What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dirty Tricks  (Read 6278 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Dirty Tricks
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:17:03 pm »
I read on another board where a representative of one spa company was caught by security cameras putting soap in their competitor's spas after show hours.  That's pretty sorry.

Anyone ever had run-ins with other spa folks at the shows?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Dirty Tricks
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:17:03 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Dirty Tricks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:36:28 pm »
term, i peed in a tub once that wasnt mine.  Actually, it was by accident and the fact that I couldnt hold in my 12th beer.  I apologized after I did it, maybe I did, atleast in my head I did.  The nice things was that it was dark, everyone was really drunk and the water was warm.

Does this count???

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:06:14 pm »
I read on another board where a representative of one spa company was caught by security cameras putting soap in their competitor's spas after show hours.  That's pretty sorry.

Terminator

There's always room for Jello.  ::)

07 Caldera Geneva

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »

Terminator

I am quite certain someone contaminated our running tub here in the store. Was it staff, a customer or a competitor, I cannot cay.

The water took a nose dive, got all cloudy and foamy. When I examined the filter it was stained brown / orange. The water had been in the spa a few months and our city water has no iron / copper / maganese.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:22:34 pm »
term, i peed in a tub once that wasnt mine.  Actually, it was by accident and the fact that I couldnt hold in my 12th beer.  I apologized after I did it, maybe I did, atleast in my head I did.  The nice things was that it was dark, everyone was really drunk and the water was warm.

Does this count???

Bosco- that is sad!!!

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:25:59 pm »
Chocolate Hot Tub!!!!!

Jell-o instant pudding does a nice # on a spa. My friend had an mentally unstable "friend" of the opposite sex drop a couple of boxes of Mr. Cosby's treat in his tub :o

What a mess!!!!!  
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 05:00:26 pm »
Two years ago during our home show, show secruity  caught a dealer from another town just as he was about to throw BB's into another dealers spa at the end of the first day.

This individual has not been allowed back in our show since. He rents a spot at the mall and runs like 40 radio ads a day during our show to try compete.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 05:04:40 pm »
it may be sad, but it sure was a night I will not soon forget, or did I???

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 05:13:08 pm »

Terminator

Same Pool and Spa Show, one pool had to be drained after spending Saturday vacuuming up water all day.  It had mysteriously developed a hole in the liner just as you reach over the inside of it, one spa had a cup of sand in the footwell, 3 spas were overflowing with soap suds.  Limited video sight access caught a "particular company colored shirt" and when confronted they sacrificed one individual and admitted to only some of the doings.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 05:14:59 pm »
Not a spa, but when I was a kid we dumped a box of Mr. Bubble into a large fountain on a collage campus nearby.

WOW! The foam was over 4' high! I still remember the wind was carving out huge chunks and gently floating them down the street.

Gimmie a break! I was only 14. And those files were sealed when I turned 18
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spa_dr.

• hmmmm,  hot tubs , DOH!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 06:14:35 pm »
I was working a home show last year and the Beachcomber dealer in my area came into my booth about 10 minutes before close sunday night. He was screaming about TDS and had two friends with him. Next thing I know I'm backed up against a spa deffending myself from an assault. after the police showed up things started to cool down. I did get a couple of good punches in and the only thing hurt was my pride.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 06:16:38 pm »
Doc, ever figure out WTH his issue was with you?
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 07:06:08 pm »
Wow. At our home shows, about all the competition does is lie about us. Sounds pretty tame by comparison.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Micah

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 07:06:49 pm »
Working a booth at a fair up in Napa, Ca.  Came in one morning to find an 18 pack of beer, all empty of course. a bra, 2 used condoms and about 12 cigarette butts.  Same thing happened 2 nights in a row so the owner had slept in the gazebo that night and took photos of the head of security and a couple carrny's in our spa.  
 It turned out that the guy we were reporting it to was the guy in the spa. He was fired  ;D
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:44 pm »
 It turned out that the guy we were reporting it to was the guy in the spa. He was fired  ;D

What a dope. All he had to do was pick up after himself!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42