What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first therapy soak!!!!  (Read 3100 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
first therapy soak!!!!
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:32:41 am »
well, I read story after story about how these tubs change peoples lives, however, so far in my almost one year of ownership, I have yet to need the medical assistance of my tub.

I do suffer from back issues but nothing to big.  As some of you know, I am finishing my basement and I am now at the painting stage.  I spent 5 hours painting the primer coat on the drywall and got a kink in my neck like no ones buisness.  I hurt so much and couldnt move my neck.  I was not sure where the pain was generating from but knew that I was going to be in a world of hurt for a few days.

My wonderful wife said to go in the tub.  I was reluctant due to the pain but went out.  I cranked the diverters to power one seat.  Within 30 seconds a jet pinpointed on where the pain was coming from.  I have a jet that acts like a chop massage.  It hit my trap and worked the knot out of it within 10 miniutes.  No issue since.  Now I understand the benefits of this tub.  Not only is it fun and enjoyable, but it helps quality of life.

Hot Tub Forum

first therapy soak!!!!
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:32:41 am »

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Re: first therapy soak!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:44:49 am »
My wife used to take these large prescription pain pills so that she could sleep. Her arthritis made it difficult to get comfortable.  All that changed with the spa. He hasn't used a pain pill at nignt since her first soak. I'm sold.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:49:38 am »
Congrats on finding out one of the "more important" uses for your tub!
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:50:07 am »
well, I read story after story about how these tubs change peoples lives, however, so far in my almost one year of ownership, I have yet to need the medical assistance of my tub.

I do suffer from back issues but nothing to big.  As some of you know, I am finishing my basement and I am now at the painting stage.  I spent 5 hours painting the primer coat on the drywall and got a kink in my neck like no ones buisness.  I hurt so much and couldnt move my neck.  I was not sure where the pain was generating from but knew that I was going to be in a world of hurt for a few days.

My wonderful wife said to go in the tub.  I was reluctant due to the pain but went out.  I cranked the diverters to power one seat.  Within 30 seconds a jet pinpointed on where the pain was coming from.  I have a jet that acts like a chop massage.  It hit my trap and worked the knot out of it within 10 miniutes.  No issue since.  Now I understand the benefits of this tub.  Not only is it fun and enjoyable, but it helps quality of life.

I too do alot of home improvement work, and the yard maintinence? fogetaboutit...sore back and dead leg city. After a full weekend of yard work  Sundays nights in the hot tub with a  cold beer and it makes a world of difference.  My wife has commented that she can hear me moan with relief all the way in the house, and at times,  she has looked out the window to see if I had "company" out there.  ::)

I found it strange that you were relucant to get into the tub when you had some pain....glad you discovered just how good it can be.  :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:50:52 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:07:24 pm »
 My wife has commented that she can hear me moan with relief all the way in the house, and at times,  she has looked out the window to see if I had "company" out there.  ::)

Does she check your palms for calisuses!  ;) ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 12:13:46 pm »

Does she check your palms for calisuses!  ;) ;D

No, but she has asked why we have had to replace the suction fitting 4 times already.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 12:20:56 pm »

No, but she has asked why we have had to replace the suction fitting 4 times already.  ::)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 12:29:08 pm »

Terminator

I'd like to suggest that Watkins makes a wider suction fitting. And "Prettier" too.  Just a suggestion...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 12:29:54 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:57:43 pm »

I'd like to suggest that Watkins makes a wider suction fitting. And "Prettier" too.  Just a suggestion...

New item in the Necessory brochure, just for you:

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 03:14:56 pm »
I can go along with the therapeutic soak, too. Last October, I tested for (and received!) my black belt in karate. It was a very long, very exhaustive endurance test. Every muscle was aching from doing plenty of calisthenics, drills, kata and sparring. For the next week, I spent at least 30 minutes, morning and evening in my spa recuperating. I bounced back to almost normal in just a few days. Previous tests left me sore for a couple of weeks.  
Last week, I overexerted my lower back (again!) and have been spending more time in the tub. It does make a world of difference.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 03:22:44 pm »
Well speaking of therapy soaking....

Since the days of Ancient Rome, Greece and the Orient, men and women have sought the invigorating, healing pleasures of hot water in both natural hot springs and ancient baths, commonly referred to as “Taking the Waters”. Its refreshing and healing pleasures were not lost on the Greek Doctor Hippocrates (credited for being the founder of medicine) who encouraged “Taking the Waters”. His “Oath of Medical Ethics” is still taken today by physicians beginning their medical practice. It’s even possible this natural affinity for water is instilled in us from the time we lay in our mother’s womb wrapped in a blanket of warm, protective water.

Today’s medical research confirms that our ancient mothers and fathers were on to something - water is nature's healer. The word "spa" is an acronym for the Latin phrase sanus per aquam, which means "health through water." When you submerge yourself in a spa your joints are relieved from the constant pull of gravity and you experience a kind of weightlessness. A spa produces a massage-like feeling as it gently kneads your muscles in a soothing hydro massage. Moving water stimulates touch receptors on the skin, boosts blood circulation and cell oxygenation, which helps dissolve and eliminate toxins from the body. In addition, the oxygen rich blood delivers nourishment to vital organs and tissues.

anne

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:23:37 pm »
This is from dictionary.com:

"Regional Note: The word spa, taken from the name of the famous mineral springs in Spa, Belgium, has become a common noun denoting any place with a medicinal or mineral spring."

My backyard has a medicinal spring! 8) Seriously, though, there is nothing like hot water and massage therapy for sore muscles and bones. I'm a youngster, but I dance, and am always tweaking my neck and back. Squeezing into my bathtub is a thing of the past!!!!!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:23:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42