What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warrenty?  (Read 4706 times)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Re: Who fixes your hot tub when it is under warren
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »
This is an interesting thread right here now.  Walmart meets the needs of their intended market.  People who are looking for the lowest price possible on household commodities are their stock in trade.  They have vision, consistency, ruthless determination, and a solid corporate business plan that has not really changed at all from the early days.  Personally, I would go without before shopping there, but clearly people like me are in the minority and do not affect Walmart at all.

Term, you are one sharp guy.  I think you have the right approach.  

The Evil Empire, is what I call them other guys.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 03:04:21 pm »
Yes, I agree with Bill here.  I personally can't stand Wallmart. Everything they sell is cheap landfill garbage. My wife sent me there to buy diapers because they have the lowest prices. I got frustrated with the place and went to the grocery store and happily paid twice the price. She hasn't sent me to buy diapers ever since.  ;D

This is an interesting thread right here now.  Walmart meets the needs of their intended market.  People who are looking for the lowest price possible on household commodities are their stock in trade.  They have vision, consistency, ruthless determination, and a solid corporate business plan that has not really changed at all from the early days.  Personally, I would go without before shopping there, but clearly people like me are in the minority and do not affect Walmart at all.

Term, you are one sharp guy.  I think you have the right approach.  

The Evil Empire, is what I call them other guys.

Regards,

Bill

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 04:52:45 pm »

If that is true, why is Walmart taking over America? :-/

Anoroc referred to "the" business, which I interpreted as "the spa business".  It's the only business I'm intimately familiar with and I'm sorry if I mislead anyone into thinking I was an economic gooroo. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 05:36:27 pm »

Anoroc referred to "the" business, which I interpreted as "the spa business".  It's the only business I'm intimately familiar with and I'm sorry if I mislead anyone into thinking I was an economic gooroo. :)

Terminator

I was not criticising- just making an observation. Term said what it takes to survive in business to day is "A first rate product, consistency, exceptionally well-trained sales personnel, first-rate customer service techs, a solid business plan, strategic marketing, and strong financial backing, basically." I wish this were true, and maybe in a select market (i.e. hottubs) it is.

In my mind, Walmart has only a solid business plan and strong financial backing, and as Bill said, ruthless determination. I HATE Walmart, and will also pay 1.5-2x the price for certain things to avoid going there. (Every now and then I give in, get my low priced item, and then suffer from irritation and a headache for an hour or so.....NOT worth it!) I'm not Walmart's "intended market" and it amazes me how many people I know that feel same way, and yet the evil empire rules all. There was a vert interesting documantary on the evolution of Walmart and its domination of today's economy....can anyone help me remember the name? Really worth seeing.

Dance like nobody's watching

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 12:18:37 am »
I hate to hear that Brewman.  I just got word that socal's (Marquis dealer that posts here) store appears to have gone out of business.  I'm afraid we're going to be seeing more and more of this in our industry.

Terminator

Sorry to hear about Socal.  In my case it's not quite that big of a deal.  The place that I got my spa from is a really huge regional furniture dealer.  They decided to delve into the spa thing maybe 5 years ago.  I was told by their customer service department that the spa part of the business just wasn't panning out like they had hoped.  Not sure why, but hopefully someone else will either take over the territory and offer Sundance, or maybe new dealers will open.  
As long as I can get parts and service it's fine.
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2006, 12:18:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42