what time of the month is the best, its really not like a car dealership.  Car dealers have lots of interest to pay on all those cars sitting on their lot.  Hot tub dealers may be paying interest on their inventory, but its not like a car dealer.

Just keep an eye on the pricing and when the price seems right to you, go for it.  You probably won't see a lot of difference in price during the year.

True.  My tub was not even in the dealer's inventory (I wish it were).  We special ordered it and that took just over 3 weeks to have it delivered.

Another dealer in town did mention something about "end of the month/end of the quarter" pricing flexibility.  I think this was due to the fact that we were discussing a tub they had in their inventory.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 01:59:19 am »
Dealers need to move certain units in their spa inventory at any time.  The best bet is find the dealer you are comfortable with now and purchase your spa from what they have in stock.  Spas are guaranteed not to get less expensive in the future.  There are many costs in spa manufacturing and shipping that rise with petroleum prices.  You will gain nothing by waiting.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 06:18:13 pm »
I received a 8% discount by paying cash for my tub. Most of the dealers I talked to were in the same range of 5-10% for cold hard cash.

Micah

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 06:22:45 pm »
What are taxes?

Actually, if you provide a doctor's prescription, you do not have to pay sales tax.  I've had maybe 3 or 4 people who didn't want to go to the doctor.

Terminator

is that a state law or federal
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 07:20:15 pm »
is that a state law or federal

State.

Gombo, yes 99% of my customers have medical conditions.  There is a chiropractor right across the parking lot from me who several of my customers use. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 07:20:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42