What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lounge or no lounge  (Read 3989 times)

Salty_Ag

Lounge or no lounge
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:23:38 pm »
My wife and I are about to make the final decision on a spa.  She wants one with a lounge seat, and I am really on the fence.  I've heard some really like it and some really don't.

Anyone care to share their opinion?

Hot Tub Forum

Lounge or no lounge
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:23:38 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: Lounge or no lounge
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 04:29:29 pm »
I am also new as I celebrate my 2 week "anniversary" in hot water tonight. Struggled with this question for awhile and ended up getting a spa without a lounger. Much better if you have another couple sharing the spa with a nice corner seat for each person. Also I find I move around a good bit when there is just the two of us or by myself and like the open configuration.

So far I haven't missed the lounge.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:33:11 pm »
I tend to agree with Tan. I have a lounger and they are nice. But if you have a small tub then I would not get it. I have a large tub and still have room for everyone. So it has no bad effect on the people in the tub.

CapMorgan

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »
I am in the third week of having my spa, my spa is 7 feet by 7 feet and seats 6 people with the lounger, and I find the lounger to be my favorite seat as I really like being able to lie down instead of sitting down.

But from the things I have read on this forum it really is a personal decision. If you can wet test the tub with the lounger and see if you like it.

Hope this helps

CapMorgan  ;D

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:49:01 pm »
We have a lounger in ours, and we love it! At first the hubby did not want one, but I find he is in it as often as I am. We also,  have a large tub, so there is still room for another couple without feeling crowded. Go with what is best for you.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:56:46 pm »
From the posts I've read, it seems that all loungers are not created equal....some complaints of "floating out" of the lounger are around here somewhere....and I think it's gotta "fit" you anyhow...if it's made for someone taller/shorter than you, and you don't use it...it doesn't do any good to have that seat in the tub.
Best of luck on whatever you choose!
RIP C-Rod

Salty_Ag

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 05:05:11 pm »
We are planning to wet test them tomorrow.  I spoke to the dealers wife and she said that she is 5'6" and her head won't reach the pillow in the Sundance Cameo.  She told me that she needed a booster seat in order to sit comfortably in the lounge.  I never heard of a booster seat for a spa.  My wife is 5'-4" and I know she'll be under water...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 05:07:21 pm by Salty_Ag »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 05:09:20 pm »
My wife and I are about to make the final decision on a spa.  She wants one with a lounge seat, and I am really on the fence.  I've heard some really like it and some really don't.

Anyone care to share their opinion?

The lounger is much more comfortable than the fence! For us, we are a family of 3 with a 6 person tub. The lounge is the least used seat, but I'm glad its there. I use in early morning alone soaks, or at night with clear skies. Kids like sitting in the lounger sideways as that is usually the shallowest seat.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 05:10:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Salty_Ag

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 05:14:58 pm »
You bring up a good point about the kids and shallowest seat.  I have three kids that range in age from 7 to 2.  I know the majority of the tub will be too deep for them.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 05:31:57 pm »
I originally thought I wanted one.  We wet tested the lounger and decided against it. The wife kept floating out of the lounger and I felt just a bit cramped (i'm a tall fellow).

I found that I could "lounge" in the corner deep hot seat.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 05:59:39 pm »
You bring up a good point about the kids and shallowest seat.  I have three kids that range in age from 7 to 2.  I know the majority of the tub will be too deep for them.

My kids were 7, 6, 4 when we got our first spa (38" deep) and they never sat still in it anyway. They used it more like a pool.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:54:17 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 06:00:16 pm »
We have a Maxxus, the largest Sundance makes. My wife sits in the lounger a lot and she is only 5'3". She has no problem floating out of the seat.  She simply ajusts the diverter knob to whatever pressure she wants. Thats what there for. My tub is deep, and she has never said anything about not feeling good in a seat or lounger

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 06:10:35 pm »
From the posts I've read, it seems that all loungers are not created equal....some complaints of "floating out" of the lounger are around here somewhere....and I think it's gotta "fit" you anyhow...if it's made for someone taller/shorter than you, and you don't use it...it doesn't do any good to have that seat in the tub.
Best of luck on whatever you choose!

My fiance and I settled that by getting a tub with two loungers. One is designed for a taller / larger person which is good for soaking (which she enjoys) while I prefer the smaller person / child lounger because it's very shallow, and good for cooling off after soaking in the deeper waters of the tub.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:11:31 pm by Viper_Dude »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 06:32:46 pm »

My kids were 7, 6, 4 when we got our first spa (38' deep) and they never sat still in it anyway. They used it more like a pool.

That is a MIGHTY deep spa!!!  :o  ;)
RIP C-Rod

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 07:56:03 pm »
I do not like loungers.  I find the fatter the person, no need for lounger, you will never stay in it.  Loungers take away seats for friends and it is not a functional seat.  once you get in the tub, you can lay where ever you want

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 07:56:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42