What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: electric is in for the most part  (Read 2572 times)

kysteelerja

electric is in for the most part
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:13:34 pm »
service is in only have to hook up to the main panel. tub is coming tomorrow afternoon, any ideas on how to cut the heating time, ie using a hose from the water heater with the outside water, or am i just going the have to be very patient? dealer to hook up the tub no charge.  cant wait.... took off tomorrow,,,won't be long now.....i'm like a kid at christmas, probably won't be able to sleep tonight!!! :)

Hot Tub Forum

electric is in for the most part
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:13:34 pm »

anne

Re: electric is in for the most part
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:50:25 pm »
I think you are just going to have to be patient. It is a hard wait!!!!   ??? :-/ ??? I have seen repeated recommendations here not to use hot water to fill the tub. Now lukewarm- dunno- ask your dealer? When I filled mine for the first time it was late in the day, so I knew I'd have to wait till the next morning to get in. I would have gone nuts getting it hooked up in the morning, taking the day of and..........waiting. Congrats, and good luck!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

kysteelerja

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:57:34 pm »
man i really didn't want to hear that

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:07:00 pm »
how large is your hot water heater?  I thought most hot water heaters were <50 gallons.

Unless you have one of those tankless water heaters,  I'm not sure that 50 gallons of hot water would make that much of a difference in a 400 gallon spa (I realize that your water heater could crank your heater way up and heat 100+ gallons to 100 degrees)

See if you can't get your tub delivered early...maybe you can have warm water by day's end.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:37:01 am »
Don't mess with using water from your water heater.
If your house water is soft, you'll end up filling you spa with soft water- a no no.  Fill from a tap that doesn't have softened water, or bypass your softener.
Assuming you have a water softener.  Most people around here need one.
Most hot water tanks are 40 gallons, and you'll quickly empty the tank, depriving your house of hot water for hours, as your tank empties you'll just end up pumping cold water anyway.  Add 50 gallons of 120 degree water to 300 to 500 gallons of cold water, and you'll end up with a spa full of water only slightly warmer than what's coming out of the cold tap.
And you'll likely dump all kinds of sediment from your water heater tank into your spa.

All for maybe an hours heating time saved, if that.

If you do have a tankless water heater, maybe different story.  But still be aware of filling your spa with soft water.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:37:29 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:03:45 am »
Fill with cold, hard water.....but make sure to run the water a little beforehand, if you haven't used that outlet for awhile, or you'll have a tub full of yellow (rusty) water......  ::) Been there, done that, learned my lesson, rinsed my filters. Other than that....I filled my tub by 6pm Thursday night....it was only up to the mid 90's by 7am the next day...that seems awfully slow to me, but then....I was very impatient anyhow! I'd also been told to go VERY heavy on the chlorine to start with, so couldn't even consider using the tub for over 24 hours after it was filled.....drove me nuts in a way, but it was definitely worth the extra few hours wait!
Congratulations, and hope to hear your impression of your tub when you DO get to soak! (pictures too, cuz we LIKE those around here)
RIP C-Rod

kysteelerja

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:46:23 am »
water heater is 70 gallons with some turbo charger looking thingy and it is HOT! don't know if my water is hard or soft, but it will come from the same meter, maybe i missed something but if it is soft, how'm i gonna by pass that?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 11:51:19 am »
Now,  I know I am boardering on a dead horse,  but I am always trying to wrap my lil brain around TP and FF and the sublte nuiances of them.

Does a TP tub heat any faster or slower on inital fill up?

Is it recomended, once the appropriate amount of water is in A TP tub to start the pumps going and let them run for a significant perioid of time? ( I would think so, to get the cabinet up to temp. )No?  Does Arctic (for instance) recomend anything, or just fill and enjoy?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:51:58 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

kysteelerja

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 11:52:52 am »
305 gallon capacity on the tub btw

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 12:01:59 pm »
I have a 350 gal tub.  I just changed out the water this past  Sat.  At 11:30  it was filled (Garden hose).  By 8:30 that night I came home from and I was soakin with a brew.  (outside temp was mild 60's).

When I fill up I do put in a pool  thermometer in the tub as my Tiger River does not display "current temp". (Just "Set Temp" and "Ready" when it hits it. )   There is an off chance that with my tub you can trip the heater re-set and be waiting and waiting.  At least with the pool thermometer,  if it hasn't budged in a while  I'll  reset the heater (this has only happened once).

Ahhhh fresh water.   8)  cold beer.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 12:03:01 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 12:01:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42