What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Date, Brand, Rating  (Read 4308 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Date, Brand, Rating
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:13:53 pm »
okay....so here's one for the current owners out there...
Date you received your tub (original promise date too, if different), what tub you got, and how you would rate it overall...meaning reliability, dealer and manufacturer keeping promises of quality and service of the product.
Also, if you care to add bromine/chlorine/etc, and ease of use (or if you changed due to problems keeping levels right, health issues, etc)...
This isn't the "FF/TP" or "100% bypass filtration" debate....just your experiences to date. (guess this means I'm bored and trying to keep myself out of trouble til it's light enough outside to do more work on the landscaping portion....)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Date, Brand, Rating
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:13:53 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Date, Brand, Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 10:18:58 am »
I gotta tell ya' I've been watching your little avatar for a bit now, and I have to admit I'm a little disturbed by the green Barney hair pullin' a$$ slapping dance....and a little arroused too  ;)
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:45:10 pm »
Was that last years Halloween costome?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:45:33 pm by blizzard »

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:58:42 pm »
*lol* disturbing.....yes.....yes it is.  ;D
Nope....I was a 'behind the scenes' person last halloween. no costume here
RIP C-Rod

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:26:38 pm »
Ok, I'll bite(no, not a reference to the avatar...)

2002 HotSpring Landmark(same size as the Grandee with a different seating arrangement)
Purchased Feb 1st 2003
Delivered Feb 8th 2003(Delivered right on time, was in stock at the dealers warehouse)

Love it.  I would not trade it for any other tub.  I have used Dichlor(w/ ozone) from the beginning and added N2 about a year ago.  I found I do not have any foaming problems since I started with the N2 but it may also have some thing to do with just being better at water care in general.  

The thing that sold me on the Landmark was the unique seating arrangement.(HS discontinued this line when they introduced the Envoy and Vista). The Landmark has a lounger, 2 'recliners', and 3 bench style seats.  There is literally a seat for what ever mood you are in.  IMHO, it was one of the only 6 persons spas that looked like it could actually hold 6 people comfortably. I have had as many as 4 adults and 4 young-ins in it at once and there is plenty of room for everyone.  My kids think it is the coolest 'pool' ever since we can go out in the middle of the winter with snow on the ground and go 'swimming'....LOL...

My dealer has been great even though he was not my original dealer.  My original dealer stopped selling HS spas a few months after my purchase but knowing that I had Watkins backing made me feel a lot better.  The new dealer was over 60 miles away when they took over my account but they soon opened a new store in my area even closer than my original dealer.  They have handled every question and problem as if I was one of their original customers.  Every one always talks about finding a dealer you like, but I think it is just as important, if not more so, to have a reputable company backing that dealer or any other dealer who may take over your warranty and Watkins is a great company for that.

The tub has been just about flawless.  I had some panels come loose last winter and they didnt want to fix them until the weather warmed up but once it did, they were there and my panels were fixed.  Other than that I have had to replace the little spinner jets a few times but they have done that without question each time.  

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate my HS experience after 3+ yrs as an absolute 10.  I really cant think of anything I would change...except maybe that damn no bypass filtration....it just keeps my water to darn clean... ::)....

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:40:05 pm »
 I really cant think of anything I would change...except maybe that damn no bypass filtration....it just keeps my water to darn clean... ::)....

Ok Term your up!! ;D :D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 03:45:18 pm »

Brand:  SeaMonkey Spas
Model:  Gigante Inflatulencio
Order Date:  Um, 4-1-01
Rating: I'd rate it somewhere between "fantasmic" and "suckulate".

It's a lot like some other high end spas in that you can customize the jet layout by poking more holes in it.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
Perk, what's the issue with the spinner jets? Is that due to chemical balance, or were they just a relatively lousy design?

Term, you crack me up....lemme go get my porcupine buddy.....we'll jet your tub RIGHT up!
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 08:12:52 pm »

It's a lot like some other high end spas in that you can customize the jet layout by poking more holes in it.

Terminator

You know, I had one of those once. Got it used on trade for a fully loaded Oasis.

But I was worried about my deck supporting it, so I blew it up with helium instead of air. Turned my back to get the garden hose and the darn thing floated away.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 10:19:08 pm »
That's my favorite pic Term. Did you get this off the internet somewhere or is it something you've seen?

Terminator

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 10:35:00 pm »
thats pretty funny stuff

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 08:58:23 am »
I particularly like the time and effort they spent on the landscaping around the tub....that shows some real talent....

T-Lady, the middle of the spinner jets pops out for me it seems about every 1 1/2 to 2 years.  I have replaced one of my spinners twice and the other once.  The middle comes out from the pressure over time I guess.  You have to make sure you then get all the ball bearings that come out with the center jet.  I am considering just replacing them with the straight jet the next time they pop since it will most likely be near the end of my warranty.  It is not really an issue at this point as I just take the jet to my dealer(who I pass everyday on my way home from work), he turns around opens a drawer and hands me a new jet.   I screw it back in and we are good to go.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 11:47:35 am »
That's my favorite pic Term. Did you get this off the internet somewhere or is it something you've seen?

I'm tired of ya'll making fun of my spa.

Thank you Perk1 for noticing the hours of hard work we put into making the deck look nice. :)

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 11:49:08 am »
why is it hooked up to a  dialysis  machine?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 11:50:13 am »
why is it hooked up to a  dialysis  machine?

I plug it directly into a socket on my kidneys so I don't have to get out to pee.

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 11:50:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42