What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Air Blowers  (Read 2897 times)

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Air Blowers
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:06:42 pm »
which models/manufacturers have air blowers in them?  It seems that some that I looked at do not have blowers.. rather just a 'mixing' valve with the regular jets... I'm talking about a seperate blower that just just pumps air into tiny holes throughout the tub...

Hot Tub Forum

Air Blowers
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:06:42 pm »

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
Re: Air Blowers
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 06:25:06 pm »
which models/manufacturers have air blowers in them?  It seems that some that I looked at do not have blowers.. rather just a 'mixing' valve with the regular jets... I'm talking about a seperate blower that just just pumps air into tiny holes throughout the tub...

Caldera Geneva and Caldera Niagara has air blowers.
I like that kind of massage, it really shakes you loose. :D

anne

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:25:57 pm »
Some Arctics do. Mine does. I like it, but i wish that it could be turned down the way the jets and venturi air can be, because it creates a lot of turbulence. Kinda interesting feel-- good for variety.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 02:52:52 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:45:31 pm »
Sundance 880 series have 'em.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 08:45:05 am »
Blowers and mixing valves are two very different things.
As Hymbaw said, the Sundance 880 series tubs have blowers.  They also have air mix valves for the jet groups.
The blower on the Sundance is used to inerject the fragrance from the aromatherapy beads into the water, as well as giving the spa a really bubbly affect.  It also tends to cool the water just a teecy bit.  When it's really warm out that small shot of seemingly cooler air feels pretty good.  But no massage therapy.

Mixing in air to the massage jets has a tremendous impact on the massage.  No air, gentler massage.  Losta air- higher impact massage.  

I could live without the blower, but Mrs. B. likes it.  

Brewman

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 04:48:28 pm »
My Reflections spa has an option for an air blower that I think is primarily for the fragrance injector. I did not get it. The Vita spa (same manufacturer, DM industries) have a blower as well. I think it is standard in the Vita 700 series.

Mine also have air mixing diverters although it has been a bit problematic as the neck jets that are above water gurgle if the diverter for the neck jets is off and the air diverters are closed. Kind of annoying. Only way to resolve it that I have found is to turn each neck jet off at the jet rather than using the diverter, leaving the diverter in the open position. Then if you close the air mixing diverter it doesn't "gurgle".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:57:00 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 08:20:30 am »
My Hydro Spa Omni has an air blower and separate air mixing controls for each seat.  I really like leaning back and letting the air bubbles roll up my back.  The blower is also good for cooling you off during long soaks.  My wife could care less about the blower.  About one quarter of the people who use our tub don’t like the air blower because it jiggles their butt.  My blower is also used for aromatherapy, which I think is better then adding extra chemicals to the water.  It doesn’t make much difference to me as I can barely smell anything with my allergies anyway.  

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:33:27 am »
I'm surprised your wife doesn't like it... I've heard and know from a number of females that have been in my old tub that they 'REALLY LIKE" the air bubbler... I guess it all depends on WHERE you position yourself on the blower.... yes it would 'jiggle the butt'  OR it could be VERY sensual if positioned 'elsewhere'... hehe  But not being a female, I wouldn't know of such things... LOL

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:00:14 am »
Josh, In your other thread you seem to indicate that you have narrowed it down to either HS or SD.  If that is the case then Sundance is the only of those 2 that does the blower.

If you are still looking at others, L.A. Spas offers a heated air blower and builds a quality spa with many choices for you to pick the features you want.

Good Luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

nickB

• shhh....i'm relaxing
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »
the Catalina XL 26000 has blowers not sure about the rest of the lines. you probly won't hear much about Catalina in here but i seem to like them, a bit pricey but nice. they are the best that are sold in Nashville theat i have shopped for. but i want an 8' tub (party tub). i just wish that the sound system was optional. happy hunting

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42