What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa Owners  (Read 3479 times)

SJCOLLIER

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Arctic Spa Owners
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:36:01 pm »
Are you an arctic spa owner? Would you mind sharing what model you purchased, why you picked that model and the cost out the door ...

Thanks,

Jason

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spa Owners
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:36:01 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Arctic Spa Owners
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 09:20:34 am »
I purchased the arctic spas tundra signature series.

Two pumps, 3 speeds, 33 jets.  I got the deluxe northern lighting package (5) lights with a million different colors and patterns.

I got the forever floor, cover, lifter, chemicals, delivery, install, 2 tier 6ft. steps, 2 planters, and the bar and two stools.

Cost out the door was 10k canadian.  Thats 8580.01 us right now today.  Last year it was like 7500us due to the dollar.

I hope this helps you out a bit.  I love the tub, it has been great.  Small issues with a bad pump that was replaced 12hours after I called.

The only negative thing about my tub so far is the jets.  They dont lock into place so the open and close freely sometimes depending on how you come into contact with them.  The new 2006 models have new jets and it has been fixed.

My tub is very deep and it provides a nice deep relaxing massage.  Also, something to consider with arctic is that it is not an open seating type of tub.  If you like the idea of bench seating or open seating, try another brand.  If you like molded seats that keep you in place then look at the arctic.

I researched for over a year, tried several different brands, however, I always enjoyed the look of the arctic the most.  I had a positive expierence with my purchase and I was not pressured.

I hope this helps you out.  Here is a picture of my tub for you to see.

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:03:47 am »
We bought the Arctic Cub last fall for $10,000 Cdn.  It has the lights, the most number of jets available in it's model, but not the little holes at the bottom that just blow the water around like a volcano (didn't want that).

We like the individual seats.  My husband likes the recliner.

I also do not like the fact that the jets don't lock, but I'm used to it.

We didn't get the bar or anything like that, just the steps that came with it.  Different lifestyle I guess.  99% of the time it's just hubby & I using it.

The floor, extra thick cover & lifter came with it.  No sound system - not a priority.

We decided to get the smaller model because there are just 2 of us, so why heat a biger model?

The reason we chose Arctic was on the recommendation of others.  It's actually the only one we tried.

Astrid.

anne

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 02:32:40 pm »
I have a 2005 Arctic Summit Legend Extreme. I got it as a floor model, so some of its features were not neccessary to me, but came along for the ride anyway. I have only had it one week, so my review will be limited! It has:

--Tons of jets (60? dont remember) The most offered.
--The bubbler function that Loneoak said they did not bother with. I like the way it adds to the massage when jets are on, but it is noisy. Wish it could turn down; It is on or off.
--Aromatherapy (have not used yet)
--three tiered steps around 2 sides (soon to be here- not delivered yet)
--Covermate 1 lifter. It is a weak, but simple lifter, and I may upgrade.
--3 pumps
--arctic ozone
--forever floor

All of the above, with delivery and start up chems, $8000 as a floor model. Normally this spa is in the $10,000 range, but I was fine with one sitting on a showroom floor for a year!

I love:

the contoured seating (gotta try it- it either fits you or it does not). The jet arrangements in each seat are different and fairly powerful. Since it has 3 pumps, the main three captains chairs can all be on full power at once. Realistically, we'll use 2 at a time most of the time, but I still like that flexibility.
I love the cedar skirt, even if it will require yearly maintenance. Real wood is just so much more my style. The cedar smells great in the rain, too.
The cover is very strong, and I like being able to get up on top of it to clean it or whatever, but it is heavy.

Cons:

noisy bubbler
covermate 1 lifter
wish the volcano jet (big floor jet) was in a better location for certain seats in the tub.
The jet nozzles to tend to rotate on thier own a bit, but its not usually a problem.
I have had some nozzles falling all the way off, but that is a 2005 issue, and my dealer is replacing nozzles for me today.

Before I purchased, I researched pretty well. I wet tested HS Envoy and Sovereign, Tiger River Bengal, D1 Chairman II and Californian, Caldera (models? forgot. 3 tubs), La Spas Oasis and Heet, Coleman (forgot #), Artesian (3 models, forgot names). The arctic was (for me) by far the most comfortable. I am very happy with my choice, and though I know that Arctic has an oddball, somewhat mercurial reputation on this forum, I think I purchased a high quality unit.

I can post a pic as soon as my steps come in for the full picture.

Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 02:32:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42