What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J480 spa  (Read 3286 times)

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
J480 spa
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:16 pm »
I have been reading the forum while I wait for our new spa to arrive. Everyone has made great progress on their projects. My wife and I have been doing alot of backyard gardening, things have really come around out in the yard. Good news is the spa dealer is delivering our spa Friday but electrical hook-up is delayed for possibly 2 weeks. The electrician has a large backlog of work due too hurricane damage. We live about 25 miles on the west side of where Hurricane Katrina passed and really faired well. My neighbor home was damaged badly.  It was closer than I ever want to get again. We had lost our above ground swimming pool so my wife came up with the spa for back yard entertainment and relaxing. T-lady your Spa looks great I looked at one in a showroom in Baton Rouge Louisiana the Hot Springs Spas are nice. If we can't get the electrical as expected my wife has more gardening lined up. That girl can buy plants and flowers 24/7!

Hot Tub Forum

J480 spa
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:41:16 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: J480 spa
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 10:32:54 am »
Umm, not to be a smart a$$ or anything, but I think you need to move.

We live about 25 miles on the west side of where Hurricane Katrina passed and really faired well. My neighbor home was damaged badly.  It was closer than I ever want to get again.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 10:06:37 pm »
Thats a possibility! I work south of where I live in a town named after the pirate Jean Lafitte. Down there is 0 protection. When Hurricane Rita went ashore on the Texas Louisiana state line a co-worker had above 5 feet of water in his yard. His house is built on pilings. We do have the best levee protection in our area and I have lived here all my life 47 years. So to stay in the same type of work I have done since 1977 I would have at the minimum a 3 to 4 hour commute a day. But we have discussed it and we may do it in the future. When the spa movers come tommorrow thats the first question for him. How much to move the spa to another location. :o

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 08:46:31 am »
thanks, Kim, we've really LOVED it so far.....and found the deck building, start of landscaping and other annoyances well worth the feel of slipping into the hot water in our back yard. :)
Best of luck to you in finding YOUR bit of spatopia!
RIP C-Rod

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:56:30 pm »
T-Lady I am at the moment waiting the arrival of the spa. It should be here within the hour. Our yard has been a great place for us. My daughter became a Red Cross Life Guard from all of the swimming she has done in her life. She is in college now and lifeguards during the swim season. When I get a chance I will get her to take some pictures to post.

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 09:09:56 am »
We have the new spa in place now the electrical needs to be done. It is really big. The shell is desert sand color with silverwood sides. I did have a problem! The cover won't fold over in half due to it hits the overhead on the patio its about 2 inches to long. So we left the cover handler off and I will be building a rack to put the cover on. If it works out like I imagine I would not have to worry about the seam on the cover at least. Just added a new project to the weekend!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 09:29:40 am »
*LOL*  Kim, my first response to the tub sitting there in place was "holy CRAP that thing's huge....."
Good luck on coming up with an alternate for the cover, I'm sure that given time, a little creativity and some will you'll be FINE!
Congratulations!
RIP C-Rod

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 09:42:52 am »
I built the steps, they came out really well. I have a real good idea of what I want and there is nothing like doing a project you like so the enjoyment factor is way up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 09:42:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42