What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2003 Dimension One wet test  (Read 3475 times)

fatman

2003 Dimension One wet test
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:32:48 pm »
A hot tub repair tech I know called me and said he just took in a used 2003 D1 Chairman and wondered if I would be interested. I jumped at the chance because I know D1 makes a top notch hot tub and he was asking $5k for it. I went to his shop first just to check it out and see just how "used" it was. Low and behold it was in good shape. Shell, cabinets, motor compartment and cover all looked good. All jets, diverter valves, motors and pumps all functioned as they should. I scheduled time for an hour long wet test. The repair tech was great to my wife and I as he allowed total privacy and time to decide. We showed up for the test, our first wet test by the way. First thing we learned is that my wife is a lounge floater. Especially with the pump running on high speed she could not stay seated in the lounge. Low speed worked out much better. Neither one of us had long enough legs to make any use of the two foot jets at the end of the lounge. That was a major drawback considering those two jets are the only ones designated for foot therapy. The Chairman has a volcano jet in the footwell. We found this to be more for show than for actual theraputic use. If we maneuvered ourselves enough in the bucket seats we could use it for our feet but it wasn't worth the effort and certainly not relaxing to do. Right then we decided that we would seldom use the volcano jet. The bucket seats were all useful for both of us and we found the location and size of these jets to be well thought out. Kudos to D1 for the bucket seats. The adjustable head rests were a bonus but the neck jets were, for the most part, useless to us. Even though we took a full hour to wet test, the neck jets did nothing for us and on high speed they tend to splash water over the edge of the tub. Of course, it depends on how they are aimed.  We finished the wet test pretty much knowing that we would not be buying this hot tub but we talked it over at home and decided that even though it's a good tub at a decent price it just was not the one for us. Since a hot tub is a luxury item and we will be spending thousands of dollars on one, we need to be able to make full use of every seat and every jet and the D1 Chairman did not allow us to do that.

Hot Tub Forum

2003 Dimension One wet test
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:32:48 pm »

anne

Re: 2003 Dimension One wet test
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 10:09:50 pm »
Sounds like you are shopping/researching with the right proportion of logic and feeling. Good luck!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:36:02 am »
As far as floating out of the loungers, I understand that's not uncommon...Personally, I tend to float out of ANY seat (buckets included) if I'm neck deep in water.....just naturally bouyant, I guess. ;)  Best of luck to you on your quest for the 'perfect' hot tub for your purposes! Sounds like you really thought through on this one, I'm sure you won't settle for anything less than a GREAT tub for you and your wife!
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:54 am »
What a good post. That's great that you wet tested and really could see and feel what you liked and didn't like.   I hope you find the right tub that fits you.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:35:06 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:54 am »
I agree.  Very good post.  Your conclusions sounded logical.  Keep it up, you'll eventually find your spa.  Keep us posted.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:49:53 am »
Agree with Kyle and the rest.  You will find this process (tub buying) a lot more tedious then you can imagine.

If anybody tells you different, they've been sniffin to much ozone.

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:49:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42