What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Misaligned Diverter Valve Question???  (Read 2549 times)

Anoroc

Misaligned Diverter Valve Question???
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:05:41 pm »
Does anyone know how to correct a misaligned Diverter valve?

Situation:  I started by having a problem with the small diverter valve on the Jetsetter that controls the foot jet.  The service people recently replaced it but it does not work as before.  It should shut off the pressure when I move it to one direction and increase pressure when I move it the opposite way.  Right now, it only shuts off in the middle

The service person also decided he would do me a favor and lubricate the major diverter valve.  Now that one is also misaligned.

I called and they now need to replace the major diverter valve.  It took them three weeks to come out and work on my tub the last time.

If anyone can give me advice on how to fix this or a resource I can look up I would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Misaligned Diverter Valve Question???
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:05:41 pm »

J._McD

Re: Misaligned Diverter Valve Question???
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 01:50:01 pm »
Turn the power off and open them up to see IF you can realign them.  I know most others will only go in oneway and the handles is the only thing you can adjust.  Maybe Chas or TX can give you some insight.  Doesn't seem like it should be a major issue, unless it is user unfriendly requiring the serviceman to come back.  If that is the case they should be there right away to correct it.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 03:34:42 pm »
Without knowing the brand of tub, and who made the diverter valve itself, I am at a bit of a loss, but I will hazard a guess -

Is it possible the handles simply need to be lifted off and put back on aiming a different way?

???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 05:20:09 pm »
Chas probably nailed it.  I never get the handle back on correctly when I pull my diverter valves and replace them.  Just remove the handle and put it in the proper orientation.  Turn from side to side with that pump running and see if things now work correctly.  
If you can't get it right, ask the tech to come back (on their dime) and fix their mistake.   I'd think they would check for that stuff before leaving the job.

Brewman

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 05:23:17 pm »
I will try- Chas, its a HS jetsetter.

The service man screwed around with it for awhile trying to get it fixed and than just left.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 09:48:41 am »
I have been having a similar problem with the valve that turns on my MotoMessage.  The service guy was out last week and he said that HS has changed the design of the valve 3 times that he knows of in the past year to year and a half.  He said that he knows HS is working on it when he sees this type of thing and that they will get it right.

Bill
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:39:01 am by Bill_Stevenson »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 10:02:39 pm »
Most of what you're referring to is the air control. We've had to replace a few on 2004+. It's been fairly rare, but there's an interior diaphram that will sometimes block the air intake portion of the air control valve. It's a fairly easy fix.
If the air control is actually a handle, it can fit on a few diferent ways, in that case, the valve is adjusted correctly before securing the handle portion.
Serial number?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Anoroc

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:44:45 pm »
hottubman- it was an interior rubber diaphram.  I think I have it adjusted now.  The main diverter valve I couldn't figure out.  I removed the handle and a plastic cover but I couldn't figure out how to get beyond this point.

Sort of nervous about breaking something and then having my local service guy tell me its not covered because it's my fault.

I guess I will wait another three weeks :-/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:45:21 pm by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:44:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42