What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Got me worried  (Read 8291 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Got me worried
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:59:09 pm »
Friends,

I've been reading the posts on moving a tub.
I can save $200.00 if I pick up the tub myself. The dealer is about 30-40 miles away. From what I'm reading, that is not recommended. :-/
I'm already over budget and every bit of savings helps.
Your thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Got me worried
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:59:09 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Got me worried
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:03:06 pm »
Friends,

I've been reading the posts on moving a tub.
I can save $200.00 if I pick up the tub myself. The dealer is about 30-40 miles away. From what I'm reading, that is not recommended. :-/
I'm already over budget and every bit of savings helps.
Your thoughts?

Not for a $200 savings, bad idea IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 02:04:39 pm »

Not for a $200 savings, bad idea IMO.
I 2nd that notion.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 02:11:48 pm »
Not worth it.  You just spend $7 large on a tub and are going move it yourself?

The risk alone isn't worth it.

Plus, it aint as easy as you'd think.  

don't cheap out now.   ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 02:12:56 pm »
Danger Will Robinson Danger !!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 02:13:38 pm »
If it falls off the dealer's trailer, he goes back and gets you another one.  If it falls off your trailer, you go back and pick up all the pieces and go home.  ( and explain to your wife..... )   I would stick to picking up the dry cleaning and movie rentals.
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 02:16:49 pm »
If it falls off the dealer's trailer, he goes back and gets you another one.  If it falls off your trailer, you go back and pick up all the pieces and go home.  ( and explain to your wife..... )   I would stick to picking up the dry cleaning and movie rentals.

Oooh, I like the way you put that.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

anne

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 02:17:32 pm »
Dont do it. I cannot imagine the stress and effort being worth the money. Problem with delivery if dealer handles it= his/her problem. Problem with delivery if you handle it=your problem. $200 is less than 3% of 7000. That is a good insurance policy.
Dance like nobody's watching

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:17:19 pm »
And what if one of your buddies gets hurt while moving the tub?  You'd probably have to file a claim against your homeowner's insurance but what's that going to do to your rates?  And will he/she still be a friend afterward?  I think the $200 is worth it.

Jim

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 03:52:25 pm »
I just moved one a week ago, and I wouldn't recommend it, the $200 is well worth it and I would have jumped at it for that price.  The quotes I got in my area were all $400 which was too much IMO so I did it myself.  The actual move itself wasn't awful but definitely wasn't easy, and add to that all the stress of organizing people to help you at a certain time, finding a truck, stressing out the whole time about damage to the tub or someone getting hurt, etc., it's not worth $200, especially for that distance (my move was only 4.5 miles and still stressed me out).

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 03:56:31 pm »
Assuming your married, tell your wife that you paid $200 more than you did, but that you negotiated free delivery.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 04:27:52 pm »
I personally would go for it.  The other posts really have a good argument against it though. I picked mine up about 60 miles away just so a could have it over New Years and I didn't save a dime. All went fine for me, but then I am kind of an impatient sort of person. Once again there is alot of good reasons stated here not to do it.

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 04:32:59 pm »
Just what I needed.......another road block.
However, I do agree with ya'll. I should have it delivered.
I do have a trailer that is more than adequate to handle the hot tub. My brother uses it to haul his Allis-Chalmers tractor to shows. The trailer can literally be backed up to the slab. I also have plenty of neighbors to help. Of course I won't be supplying them with Shiner Bock. Just Miller Lite.
But, I think discretion is the better part of valor. Or, in my case...... frugalness.
I'll talk with my salesman. Perhaps we can work something out.
Thank you again everyone!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 04:43:34 pm »
Just what I needed.......another road block.
However, I do agree with ya'll. I should have it delivered.
I do have a trailer that is more than adequate to handle the hot tub. My brother uses it to haul his Allis-Chalmers tractor to shows. The trailer can literally be backed up to the slab. I also have plenty of neighbors to help. Of course I won't be supplying them with Shiner Bock. Just Miller Lite.
But, I think discretion is the better part of valor. Or, in my case...... frugalness.
I'll talk with my salesman. Perhaps we can work something out.
Thank you again everyone!

If you can get the dealer to load it flat on your trailer and all you have to do is drive it right up to the slab and unlaod it that easily then that's a lot different. I'm still not sure I'd do that to save $200 but if its that easy of a delivery (most are certainly more difficult) then it's really up to you.

BTW, what spa are you getting?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 04:45:56 pm »
You'll probably spend $30.00- $40.00 in fuel to trailer the spa back 40 miles after driving 40 miles to pick it up as well.  Actuall savings = $160.00.  Worth it??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 04:45:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42