What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast XL 1100  (Read 13034 times)

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Gulf Coast XL 1100
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:48:14 am »
The Gulf Coast is an awesome tub at much less cost. I tested artesian, hot springs, D1, Artic, and royal and for the money Gulf Coast is the Best Deal.  Don't let these dealers blanket all low cost tubs as being cheaply built and unreliable.  Do your homework.  Check out their website their for real.  My XL1100 cost 5395 for the full package.  The Artesian dealer was trying to rake me for 11800 for the piper without the sound.  The  Hot Springs sales person was so fake He could'nt get off the company's talking points. I can't believe their training sales people like that.  My advice educate yourself.  However if your win the lottery and don't care about getting raked go with the piper glen.

Hot Tub Forum

Gulf Coast XL 1100
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:48:14 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Gulf Coast XL 1100
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 08:02:33 am »
are you kidding me.  you are getting a great deal because thats what the tub is worth.  You cant even put it in the same class as the tubs you have mentioned.

Oh yeah, no store front with gulf coast.  When, not if, but when that tub breaks down let me know how great the warranty covered you and the real costs you spent in repair and the ease and comfort of your service team.  Read the posts and listen to the nightmares.

The only raking that I see here is you.  Maybe when that tub crashes you will realize that it would have been worth it to purchase a quality product rather than a gulf coast.  

Next time you want to advertise for the company try not to make it look so obvious.

fatman

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:07:04 am »
The Gulf Coast is an awesome tub at much less cost. I tested artesian, hot springs, D1, Artic, and royal and for the money Gulf Coast is the Best Deal.  Don't let these dealers blanket all low cost tubs as being cheaply built and unreliable.  Do your homework.  Check out their website their for real.  My XL1100 cost 5395 for the full package.  The Artesian dealer was trying to rake me for 11800 for the piper without the sound.  The  Hot Springs sales person was so fake He could'nt get off the company's talking points. I can't believe their training sales people like that.  My advice educate yourself.  However if your win the lottery and don't care about getting raked go with the piper glen.

This is an obvious sales pitch. Please go away.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 09:23:29 am »
Glad you like your tub, but what you compared it to is ridiculous.   You got a $5900 tub that hopefully will give you a great value for the money.

But please....

You got this:

And are trying to compare it to this:

And don't get me wrong, for the $  Hyundai make a decent car.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:34:20 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 12:46:52 pm »
Honey, there's a salesman at the door!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:28:31 pm »
I don’t think dswslp is a dealer, unless he has spent the last several months misdirecting people to the fact that he is.  However, the replies to his post are unfortunately so typical of this board.  God forbid someone mentions a low cost brand.  I’m sure this board is full of people like me who would not dare mention what brand they own.  We know the post will be hijacked by all the dealers and proud owners of higher cost spas, who just know that our spa will most definitely break down, catch fire, or explode within two weeks of delivery.  Am I wrong?  
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:49:31 pm by uncommonlytasty »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »
ÊThe ÊHot Springs sales person was so fake He could'nt get off the company's talking points. I can't believe their training sales people like that. Ê

Actually, there are no talking points.  How many Hot Spring salespeople did you talk to to arrive at your conclusion.

There are, in fact, different products for different folks.  I am sure you got a grreat deal.  Whether or not you will be happy with it over time, only time can tell.  You are, in fact, comparing apples to bananas.  Enjoy.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 01:36:53 pm »
I don’t think dswslp is a dealer, unless he has spent the last several months misdirecting people to the fact that he is.  However, the replies to his post are unfortunately so typical of this board.  God forbid someone mentions a low cost brand.  I’m sure this board is full of people like me who would not dare mention what brand they own.  We know the post will be hijacked by all the dealers and snotty owners of higher cost spas, who just know that our spa will most definitely break down, catch fire, or explode within two weeks of delivery.  Am I wrong?  

I disagree.  I Think if you own a $5000 spa and tell someone who has a 11,000 spa of know quality that they got "raked"  you kind of bring it on yourself, no?

