What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hubby finally gets to try tub...  (Read 4719 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Hubby finally gets to try tub...
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:50:37 am »
Hubby got home yesterday afternoon, had a LOUSY weekend with relatives...was stressed to beat the band. I convinced him to go tubbin' to warm his toes and relax, he looked at me like I was NUTS.....says "are you SURE you want to get into that thing with it being this cold??" I finally got him into his trunks, took care of setting up the tub....hopped in and waited for him... (I think he was trying to get his nerve up)
He finally came out and climbed in....first seat was the Motomassage DX....I showed him how the controls work for it, and he decided he LIKES it....he tried most of the seats, played with the interior control for the pumps and lighting.....the ONLY problem he had was keeping his trunks on....  ;D My son came out and the hubby was giddy with the heat, and MOONED HIM!!!! Then he proceeded to moon the neighborhood (no one to see, luckily)....I reminded him we do NOT need police contact, the tub's for relaxin' purposes!
In any case....he likes it, it makes him more frisky than normal.....and I am SO happy that I picked the Grandee for the deep seating....anything less would be......well...LESS!
;D
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Hubby finally gets to try tub...
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:50:37 am »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Hubby finally gets to try tub...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:59:33 am »
For some, it's hard to get over the idea of going outside when it's cold, with just shorts on. Your husband will probably use it more than he ever would have imagined. Glad he liked it.

I just did an in-home orientation with a new grandee owner on Saturday. They had been wanting a spa for years. I'm sure they were dipping about 3am this morning when it was hot.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:40:22 pm »
Regarding hot tubs in the winter time, I've got two words for you:   towel warmer

My dealer suggested using an ice-chest/cooler to warm towels.

1. throw the towels and robe in the dryer for a couple minutes and then immediately toss them in the igloo

2.  buy some of those cheap handwarmers to toss into the cooler

I wonder if hot tubs will eventually harness the heat generated from the pumps/heaters to warm towels?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Micah

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 08:46:03 pm »
Regarding hot tubs in the winter time, I've got two words for you:   towel warmer

My dealer suggested using an ice-chest/cooler to warm towels.

1. throw the towels and robe in the dryer for a couple minutes and then immediately toss them in the igloo

2.  buy some of those cheap handwarmers to toss into the cooler

I wonder if hot tubs will eventually harness the heat generated from the pumps/heaters to warm towels?

Coast spas has had a towel warmer that does just that for over 3 years now
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 09:06:51 pm »

Coast spas has had a towel warmer that does just that for over 3 years now

cool
nearest dealer to me is 129 miles

i wonder how many others have this accessory/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 09:07:53 pm by TN__HOT_TUB »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 04:04:10 am »
Just build your own.
Retired

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 08:36:30 am »
until we do the home-built towel warmer.....I DO kinda like the idea of the cooler being used for freshly warmed/dried towels.....
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 08:53:09 am »
Just build your own.

Thermospas has one in its commercial
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 09:34:36 am »
T-Lady, I made one out of a small deck box and since my tub is so close to the door, I can leave it in my mudroom so it doesn't have to be insulated to work.
Instead of putting the towels in the dryer, I made little pillows filled with rice and flax and herbs that smell really great when they are heated. We throw one in the microwave for a couple of minutes and toss it in the towel box. The towels not only feel nice and warm, they smell wonderful! Most of my ideas kind of fall by the way as they are deemed too much trouble for the end result. This one however has worked well and my guys get upset if the towells are cold and don't smell great. By the way, the rice pillows double as heating pads for aches and pains or really good relief for sinus headaches. I even keep a few in the freezer for sports injuries or bee stings  ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 04:14:13 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 09:53:16 am »
Personally, I'd wait on the towel warmer.

My tub is close to the house, and in the cold New England Winters,  I have no problem  getting out of the tub, closing the  cover and going inside.  Once inside I have a robe waiting.   I  have no desire to have a warm towel and many times, I'm a bit too hot!   I would wait and get at least a partial winter under your belt before you start worrying about a towel warmer.    ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »
drewstar, I'm not looking at investing $1k in something to warm towels.....but we DO have coolers up the wazoo around here, and I DO like the idea that Boni gave about the rice/herb pillows.....those are cheap, workable, and would be great when it's windy out.....hubby and I got out the other day, and it was a bit on the breezy side....we'd started out overly warm, but not for long with drippy swimsuits on and a cold wind!
Thanks!
RIP C-Rod

TN__HOT_TUB

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 07:51:23 pm »
Just build your own.

I've seen a homemade version that looked functional. Do you have any pictures of the homemade towel warmer that you use?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 07:51:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42