What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water TDS  (Read 4553 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Water TDS
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:02:22 am »
Do any of you test the TDS level iof your water? I was wondering if you change water if the water hits a level where its saturated. I tested mine and its at 600 total dissolved solids

Hot Tub Forum

Water TDS
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:02:22 am »

Micah

Re: Water TDS
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:05:46 am »
we tell our customers to change their water when the T.D.S. gets above 1250. I usualy hear that you can go up to about 1500
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 09:57:13 am »
Do any of you test the TDS level iof your water? I was wondering if you change water if the water hits a level where its saturated. I tested mine and its at 600 total dissolved solids

How did you test it? I Assume at the dealers? Or is there another way?

How does your water "look"? We were talking about this the other day, and several of us noticed the water did not clear as quickly and had an effervescent quality to it (small fizzy bubles for a few seconds after the pumps were turned off).
07 Caldera Geneva

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 10:11:25 am »
Drewster,

" How does your water "look"? We were talking about this the other day, and several of us noticed the water did not clear as quickly and had an effervescent quality to it (small fizzy bubles for a few seconds after the pumps were turned off)."

You write well.  I notice the same thing and when this happens the water needs to be changed as far as I am concerned.  I have taken water samples to the chem shop and they test for TDS upon request.  In general my TDS is low at change time; ~ 300 to 500.

Regards,

Bill

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 10:14:48 am »
Drewster,

" How does your water "look"? We were talking about this the other day, and several of us noticed the water did not clear as quickly and had an effervescent quality to it (small fizzy bubles for a few seconds after the pumps were turned off)."

You write well.

Thanks.  I think. Usually I leave entire words out and my spelling makes me look like a drunken 3rd grader.   And then there are the times  when I innocently speak my mind and end up insulting someone.  
::)  I'll take your copliment and shut up.   ;D ;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 11:26:14 am »
Galen,
TDS is a concern if it gets to high (1200 & up) You're at 600 so don't worry about it. From my experience ,f you change your water 3 or so times per year you'll never have an issue with TDS(unless you fill through a water softener)
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:44:21 pm »
we usually go with 1200-1500, then dump.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 03:11:32 pm »
we usually go with 1200-1500, then dump.

Max should be 1500 ppm over and above your startup TDS.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:19:52 pm »
Thanks  for the replies guys. Drewstar, what you described is what my water looks and  acts like. As far as checking water for TDS, I have car washes and check my reverse osmoses water every week. You know, spot free water. Its a very good tester.  I produce r.o. water that is below 10 ppm. My tap water from the city is 165ppm. And drewstar, there is know one worse than me spelling.   BTW I have this little program that is called ie spell. I downloaded it free from some site. It works with IE windows browser. When you are on a forum and want to check spelling just click the spelling check button at the top of your browser and it checks everything you type. A must for me. PM me and I'll send you the file
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:26:48 pm by galen »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 03:23:15 pm »
Thanks  for the replies guys. Drewstar, what you described is what my water looks and  acts like. As far as checking water for TDS, I have car washes and check my reverse osmoses water every week. You know, spot free water. Its a very good tester.  I produce r.o. water that is below 10 ppm. My tap water from the city is 165ppm. And drewstar, there is know one worse than me spelling.

I think with a little experince anyone can quickly tell it's time to dump, not treat.

What is reversere osmoses thing?

07 Caldera Geneva

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »
Drewstar its pure water.  All the impurities removed. So it won't spot car windows.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42