Now an intelligent conversation on options and features for price paid, would be iteresting. But you have to admit,  Dswslp post had a touch of attitude?   If you feel diferently about the spas discussed,  I'd like to hear what you have to offfer, rather than insult the folks that did post.

In my post, I specifically chose those two cars for my analogy, because you could make an argument for quality, style and features on each side, and for price vs value. Unforutnately no one bit.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:41:38 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:47:37 pm »
Drewstar, i completely agree with you.  I don’t think you your post was a slam, and you made a great point. And yes, you can not compare a $5,000 spa to a $10,000 spa.  I just don’t like the fact that whenever someone even mentions a low cost brand, the thread gets taken over by people with nothing but negative things to say.  I see it happen every time.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:55:09 pm »
Drewstar, i completely agree with you.  I don’t think you your post was a slam, and you made a great point. And yes, you can not compare a $5,000 spa to a $10,000 spa.  I just don’t like the fact that whenever someone even mentions a low cost brand, the thread gets taken over by people with nothing but negative things to say.  I see it happen every time.

I agree to a point.  I wish many of the folks who had a lower priced spa would contribute.  (And I think I don't have a high end spa.  I think I got top quality for the price paid, but I'm under no illusions that Iam soaking in a Lexus....more like a  Honda Accord)

I'd like folks  with a lower priced spa to contribute more. What they like and don't like about it and what (if any) problems they have.  You bought a used Thermo spa...now many of the folks here trash them for the sales tatics, but very few folks have sad negative things here about the actual quality of the spa. Your experiecne is invaluable, as dollars to donuts,  every few months, someone comes in and asks about em. I hope you stick around.  8)

Now one could scroll down to the Freeflow spa topic and there's no bashing there.  Not alot of discussion, as I don't think many folks now about them.

YOu also have to keep in mind,  In the year I've been here, every once in a while a salesman will come in here bragging about a lower end spa, and they usually don't represent themselves very well.  They end up sounding like an informercial with no real dialogue going on.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:38:55 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:55:45 pm »
This is an obvious sales pitch. Please go away.

I'm watching for that kind of thing and I checked his post history and he appears to me to be an enthusiastic consumer just excited to spread the word. Even to the point of starting its own thread.  I'm always watching, or one of my spies are!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:06:46 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 02:05:05 pm »
 I’m sure this board is full of people like me who would not dare mention what brand they own.   Am I wrong?  

Yes, in that you might get predictable responses (Hey this is the internet remember?) Not Dare? The last I checked nobody has been harmed by writing or reading anything here.  The only way to combat the responses is to still be here a year from now. Don't be afraid to say anything meant in good spirits, and sometimes even I say something out of line (No Chas, examples are not needed)  In the last two years I have worked harder on stopping thread Hijacking than about anything else.  That is why the Dead Horse category was created.  There is limited freedom of speech here and I can't stop people from arguing, but I can make them behave like adults.  If you go to a party and say Liberals are ruining this country, you can expect confrontation.   The message in question did go a littler further than, "Wow, I love my Gulf Coast"  It went the extra step to say Artesian and Hot Springs.  That will make many of the dealers, and non-dealers here a little suspicious, and for good reason. In my short time on Hot tub forums, I've seen a lot of adults behave in childish ways pretending to be something they are not.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:11:40 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

RPG

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 02:09:29 pm »
In my short time on Hot tub forums, I've seen a lot of adults behave in childish ways pretending to be something they are not.

I've seen the same thing and am abhorred at such behavior.  Thank you for making this such a wonderful forum and for weeding out the riff-raff. :)

Chaka Pakuni

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 02:13:56 pm »
I've seen the same thing and am abhorred at such behavior.  Thank you for making this such a wonderful forum and for weeding out the riff-raff. :)

Chaka Pakuni

Nice pic.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 09:53:31 pm »
I just helped a person that purchased a gulf coast.  he has had it one week and the water is green and slimmy.

When he called the person that sold it to him, they rudely said, "I told you that when you picked it up (from my storage unit), we were done and if you needed any help, don't call me!"

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 09:53:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42