What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa blanket suggestions, please  (Read 7502 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
spa blanket suggestions, please
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:28:56 pm »
I bought a spa blanket from Doc's site. My thought, in addition to saving chemicals and energy, was that it would also help save my cover. I also got the leash to make removal easier. The instructions say to punch a small hole into the spa cover (only the cover material) to insert the plastic gromets that will hold the leash. I don't want to do that. I think punching holes in my cover would void my warranty. Has anyone solved this problem without punching holes? thanks :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

spa blanket suggestions, please
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:28:56 pm »

Anoroc

Re: spa blanket suggestions, please
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:37:37 pm »
Sorry no suggestions.  I would like to hear back from you on how the spa blanket works out.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:39:22 pm »
...and I suppose you can't use the leash through one of the drainage holes in the bottom of the cover, either, huh?  (no clue here, I haven't even ORDERED my blanket/leash set yet....)
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 02:45:08 pm »
What in tarnation is a spa leash? ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:51:04 pm »
I was thinking the same thing, so I just looked it up...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 03:04:37 pm »
The spa blanket leash makes removing the spa blanket easier. It allows the blanket to come off with the spa cover. I can't complicate things for my hubby or I'll be the next one getting spanked! I am just afraid of punching holes in my cover because I could create the problem that I was trying to prevent.   See Term..Ya learn something new every day! ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:07:01 pm »
I can't complicate things for my hubby or I'll be the next one getting spanked!   See Term..Ya learn something new every day! ;)

I know a little something about spanking:

and no leash was involveded.

Terminaorior
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:47:50 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
If I remember correctly, you took a spankin over that pic, Mr. Term! ;D

anne

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:13:32 pm »
Can the leash sneak over the edge of the tub, and attach to the "outside" of the cover by handles on the side of the cover (my cover has handles on the side that lifts up- I'd rather the be on the side that has the center seam, but oh well.) Or can you glue velcro or something on the inside of the cover? I agree that I'd not want holes in my cover, especially on the inside where water/steam would enter.

I'm eager to know how this works out, as i am thinking about getting a spa blanket. My ozonator just seems to spew so avidly- dont want cover oxidation.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:14:41 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:28 pm »
I bought a spa blanket from Doc's site. My thought, in addition to saving chemicals and energy, was that it would also help save my cover. I also got the leash to make removal easier. The instructions say to punch a small hole into the spa cover (only the cover material) to insert the plastic gromets that will hold the leash. I don't want to do that. I think punching holes in my cover would void my warranty. Has anyone solved this problem without punching holes? thanks :)

My coverlifter came with a nice blanket.  It was my intention to get the leash until I read the intsructions to punch holes in the underside of the cover.

Forget it.  It may not be too smart to provide more places for moisture to get inside the cover.

However, I did find that my cover is almost 100% dry.  The only water on the underside of my cover is around the edges where I didn't cut the blanket to fit the tub close enough.  The blanket stops all other evaporation. So my concerns may not be valid.  But I still didn't get the leash.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Imatubber

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 08:31:40 pm »
I had a blanket with my first tub...no leash though. It did help keep the water off the cover but if you use your tub when its freezing out you might want to do something with it during your soak other than leave it out to freeze. All the little air bubbles on the blanket freeze and fall apart after you handle it much. Before you know it you will have a tub full of broken air bubbles. I like to soak in freezing weather so I'll probably never get another one.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 09:03:16 pm »
Imatubber, I got the solid one, not the bubbles. I wish I could figure out a way to hook the leash like Anne is saying because I won't punch holes and if it isn't convenient, my hubby will not want to use it. sounds like it will achieve the protection of the cover that it is supposed to though.

Imatubber

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 09:07:14 pm »
Imatubber, I got the solid one, not the bubbles. I wish I could figure out a way to hook the leash like Anne is saying because I won't punch holes and if it isn't convenient, my hubby will not want to use it. sounds like it will achieve the protection of the cover that it is supposed to though.

Yeah, mine was a freebee with the new tub. I figured it was a cheap one.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 09:21:36 pm »
Bonibelle,

I bought both the foam spa blanket and spa leash and did punch 2 holes (not 3) into the cover. I couldn't get my arm into the center to punce the 3rd hole and I wasn't about to unassemble the lifter.

Yes, you will void the warranty but it makes it really easy to use the blanket. I don't think that the 2 little holes will attribute much to the deteriation of the spa's cover. As long as you don't puncture the sealed "bag" that the foam core is in I think you'll be OK.

Someone here once posted a way to use the blanket and it was by using silicone and velcro and attaching it to the underside of the cover. I would imagine that this too would void the warranty.

I'm hoping that using the blanket will make my cover last longer. Personally for me it doesn't seal the water from the cover. I still get condensation on the cover but I believe that I have 95% of the water's surface covered - that means 95% less evaporation, 95% of the water's surface not exposed to any convective currents (wind getting under the cover and cooling the water's surface) and 95% of the water's surface covered to stop the chemicals, chlorine and ozone, from eating the undeside of cover and my headrests.

I don't think I would use the blanket if I didn't have the leash. Of course when this cover bites the dust, I'll be buying one of them super duper extreme covers from Doc and get it double wrapped and won't be using a blanket! ;D

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 09:56:29 pm »
Thanks Vinny, I may try the silicone and velcro. I am just afraid I could create a problem punching holes (although there are already vent holes in the cover).
I have a really nice cover that came with my spa and I expect that it should last for a long time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 09:56:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42