What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NSF P181 Release  (Read 2598 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
NSF P181 Release
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:04:43 pm »

The process took 3 years to complete, so if no one else has started yet, you better get to hopping.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

NSF P181 Release
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:04:43 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: NSF P181 Release
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:14:21 pm »
Wow. I hadn't heard about that - NOT!

I think it's pretty exciting.

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 02:45:17 pm »
You guys crack me up.  

Trying to stir things up aren't you :D

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 02:48:28 pm »
I love how they don’t have that color anymore.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 02:59:33 pm »
The first company that sends me $30K will be WDM certified! ;D With all due respect to my HS friends, and their fine product, this doesn't mean a lot yet to me, Joe Consumer.  

If Tide comes out with a new ad saying they are the only detergent that contains Zebutol, what does that mean?

I guess I might have to go to JA's site to get the fair, balanced, and impartial view of this.    8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 03:05:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:02:32 pm »
Hi All:

Before we get TOO carried away here, a few things.

Standards, like anything, are JUST that, standards. It doesn’t take much sense to realize that using CL resistant plumbing and putting in non-skid services is a GOOD idea. Of course it is.

BUT, here's the thing. ANYONE can build to such standards and SHOW that they can build to such standards. The problem exists when companies like to tout such standards as MARKETING tools. Pretty soon getting CERTIFIED in the standard is more important than having a quality driven production process in place, good dealer support, excellent service, etc. Clearly, Hot Springs has this stuff and that's why they are an industry leader. They certainly have resources that others do not. But this does not necessary mean that if a smaller less known company does not have the same CERTIFICATION or resources, they build less of a product.

Reputation, customer satisfaction and a quality product are what customers should look for. When you go shopping for a spa, ask the dealer to take sides off and look at the interior. If you see something that looks like an "e-Bay special" (like the picture last week), be wary. Ask the dealer for a few references. CALL them.  Be sure to ask for references more than 2 years old. Do your research. Check the Internet for information and don't take free advice (like mine here) as anything more than opinion, because that's all it is.

Certifications are great, but don't think for a second they are the end-all-to-beat-all. Use your head, it's not that hard to do...

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:11:10 pm »
Do you accept personal check or should I wire the money to some off shore account? What kind of warranty comes with the WDM certification, and if my certification needs repair will there be a charge? Are you sure that when I advertise my WDM certification I will not be attacked by the US government for selling hot tub Weapons to Destroy Masses? If this happens will I be reimbursed?

The first company that sends me $30K will be WDM certified! ;D With all due respect to my HS friends, and their fine product, this doesn't mean a lot yet to me, Joe Consumer.  

If Tide comes out with a new ad saying they are the only detergent that contains Zebutol, what does that mean?

I guess I might have to go to JA's site to get the fair, balanced, and impartial view of this.    8)

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:11:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42