What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: confused  (Read 4212 times)

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
confused
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:11:33 pm »
While I'm still young in searching for my spa, I seem to be getting confused... and of course, They all look great...  I'm having a hard time trying to decide HOW TO DECIDE.... again, they all look great.  And it would appear from reading this forum, lots of folks are 'very pleased' with their particular company or model.  It seems that it may come down to price (or course, assuming that my 'wet tests' will be comperable).  I suspect, like buying a TV.. when comparing 'side-by side'.. there may be 'a difference'.. but once you get home, as long as you are comfortable with your choice, then its a done deal...

While still tentative in my attempt to make a decision but seem to be leaning towards what seems to be 'good spas' (like Hot Springs and Sundance)..  What can I 'really expect to pay' for either a Capri (sundance) or a jetsetter (jetsetter)...

I know the various dealers 'will be competative' etc.. and they will be comparing 'apples' to oranges' in many cases, The bottom line seems to be 'what I'm comfortable with'..   But I am the kind of person that also likes 'a good deal' and or most likely not pay 1000.00 more for a comfortable hot tub.

Again, What and how do I get the 'best deal' from the choices between a jetsetter or a capri.    Again, It would appear that both companies have 'good products' (bells and whistles, lights, warantees, 'extra's etc.)... How have most of you decided? (does it not really come down to  $$$$???????

Again, Im interested in what people have actually paid for either a jetsetter or capri??????  

Hot Tub Forum

confused
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:11:33 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: confused
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 05:42:09 pm »
Moto Massage - if you like it - might be a consideration?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 08:40:45 pm »
I think the new jetsetter's are selling for $5800-$6300

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:53 am »
J45,
I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat as you. Just when I think I have my mind made up, something holds me back. I, too have it down to HotSprings or Sundance.
All I can tell you is:
1. Make sure you have a good service department that represents the dealer you buy from. You should be able to get a "feel" from them during your search for the tub.
2. Wet test
3. Check the dealers for after-market chemical and filter etc. costs.
4. Follow the advice of the people of this forum. They're very helpful and knowledgable.
5. Warranty (Read between the lines!)
I wish you luck.
Skellman

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:50 am »
Here is how I went about it.  First, from this and Doc's forum I developed a short list of brands that seemed to get consistently favorable reviews.  To help you with that here are a few:  HotSpring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Dimension 1, Marquis (there are others but my mind is not in gear, someone else can add to this short list for you).

Then I went to the yellow pages and found local dealers for them.  Then I visited each dealer to see the product and size up the dealer.

I went home with brochures and after further thought and lurking here a bit, reduced my list to 3 brands that would work for me.  Then I made appointments to wet test each spa on my list.  The wet test is essential because the ergonomics of a spa are very subjective.  If a dealer could not arrange a wet test of the model I was interested in, then that spa was eliminated from consideration.

Any good spa should prove to be reliable, but I am convinced that a good local dealer to back it up is essential.  The perfect spa has not been invented yet, although generally the user will adapt and accompdate to the spa of his or her choice very quickly to derive the most effective hydromessage from it.  The prices for the better spas are generally competitive with each other model for model.  And you can get a reality check here once you have picked the spa and want to buy it for a fair price.  

Regards,

Bill
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:35:05 am by Bill_Stevenson »

DaisyBug08016

• The journey is the reward.
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 12:00:13 pm »
Well - I can tell you that there were two things, in the end, that mattered to us. Let me preface this by saying we knew we wanted a quality tub - so Hot Springs or Master - HydroPool - these sorts of tubs. In the end two things made the difference. One was the great deal we got with a leftover '05 Grandee. We HAD been looking at the envoy but couldn't pass up the deal on the grandee. But what sold us in the end was the dealer. The quality of presentation - the knowledgable staff - our over-all comfort level with the salesrep...

I could have the best tub in the world but if the staff is too high pressure or if I preceive that I have more knowledge of their product than they do - I will never buy there. I need and expect the staff to be friendly so that I know if I need help - any kind of help they will be happy to help me. It is like a family there. VERY important to me.

Anyway - we have a great tub and are very happy - we had to call for a faulty valve thingie of some kind the guy came the next day and fixed it iin 10 minutes...

VERY happy customer!

Bottom line: GO WITH YOUR GUT!!!  You will know the right thing when you see it/feel it. Trust your instincts!

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 12:15:56 pm »
If you stick with HS & Sundance you can't go wrong (both good choices)

However, the Sundance that is closest to a Jetsetter(6'10"x5'2"x29") is the Metro(6'10"x5'2"x30") not the Capri(6'10"x5'9"x30.5")

A Metro should be in the $5500-$6000 range.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 12:19:14 pm »
If you stick with HS & Sundance you can't go wrong (both good choices)

However, the Sundance that is closest to a Jetsetter(6'10"x5'2"x29") is the Metro(6'10"x5'2"x30") not the Capri(6'10"x5'9"x30.5")

A Metro should be in the $5500-$6000 range.
New Jetsetter is actually 5'5 x 7'0 x 29" 225 gal.  It holds more water then both the Capri and Metro. ;)

hymbaw

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 04:00:44 pm »
New Jetsetter is actually 5'5 x 7'0 x 29" 225 gal.  It holds more water then both the Capri and Metro. ;)

They've grown!!! Congrats!!

However, the Capri holds 240 gallons!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 04:04:39 pm »

They've grown!!! Congrats!!

However, the Capri holds 240 gallons!!
Capri Snapshot:

Dimensions:

Water Capacity:

Total Jets:
Seating Capacity:

5'7" x 6'10" x 30.5"
170cm x 208cm x 77cm
215 US gallons
814 liters
2-3 adults

Unless they change it???

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 04:16:24 pm »
Yep, now 5'9"x6'10"x30.5"  
240 gallons

Oh my, how our babies do grow up!!

Pretty soon we won't recognize them! ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 04:31:18 pm »
Yep, now 5'9"x6'10"x30.5"  
240 gallons

Oh my, how our babies do grow up!!

I think the spas are trying to keep up with the "growth" spurt people are going through (see Super Size Me). In other words, McDonalds is most responsible for spas becoming larger. ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:31:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 06:14:08 pm »

I think the spas are trying to keep up with the "growth" spurt people are going through (see Super Size Me). In other words, McDonlads is most responsible for spas becoming larger. ;)

That is disgusting, but I think you are right. USA is now a country with 60% of it's peole over weight, and 30% obese! How scary is that? Sorry, not trying to divert the thread :-/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:14:42 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

hymbaw

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 06:56:52 pm »
I guess that HS and Sundance figured that 5'2" wasn't enough space for 2 large a$$ Americans side by side :o :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 06:56:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42