What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...  (Read 6672 times)

jeff_redden

Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...
« on: June 17, 2004, 02:03:31 am »
A question to full-foam dealers/techs:  If a leak inside the spa requires you to tear out a sizable chunk of foam how do you replace it?  

Hot Tub Forum

Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...
« on: June 17, 2004, 02:03:31 am »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Question to Full-foam dealers/techs...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 03:15:36 am »
With another sizable chunk of FOAM!
Get a Life.

ZNICK

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 03:47:26 am »
Yes, and a tube of crazy glue.   ::)

Z

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 06:16:28 am »
2 part spray foam. Cool stuff but expensive.
Retired

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 10:09:59 am »
I try to use as much of the old stuff and then use a two part spray foam to fill it back in. It is no big deal.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Pooldevil

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 10:31:20 am »
If you are a Beachcomber dealer ....
You are told to stuff it with fibreglass loft insulation and spray foam over the top !!! ???

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 03:42:40 pm »
How do you go about finding a leak in a full foam tub?  Is there some kind of tool that can tell you where it is?  Or do you just have to keep on digging til you find it?
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Gary

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 04:56:19 pm »
Make an educated guess as to what side it is on and dig in. Some folks will dye the water but I have always had success with simply removing the foam and check all the fittings. Where it is leaking it is easy to see.

Fixing a full foam is no big deal and the folks that think they are, well if you think it is a dig deal then you will make it a big deal.

Gary

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 06:13:26 pm »
Talk to my customer that had a leak in the foot dome of his J-340 if it's a big deal or not. Gary, you must sell full foam spas, therefore are attempting to minimize the pain in the a$$ it is to fix such leaks. I am a Jacuzzi Premium dealer, until I sell my last one that is, and have had in the last year 2 spas with foot well jet leaks. Gosh golly gee it's a ton of fun getting to those! Before april of 2002 (when Jacuzzi sucumbed to sundance pressure to streamline the production facility and build both spas the same, for this thread full foam). I have had ZERO leaks in my Jacuzzi thermopane style products. For all future sales, now that I have a good thermopane style spa again, I will be refering every customer to these two customers when the issue of leaks comes up. In your best neanderthall voice repeat this phrase...full foam bad...thermopane good... ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 06:14:27 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Gary

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 06:51:16 pm »
Talk to my customer that had a leak in the foot dome of his J-340 if it's a big deal or not. Gary, you must sell full foam spas, therefore are attempting to minimize the pain in the a$$ it is to fix such leaks. I am a Jacuzzi Premium dealer, until I sell my last one that is, and have had in the last year 2 spas with foot well jet leaks. Gosh golly gee it's a ton of fun getting to those! Before april of 2002 (when Jacuzzi sucumbed to sundance pressure to streamline the production facility and build both spas the same, for this thread full foam). I have had ZERO leaks in my Jacuzzi thermopane style products. For all future sales, now that I have a good thermopane style spa again, I will be refering every customer to these two customers when the issue of leaks comes up. In your best neanderthall voice repeat this phrase...full foam bad...thermopane good... ;)

I do not sell any brand of spa, just a service tech.

I do not have a preference for full foam or thermopane, I just do not think the full foam are that big of a deal to fix.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 06:52:38 pm by Gary »

Rboehme

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 07:12:48 pm »

Finding a leak in the foot dome of any spa is a pain, regardless of the insulation.

It is rare that it takes me more than 30 minutes to find a leak in any spa.(with the exception of spas without removable panels)

Once the leak is found it is fixed and the foam is replaced.

Fixing a full foamed spa can take up to 1/2 hour longer than a non insulated spa. Mostly because of the clean up involved. The exception to this are spas without removable panels.

As a spa tech I can say that I do alot more plumbing repairs on thermo-pane insulated spas than I do full foam.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 11:47:43 pm »
Wisoki, to read your posts one would begin to believe that Jacuzzi was just junk.  Having just committed to buy a J365 today (delivery mid July) I'm dismayed to read your comments always putting them down.  I read alot and I'm not finding any more long threads of problems relating to Jacuzzi than I am on other manufacturers.  And if Jacuzzi sucks as bad as you say, why are they still rated at poolandspa.com as a 4star tub?  I'm not discounting your experience with Jacuzzi, I'm just wondering if you are impartial or have some particular beef with Jacuzzi on a personal level.  

I've done my homework as best I can, me and hub are just ordinary consumers who read way too much and sweat the small stuff.  I wanted the SD Cameo but that dealer couldnt do much with his price.  I got way more tub for my $6400 at Jacuzzi than I could have gotten with SD or SW.  

rick

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 11:09:46 am »
Do not,  I repeat, Do NOT take anything out of the poolandspa ratings.  They are rated according to how much each company pays poolandspa for these bogus ratings.  It's nothing but a farce.  How do you figure that CalSpas is listed in the 4 star category?

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 12:00:12 pm »
Then disregard anything I have to say. It makes no difference to me. The product you bought is not the product you may think it is. You cannot eficiently run all the jets all the time. This is because they are using Sundance pumps. Pumps that work great in Sundance spas, but not so well in jacuzzi spas. Especialy with the big jets. I'll bet you anything when the dealer showed you how great those big jets were, he had all the water diverted into that ONE seat. Not the case with Jacuzzi spas of old. When Sundance took over manufacturing of the Jacuzzi spas, they had one focus and only one focus. To take advantage of the MOST RECOGNIZED NAME IN WATER.

Wisoki, to read your posts one would begin to believe that Jacuzzi was just junk.  Having just committed to buy a J365 today (delivery mid July) I'm dismayed to read your comments always putting them down.  I read alot and I'm not finding any more long threads of problems relating to Jacuzzi than I am on other manufacturers.  And if Jacuzzi sucks as bad as you say, why are they still rated at poolandspa.com as a 4star tub?  I'm not discounting your experience with Jacuzzi, I'm just wondering if you are impartial or have some particular beef with Jacuzzi on a personal level.  

I've done my homework as best I can, me and hub are just ordinary consumers who read way too much and sweat the small stuff.  I wanted the SD Cameo but that dealer couldnt do much with his price.  I got way more tub for my $6400 at Jacuzzi than I could have gotten with SD or SW.  

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 12:01:46 pm »
OH yeah and ditto what Rick said!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 12:01:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42