What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Skellman's dilemna rages on  (Read 2984 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Skellman's dilemna rages on
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:36:57 pm »
I'm back for more help/opinions.
How important are ozonators?
As some of you know I wet-tested the 05' HS Envoy. While it was okay, I wasn't getting the right feel? I'm sure I could learn to like it. This tub does have an ozonator.
The next options in line are an 05' Vanguard and a 05' Sundance Majesta. (I know, I know, instead of narrowing it down I added another tub for consideration :-[ :-[).
Neither (Vanguard, Majesta) has the ozonator option. Should that be a red flag or is it just a minor item.
I just hung up with my saleman and he verified (for the 2nd time) that their is no Vanguard or Majesta available for wet-testing. Rats!!!
He does have an Optima available for wet-testing which I believe would be a reasonable comparison to the Majesta. Is that true?
I plan on putting the 10% down on one of the tubs tomorrow or Friday. I'd have the tub up and running this weekend if my kid didn't have a baseball tournament in Indianapolis. Well, at least it gives me more time to think. However, that may not be a good thing?
Thanks everybody! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

Skellman's dilemna rages on
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:36:57 pm »

J._McD

Re: Skellman's dilemna rages on
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
Ozone can be added to any spa as an option and the Majesta is already prepped for it.

As for wet testing the Optima, it is strongly same to similar and should give you the same impression.  Wet test it and also sit in the dry Majesta.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:49:52 pm »
Yep, ozonator can definitely be added to Vanguard if you're looking at the '05.  Standard equipment on the '06.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:04:25 pm »
How important are ozonators?

Neither (Vanguard, Majesta) has the ozonator option.

He does have an Optima available for wet-testing which I believe would be a reasonable comparison to the Majesta. Is that true?

They help, but I wouldn't call them important.

I think he was saying that the 2 spas he has "currently" don't have the ozone option. Ozone is definately an available option on both. (The Sundance tubs are pre plumbed for ozone)

True, the Optima would be a reasonable comparison.

So I guess what I'm sayin' is....."What he(JMcD) said" :D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:04:54 pm »
Can you wet test Grandee?  Vanguard's big brother.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:14:18 pm »
Can you wet test Grandee?  Vanguard's big brother.

We all know that wet testing is smart in general but at your height I DEFINITELY would want to make sure I wet test any spa that has a lounge or "captain's" chair as they're the one's you'll be most apt to have an issue with. Not that you don't need to wet test non-lounge/open seating type spas but the lounges and "captain's" chairs (as many refer to them) can be very confining for vertically gifted people.

You can add ozone at any time though you'll probably get a better deal if you get it at time of purchase.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:19:53 pm »
"I wet-tested the 05' HS Envoy. While it was okay, I wasn't getting the right feel? I'm sure I could learn to like it."

I could not have said it better myself and I did learn to like my Envoy.  But truth to tell, I would not buy another Envoy if I had it to do over again.  My advice to you is to keep looking.  Don't settle for something, and don't buy anything that you can't wet test.  Make a wet test a precondition of sale for any tub period.

Bill

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 04:20:04 pm »
Woudl you go to Savile Row and buy a Logsdail suit without trying it on?  No, Folks would think you are nuts.

I am dumbfounded why folks wouldn't wet test a hot tub that could cost 2x as much as that suit.  ??? (And will probably use more!)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:21:04 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »
Woudl you go to Savile Row and buy a Logsdail suit without trying it on?  No, Folks would think you are nuts.

Wow, I was thinking of using that same analogy!! ;) ::)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »
I'm sure the Grandee is out of my price range. Which at this time is $2000.00 more than what I started. But, it won't hurt to ask now would it.

anne

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:22 pm »
I plan on putting the 10% down on one of the tubs tomorrow or Friday. I'd have the tub up and running this weekend if my kid didn't have a baseball tournament in Indianapolis. Well, at least it gives me more time to think. However, that may not be a good thing?
Thanks everybody! ;)

I'd definitely take time to think. Arent there other brands in your area? Why limit yourself to HS or Sundance? I would not get a tub you'll "learn to like."
There must be a tub out there that you love!
Dance like nobody's watching

shabba34

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:31 pm »
Preferences will vary tremendously from person to person...  Where Mr. Stevenson loved his Caldera Geneva compared to his HS Envoy, I prefer the HS Vista or Envoy to either the Caldera Geneva or Niagara or the Tahitian for that matter.  Now that being said, I prefer the Caldera Hawaiian or Aspire compared to the HS Vanguard.  Different models in different brands will suit some better than others.  

Like our fellow poster Duffman, who basically wrote a War and Peace epic on why one spa was better than the next spa....  Better for him, but not for me.  Shopping, and wet testing is the only way you will find out what's best for you.  Good luck. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:48:56 pm by pkud »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42