What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warrenty?  (Read 4704 times)

Dee Dee

Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warrenty?
« on: April 18, 2006, 02:46:23 pm »
For example, if you buy a hot springs hot tub and there is something wrong with it, do you call Hot Springs, or the store you bought it at to fix it?  Who honors the warrenty?  The dealer or the store you bought it at?  Is this the same for Artesian, Master Spa, Dimension One, etc.?

And if it is the store, what happens if the store goes out of business?

Also when buying a hot tub is is a good thing to have the store close to you?  I think the nearest Hot Springs dealer is about an hour away, does this mean we shouldn't even consider looking at them?

Hot Tub Forum

Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warrenty?
« on: April 18, 2006, 02:46:23 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warren
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 02:58:30 pm »
The manufacturer honors the warranty.  If you buy a HotSpring and your dealer goes out of business, Watkins Mfg. will provide you with the name of another dealer who will service your spa.

I have several customers who are over an hour away from my store.  We have a very large territory and the next closest HotSpring dealer is 2 hours away in Dallas.

If HS has the spa you want and you are comfortable with the dealer, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 03:13:26 pm »
If you are going to do business with a long distance dealer make sure you get all fees in writing. Even though your spa is under warranty there may be some steep travel charges involved.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 04:34:27 pm »
If you are going to do business with a long distance dealer make sure you get all fees in writing. Even though your spa is under warranty there may be some steep travel charges involved.

Good point. Some may charge a trip fee for service, some won't but it's not simply a matter of how far away you are. Some will charge for a spa that is 5 miles away while others will have no trip charge even if you are 1 hr away. Always ask up front and have them state their policy in writing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:25:07 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 05:17:07 pm »
And if it is the store, what happens if the store goes out of business?

My Dynasty Dealer went out of business. The first thing I did was verify my warrany with Dynasty.  Some months later, I had a flo switch go bad, Dynasty contracted a local tech, who used to work for that dealer and they sent him out. They paid for the parts and his labor, I paid a very modest trip charge. (I'm thinking it was $30)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 07:54:40 pm »
30 clams sounds reasonable... :)
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 12:55:34 am »
I would for sure ask the dealer about trip charges.  If you are in a rural area, you might have to pay a fee.  Sometimes you can get a dealer to waive those costs in negotiating for a new spa.  Just make sure you get it in writing.

If the dealer were to go out of business, Hot Spring will certainly honor the warranty.  Most Hot Spring dealers are pretty stable, so you probably won't have to worry about that.

One other thing to keep in mind, you probably won't have to have much in the way of warranty service, so trip charges won't add up too much.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:49 am »
If the dealer didn't charge you for travel time to deliver the spa when you bought it they shouldn't charge you travel time to service it.  If you are far from the dealer where you purchase your spa you should expect to pay a reasonable charge.  The dealer in definately incurring additional expense in labor hours, fuel, etc.  Either way, you should know at time of purchase.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:48:22 am »
 This is happening to us.  Our dealer is dropping spa sales.  For now they intend to maintain their supplies and service, at least until another dealer takes over.
I asked Sundance and they said that even if my dealer stops service, they have service center in my area.
Not sure if this place charges a trip fee or not.
If so, not the end of the world.  
Wonder who will take over the selling end, though.
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:06:46 am »
I hate to hear that Brewman.  I just got word that socal's (Marquis dealer that posts here) store appears to have gone out of business.  I'm afraid we're going to be seeing more and more of this in our industry.

Terminator

Anoroc

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:12:02 am »
Wow that's a bummer.  What does it take to survive in the business today.  Is it easier for a smaller dealer with less overhead or a large dealer with greaer displays and marketing push?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 10:22:48 am »
What does it take to survive in the business today.

A first rate product, consistency, exceptionally well-trained sales personnel, first-rate customer service techs, a solid business plan, strategic marketing, and strong financial backing, basically.

Terminator  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 10:22:57 am »
Wow that's a bummer.  What does it take to survive in the business today.  Is it easier for a smaller dealer with less overhead or a large dealer with greaer displays and marketing push?

That, my friend, is the million dollar question.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 02:12:02 pm »

A first rate product, consistency, exceptionally well-trained sales personnel, first-rate customer service techs, a solid business plan, strategic marketing, and strong financial backing, basically.

Terminator  

If that is true, why is Walmart taking over America? :-/
Dance like nobody's watching

shabba34

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 02:18:57 pm »

If that is true, why is Walmart taking over America? :-/
Solid business plan and strong financial backing. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 02:18:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42