What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa and Patio Expo? Legit?  (Read 5112 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Spa and Patio Expo? Legit?
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:08:59 pm »
A "Spa and Patio Expo" is being adverstised for this weekend at Boston's Bayside Expo hall.

http://spapoolpatio.com/boston/

Anyone know about this?  It doesn't mention Brands, or Dealers.   It's being advertised on the major local channels and Radio stations.  Something smells fishy to me,

I called the number to find out what dealers would be there only to get a very, very low quality recorded message that just repeated what was stated on the above link.

The Web page is  copyrighted as

© 2003-2006 Spa, Pool & Patio Inc  

I had no luck finding info them.

??? :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:30:47 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Spa and Patio Expo? Legit?
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:08:59 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Spa and Patio Expo? Legit?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:38:18 pm »
We had one JUST like what you're describing in the Hartford, CT area. Lots of hype, many manufacturers and brands, swimming pool people, etc, etc, etc.

I went. It was master spa with about 20 tubs, a swim spa from another maker (sunbelt?) 3 spas filled. Lots of sales people standing around, not maybe 10 consumers present while I was there. Six couples walked in and immediately left within 15 minutes of me being there.

I had a few of my shoppers tell us they were going. They all returned a few days later and bought from us.

I'm sure they sold some spas to uneducated consumers.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:39:49 pm »
I suspected as much.

:P
07 Caldera Geneva

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:34 pm »
my salesman got me all fired up about it. It was what I expected. LAME.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 01:03:01 pm »
They're coming to Tyler in about a week. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:18:04 pm »
They're coming to Tyler in about a week. ;D

Terminator

Tip a canoe and Tyler too, go figure.  It looks like they are looking for new areas to pillage.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:22:53 pm »
Tip a canoe and Tyler too, go figure.  It looks like they are looking for new areas to pillage.

"Tippecanoe and Tyler Too " 1840 presinetial slogan for Harison and  Tyler.

William  Harrison was the hero of the Battle of Tippecanoe and John Tyler was his Vice President

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 01:26:44 pm »
Domain Name: SPAPOOLPATIO.COM
     Created on: 13-Oct-03
     Expires on: 13-Oct-06
     Last Updated on: 13-Oct-05

Administrative Contact:
     Henry, Christopher  support@vehiclesunlimited.com
     Vehicles Unlimited Inc.
     306 Stow Rd.
     Elkins Park, Pennsylvania 19027
     United States
     2156353591      Fax --

Technical Contact:
     Henry, Christopher  support@vehiclesunlimited.com
     Vehicles Unlimited Inc.
     306 Stow Rd.
     Elkins Park, Pennsylvania 19027
     United States

This sounds like the same one I went to.  Try calling that number -866 SPASUSA  and see if it goes to a cell phone voicemail.  When I called it that happened the first time, the 2nd time he answered and all I asked was the hours since we were going to look for other things anway. (It was a home remodeling show, and we did get good information, and bought some non-spa related things. Our bathroom remodeling starts next Wednesday)  

My ONLY problem with this show was the radio ads that said  "16 MAJOR HOT TUB MANUFACTURERS UNDER ONE ROOF"    That was a flat out lie.    That is what I have problems with.  I did go with the intention of busting this lie.  I did to my satisfaction, but didn't make a big deal about it.

What I saw was Master Spa, two of thier associated brands such as Down East.  The only other brand I remember Now is Hawkeye.    In my mind there was no more than 5 brands represented and only 1 MAJOR brand.  

Now, I do consider the show to be worthwhile and lots to look at, and Master Spa should be considered by anyone interested in purchasing a hot tub that has one in their area. (They made my final 3)  But knowing what I know now, I would go to look, then visit my local dealer. But its a great place to see a large number of different models filled and powered up.  Its worthwhile in that sense.

On a related note, there is another company that I consider sleazy (personal opinion based on several personal experiences)called Bluestar Shows.  In my area they do a "Super Golf" , SuperComputer", and Super Home electronics Shows  They use similar techniques mainly lies and deceptions to get people in. I filed an online complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office spelling out their exact lies.  In that form it had me state what a fair settlement was.  Now, I didn't try for $100,000 and grief consuling.  I did ask for, and recieve a full refund of the ticket price, the parking, and 30 miles at .34/mile.    
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:33:04 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:06 pm »
Will,

How do you do that?
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:37:32 pm »
Will,

How do you do that?

There are a couple of ways to do that. All of my websites are registered through Namesecure.com because I like their pricing and services offered.  If you go to that or a similar site and want to register a new domain name, you first have to check to see if its available.  When you find out that it is not, most sites have a link (whois) to see who the owner is.  More companies are getting smarter and the domain registration sites are now offering a privacy service comparable to an unlisted phone number, so this info will probably be useless in a year or so.

I was banned for a forum  for absolutely no reason once (seriously!) and I went through the proper channels and got no help, so using the registration info and a few other databases, I called the bastard at home on a Sunday morning to discuss it.  I'm back in now  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:53:26 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:50:05 pm »

"Tippecanoe and Tyler Too " 1840 presinetial slogan for Harison and  Tyler.

William  Harrison was the hero of the Battle of Tippecanoe and John Tyler was his Vice President

;)

That was before I was old enough to vote.  Who did you vote for ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:50:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42