What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving and Storage  (Read 2490 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Moving and Storage
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:03:20 am »
Hi All,

We are going to be moving to a new house and we're bringing our Optima with us.  The new house does not yet have a home for the spa so we're going to have to store it for a few months until I can get a new deck/patio built.  

I have spoke to the local Sundance dealer and they told me that they will move it for me to the new house for $400-$450.  Do you think that is a reasonalble number?  Or should I be calling around to some of the other spa places to get other quotes?  The movers we're going to use said they would move it for $300 or so but I don't think they move too many of them and I'd rather have someone who does this all the time move it.

I also asked the Sundance guy about storing the spa in my garage until the new deck is built.  I'd like to store it on it's side at the back of the garage so I can still get both vehicles in there.  He said that was fine and will not void the warranty.  I just wanted to double check with some of you folks that are either dealers or technicians to see if that truly is ok.  I figure it'll be sitting on it's side in the garage for about 3-4 months.  It'll probably take me the that long to get settled and have a new home for the spa built.

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Moving and Storage
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:03:20 am »

shabba34

Re: Moving and Storage
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 11:07:41 am »
We charge $400.00 for a spa move within 50 miles of our store if that helps.  Storing the spa on end is fine.  I would just make sure not to store it on the door side.  Good luck with the move. ;)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:28:17 am »
We charge $400.00 for a spa move within 50 miles of our store if that helps.  Storing the spa on end is fine.  I would just make sure not to store it on the door side.  Good luck with the move. ;)

We're moving about 20 miles so it sounds like their price is fair.  As for not storing on the 'door' side, do you mean the side that has access to the control panel?  The panels come off all sides so there's no real 'door'.

shabba34

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:30:29 am »
Where all your components are located. ;)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:56:27 am »
I have spoke to the local Sundance dealer and they told me that they will move it for me to the new house for $400-$450.  Do you think that is a reasonalble number?  Or should I be calling around to some of the other spa places to get other quotes?  The movers we're going to use said they would move it for $300 or so but I don't think they move too many of them and I'd rather have someone who does this all the time move it.

Good plan, IMO....pay a little more up front to the people that do this (handle spas) for a living....That's why you're hiring household movers for the rest of the stuff. ;)
Best of luck!
RIP C-Rod

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:36 pm »
Movers crack panels and get the blowers wet which would not be covered under a warranty.

The price is reasonable and the service is worth the money.  There is only ONE WAY to store your spa on edge and that is the FILTER SIDE DOWN.  This will put the Blower Motor into the air ar at the top of the spa.  If you put the blower on the botton, water will get back to the blower and you DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 02:52:41 pm »
Hi Bulmer4NC:

I used a local moving company for my move without incident, about $300. I also purchased a "moving insurance" plan for the 1 day 24 mile move at $70. It provided a $10,000 payoff if the tub was "dropped, damaged or otherwise rendered unusable."

I tried using a local spa dealer to move it, but because my dealer (Artesian) went out of business 2 years earlier, the only dealers around were other brands. The earliest availability was 45+ days, one even told me 90+ days. Pricing was comparable.

The moving company I used had next day availability, showed up with 3 guys and moved the spa bottom down, never standing it up. They did such a good job I even tipped the crew (which is usually NOT something I do in this type situation).

My experience, for what it's worth....

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 04:26:00 pm »
There is only ONE WAY to store your spa on edge and that is the FILTER SIDE DOWN.  This will put the Blower Motor into the air ar at the top of the spa.  If you put the blower on the botton, water will get back to the blower and you DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

This is good to know.  Thanks.

Gair

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:44:39 pm »
My dealer give you one free move if you move to a new house.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:44:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42