What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jets coming out  (Read 2887 times)

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
jets coming out
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:36 pm »
We have an Arctic spa.  The little plastic jets occasionally come out.  If we put them back in, sometimes they don't stay.  So we bring the jet into the dealer and he gives us a new one.

This keeps happening to diferent jets.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a permanent fix?  We're getting kind of tired of it.

Thanks,

Astrid.

Hot Tub Forum

jets coming out
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:36 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

anne

Re: jets coming out
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:34:14 pm »
Perhaps this thread is of help?

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1141524418;start=3

Took the words right out of my mouth. I have had the same problem, but absolutely no problem getting new ones from my dealer. Just hope that it is true that the '06 ones will not have the same problem.
Dance like nobody's watching

TubsAndCues

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:25:23 am »
We have an Arctic spa.  The little plastic jets occasionally come out.  If we put them back in, sometimes they don't stay.  So we bring the jet into the dealer and he gives us a new one.

This keeps happening to diferent jets.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a permanent fix?  We're getting kind of tired of it.

Thanks,

Astrid.

I've seen this quite a bit on some of my customers that have Coast and Dynasty spas.  I've had the occasional Hot Spring/Tiger River customer with the problem too, but the design on those jets are completely different.  80% of the time it seems like it's due to poor water chemistry.  More often than not it's due to not using a stain and scale product or letting the tub become very acidic.  

I don't know if that helps, but an easy way to figure it out is look at the difference between a new jet and one that keeps falling out.  Is there a chalky build up on it like scale formation?  Or is the plastic becoming brittle?  Both are signs the water needs more attention.

good luck and I hope the only jet problem you have in the future is not enough time to sit in front of them!  

;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 12:48:05 pm »

I've seen this quite a bit on some of my customers that have Coast and Dynasty spas.    

;)

That was certainly the case with my Dynasty 3 years ago.  On those waterways jets it seems to be a break in thing. I found taking the jets in and out, over and over again, along with a process I called a "soft deburring" helped.  I took the worst offenders and ran a "scouring pad" from the kitchen over the where the jet and body fit together and this stopped the few jets from falling out.  And by scouring pad, I don't mean steel wool, but a type of scrubbing pad you would use on a teflon pan.  After the first could of days, there was no problem keeping them in.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 12:56:45 pm »
I did not consider that it could be a water chemisty issue. I have only had my tub a few weeks, and this was a problem even when it was sitting on the showroom floor. (It was a year-old floor model when I purchased.) I assumed that it was an '05 problem fixed in '06, based on what i read here and what my dealer said. They went from one little tab to two on the jet face. I guess we'll see what happens as I replace jets. If my dealer had bad water, then I'm in trouble. :-/ There is no build up visible anywhere, but the little tabs break and bend.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 12:56:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42