What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To HS dealers and anyone who owns an Envoy  (Read 2186 times)

Ronald5599

• HS Envoy installed May 5th - Very frustrated
To HS dealers and anyone who owns an Envoy
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »
I have a question for Pkud, hottubdan, east_tx_spa, hottub.pool_boy, chas and any other owners of the HS Envoy model: We bought the Envoy because we wanted a lounger, who knows. Anyway, the one weird thing is that they have appeared to design this tub with the lounger at the front, so getting in there seems to be dangerous. We put in a concrete slab a couple of days ago and extended the concrete for the step on the left side, this works out best for the location. The spa is coming at the end of the month. What are your experiences, how are people getting in and out of this model? I wish I asked this question before we installed the slab, hope we didn't make a big mistake ??? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

To HS dealers and anyone who owns an Envoy
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: To HS dealers and anyone who owns an Envoy
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 01:02:27 am »
Ron, have you wet tested the Envoy? It's probably the only way you'll know if you like the lounger. Some people float in them. I have an Envoy and love the lounger. It's my favorite seat but I'm the only one in the family who uses it as a lounger. I use it about 80% of the time. I'm 6'1" and wish it was an inch or so longer but I make it work.  We also use the lounger as a cool down seat. The kids also sit on it like a booster seat--when they are sitting. ;D  

I had the same concerns about someone slipping on the lounger while getting in and out of the spa. So far we've been careful and nobody has fell yet. It really hasn't been a problem. Good luck.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 01:12:14 am »
We have the steps on the side of the tub, not on the front by the lounger.  We did it primarily for space reasons, but I also thought it might be weird to step into the lounge.  We really don't use the controls on the front, just the inside one, so it doesn't seem to matter that we don't enter on the front.  Here are some pics.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 08:30:06 am »
you do not want to step down into any spa. sit your butt on the side, swing your legs, and you're in. tri it on the control side. otherwise, do as brookenstein.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 09:56:12 am »
I had a Vista for a year - I had the same concerns. I got in from the side.

I put a step next to the Envoy on our showroom for wet tests.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 10:40:46 am »
It's obviously safer to enter from left or right, but as long as you are careful, any of the three sides will be fine. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 10:40:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42