What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finished......almost  (Read 7294 times)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: finished......almost
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 04:49:09 pm »
you might be able to stain the concrete.

i've also seen a wooden skirt that hides the concrete pad.  i can't take credit for this, but another member of the forum did this and it looked very nice.

Flagstone and setting in general look great! Makes me wish more and more that I had a nice flagstone appearance to the surface of my plain old concrete pad.

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 04:49:09 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 11:53:11 pm »
you might be able to stain the concrete.

i've also seen a wooden skirt that hides the concrete pad.  i can't take credit for this, but another member of the forum did this and it looked very nice.

Staining is certainly a possibility but it appears from what I have seen at home shows and such that putting a layer of concrete on the pad and stamping or forming it in some fashion may give a more realistic appearance. And my tub sits on a large concrete pad so a wooden skirt wouldn't do the trick I am afraid.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1145223773
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 08:46:17 am »
gotcha
i was thinking your concrete pad was something like 12ft x 12ft or so.  The wooden skirt i was thinking about was something similar to a single wooden step that surrounded the entire base of tub.  

Pouring more concrete does not sound fun.

My buddy had good success with staining his concrete.  I have no idea what product he used, but a Google search produced these websites:

http://www.kemiko.com/index.htm
http://www.superdeck.com/masonsselect/msgallry.htm
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 09:35:20 am »
Very nice Anne.  I like all the steps. Ive seen landscapers not do as good!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 09:38:46 am »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  :o
I'm amazed by the transformations I've seen on here.....I'm still trying to fine tune ours, and figure out exactly what I want it to look like......this all helps HUGELY.
Congrats, Anne Arctic!
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 10:23:48 am »
Looks great, Anne!  I love the flagstone!  I also LOVE the steps.  Did you get them from your Artic dealer?  I'd love to have a set.
2005 Marquis Epic

anne

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:17 pm »
My tub, as purchased, came with "2 sides" included. I could have two- or three-tiered steps, or steps on one side and a bar and stools on the other. The steps can be narrow or (as mine are) wide and the corner piece my dealer was nice enough to provide as well. I chose the three tiered step because it makes it *so* much easier to get in and out, and I think just happens to look nicer, too.

I see no reason they could not be ordered for any tub. The "long" steps like mine are 70 3/4" long, 11" deep each.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 02:09:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42