What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The pics are here, the pics are here!  (Read 5501 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
The pics are here, the pics are here!
« on: April 16, 2006, 05:42:53 pm »
A f/u to my post on the installation at long last of my motorized retractable screens.
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1144686504;start=13

You may recall my earlier post when my tub arrived. Had the underdeck roof installed, electricity put in and I mounted the last set of speakers for my home audio system over the tub.

Here is the tub area as it looks now. The ceiling fans are in and a few things to make life in the tub more convenient are in place now.

Towel tree and robe hooks with room for guests! A few plants for ambience as well...

Also a little shelf for some of those tub necessities.

A view from afar showing the front edge of the underdeck roof and the downspouts. Also the umbrella on the deck above is up. More on that later.

And of course the screens themselves! The dark housing contains the screen and motor which is operated by a weatherproof remote. Probably can't float it in the tub but it should stand up to wet hands! The remote will operate the screens independently or simultaneously. So now you see it...

And now...

You don't!

From the inside you can see that they are not completely opaque. The side that is darker will tend to be able to see through it better which works well in both the daytime and night as lights in the neighborhood keep the area from ever being really dark. The screens allow the wind to pass through some but they are also tethered on each side by guidewires anchored into the concrete to keep them from sailing. Helps provide shade and privacy during the day.

More to come.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 05:48:56 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

The pics are here, the pics are here!
« on: April 16, 2006, 05:42:53 pm »

tanstaafl2

Re: The pics are here, the pics are here!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 06:13:03 pm »
A few more pics of the backyard. Now that spring has sprung the church which resides behind my house is less obvious. But it is still a problem at night as the place is lit up like a prison camp! I keep waiting for the search lights...

Although it is nice in that hardly anyone is ever there. If I were forced to go to church this one wouldn't be so bad. In by 11, out by noon. No muss, no fuss. They also have activity on Wednesday night but that doesn't seem to last long either. Rest of the time it is pretty abandoned. Guess that is why they need all the danged security lighting.

Despite the lights even in the winter time it is hard to see much unless you really work at it. There is the fence and beyond that a fairly thick hedge. But for those guests who are concerned about tubbing alfresco, the manner that is preferred by management unless they wish to be subjected to scorn and ridicule, there are some additional privacy screens available for the back area. I don't bother with them myself, if people really want to work that hard to look I am happy to give them an astronomy lesson. If they look closely I can show them the sea of tranquility...

You may also recall Buddha Lee from my earlier post. Now that the weather seems stable he once again has some vegetation to enjoy and the rock garden has been raked of its accumulation of winter leaves.

And with spring there is now more opportunity to use the deck again. Unfortunately that also means the bugs and skeeters are back. But the umbrella is very nice in that an insect net can be attached and it is large enough to accomodate the table all the chairs inside. It also has low voltage lighting that can be bright or dim as needed.

And there is still room for folks on the deck to congregate outside the net and to let the cook take care of business! The patio heater (made by Coleman) also has a Coleman lantern style light built in so we plan to leave that out over the summer as well and just use the light.

Now all I have to do is find a nice cover for the plain concrete pad. Still like the concrete layered to look like tile or flagstone. Oh, and finish the bathroom in the basement.

But first I need to rob a bank...

Hope everyone is starting to get warm weather and happy soaking!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:42:53 pm by tanstaafl2 »

anne

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:12:13 am »
Very nice job!
Dance like nobody's watching

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 01:28:42 am »
Looks like you have a great setup and a great backyard oasis.
Where did you get the remote screens and if you dont mind me asking what did they cost, I am looking for somthing like that. I have my tub under our screened in porch above and would like some sort of screen for privacy as well.
Thanks for any info you may have, and again great job.

tanstaafl2

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 11:20:03 am »
Thanks! Kinda wish I had been able to start at the start of winter, not the end but finances dictate what you can do sometimes.

Actually, most of the time...
:-/

Blakley, sent you a message.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:20:22 am by tanstaafl2 »

blakley33

• skin to win...in my tub!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 05:48:07 pm »
Got the message, thanks for the info.
Not sure if I need screens that bad or not. May look for another option.
Those screens are pretty cool though.
Thanks again.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 06:18:31 pm »
Looks very nice. Great job of planning too - you have your speakers, fans and everything.

Good job.

Now get out there and soak away some stress!

;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nickB

• shhh....i'm relaxing
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 06:51:37 pm »
uhhh.... hate to ask butis your disconnect closer then 5'? if so then you have a code violation. sweet set up though. just pray that you don't get inspected ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 08:09:39 pm »
You actually measure from the box to the water, not the side of the tub - looks ok from here.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tanstaafl2

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:54:18 am »
It is indeed almost exactly 5' to the water. 4.5' to the edge. Not that the inspector in my county is likely to show up.

It's not like I have enough money to make a bribe worthwhile.  :o
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:49:02 pm by tanstaafl2 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:54:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42