What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Natures2 ?  (Read 5398 times)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Natures2 ?
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »
The guy I am purchasing my spa from speaks highly of something called "Natures2"?

Anybody know anything about it?

Is it something new or something that works good?

Thanks for any advise.

Hot Tub Forum

Natures2 ?
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »

Anoroc

Re: Natures2 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:27:22 pm »
Zep, hit the search button type in Nature 2 and increase the number of days to search back to 60 or 90 days or so and you will find lots of information.

Many on this forum use it and seem to feel that it is an additional source to help maintain quality water.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 09:56:43 pm »
The guy I am purchasing my spa from speaks highly of something called "Natures2"?

Anybody know anything about it?

Is it something new or something that works good?

Thanks for any advise.

Works great WITH a chlorine used for sanitizing.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:24:22 am »
also referred to as "N2".....I've read that many on this forum have used it as part of a 3 step program with great success.
Chlorine
Ozone
N2
RIP C-Rod

nicker

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 09:29:04 am »
from what I hear they do work great, clearer, cleaner water with using less chemicles.

Only problem if you live in Canada you can't get them.  You can get them for a swimming pool but not a tub.

Some say you save $$$ by using less chemcals.  I argue that one.  The money these cartriges cost make up for what you save.  So all and all you proabably are about even how ever your water will be better.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:36:02 am »
I used one for a few months and felt it did nothing.

since they are about $25 a pop, you could "shoot the moon"  ;D and go for it, and see for yourself.  Try it with and without it.  I'd be interested in hearing your experiences.    

(Remember to remove the N2 after 3 months....Chas has posted here about older units having a potential to  break open and ruining the pumps).
07 Caldera Geneva

Anoroc

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:02:17 pm »
Hey Drewster- can you refresh my  memory...do you have an ozonater?

I was just wondering if the N2's work best if used with an ozonater.  At this point I do not use either but I am about to buy an ozonater.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 12:27:49 pm »
Hey Drewster- can you refresh my  memory...do you have an ozonater?

I was just wondering if the N2's work best if used with an ozonater.  At this point I do not use either but I am about to buy an ozonater.

Yes, I have an ozinator, and a 24 hr circ pump.

I like my ozinator....ALOT.  

When my tub got fat fingered into summer mode, it is my understanding the circ pump and ozinator go into sleeep mode....the water quality dropped drasticly.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:28:31 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

turbidea

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 09:57:47 pm »
I live in Canada and I buy Nature2 through Ebay. I get them at a reasonable price.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 10:22:43 pm »
I'm with drewstar on this.

My dealer threw one in and during one of my many water changes I gave it a try. I had it in the tub for about a month and it didn't do anything for me.

I hit the tub with 3 PPM after getting out which is 6x the amount N2 recommended and the water didn't behave any differently than when I didn't use it. Some people say that their water feels different, again I witnessed nothing.

Spending $15 or $25 buys a lot of chlorine and or bromine - way more than a 3 month N2 stick. I say spend the money on chlorine, dose to 3 PPM, if you don't use the tub for a couple of days - hit the tub with at least 1.5 PPM. If you dose after you get out, you'll be soaking in close to 0 chlorine anyway - exactly what N2 claims.

Funny thing is it seems EVERYTHING that people use in their tub is subjective. What may work for me, might not work for the next person and vice versa.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:23:16 pm by Vinny »

Kim_zr7f2

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 06:26:55 am »
I am going to get nature2 this weekend. The dealer seems to believe in its value for clearer water and less chemical use. He uses it in his parents spa too save himself some time.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 09:43:18 am »
I am going to get nature2 this weekend. The dealer seems to believe in its value for clearer water and less chemical use. He uses it in his parents spa too save himself some time.

Thats great Kim.
 Follow the instructions and try to pay attention to the water quality.  Esp  the "unqualifable" ones such as :  
Significantly improves look & feel of water
and
Simplifies water balance

as well as what you dose and santize your water.

After 3 months, I then would really think it would be great to take it out,  and compare it again.

As I reported, I didn't see a difference, but yet you can't ignore the folks who claim they are seeing a positive difference.   I'd like to get more opinions.

I wonder if some folks water has a certain quality to it that benifits more from this,  or if it's all power of sugestion?  
07 Caldera Geneva

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 04:08:30 pm »
My Envoy came with the N2 cartridge and I have to say that it definitely works well for me.  Toward the end of the fill cycle, which for me is about every 60 days, the water is starting to hold bubbles on the surface, whereas, with a new N2 cartridge this does not occur.  I should explain that I travel for my work and the tub does not get used when I am on the road.  The bubbles form in spite of ozone, and with dichlor being added in my absence by a friend.  Also, as an experiment, I tried leaving the N2 cartridge out of mine deliberately after a water change and those little bubbles started forming even with fresh water.  These bubbles don't form if the spa is used daily, just when it goes without being used for several days.  So N2 is definitely a plus as far as I am concerned.

Bill

anne

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:02:25 pm »
I'm on my first water fill, and am just doing Chlorine and ozone. I bought an N2 cartridge, but my plan for now is to hold off using it for now, especially since this water might not make it 3-4 months, being my first time. I'll pay attention to the "feel" and clarity, and spend this tub fill getting used to ozone and Chlorine. On my next fill, hopefully I'll have the current chems under control, and I'll add N2, and let youy know how it goes!

As an aside, I had my tub for 1 week without ozone, then got it installed and spent the last week with ozone. I have not been at this long enough to say what difference it makes, but the fresh smell is very nice and distinctive.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 05:02:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42