What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is This Normal  (Read 6039 times)

CapMorgan

Is This Normal
« on: March 26, 2006, 12:43:27 pm »
Hello all, well I had my tub for 2 weeks now and everything so far is great. I've been soaking every day for about a hour each time, and I have noticed that after a week has passed I have lost about a 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water and i have to add water to bring it back to a correct level is this normal having to add water once a week?

Thanks,
CapMorgan

Hot Tub Forum

Is This Normal
« on: March 26, 2006, 12:43:27 pm »

Neohcouple

Re: Is This Normal
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 01:02:18 pm »
Yep, that sounds normal to me.  I've had my tub for almost 10 months now.  I add water about every two weeks depending how much it has been used.  If there is a lot of use, once a week would not be out of the ordinary.  

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 01:19:07 pm »
Yup. I had the same question a while back and all the fine folks here help assure me all was well.  

Anoroc

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 01:24:16 pm »
normal-

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 03:02:09 pm »
very very strange....you should have to add at the most a 1 inch to an inch and 1/4 ..... ;)

Micah

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 03:04:06 pm »
I replace about 5" a week. But I have kids that treat my spa like a swimming pool.  
But yes the average spa looses 1-2 inches of water through steam and splash out every week
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 04:25:47 pm »
When you're using the tub, do you notice any steam rising? Where does the water for this steam come from?

When you get out of the tub, are you wet? Where does this water come from?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

CapMorgan

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 05:08:30 pm »
When you're using the tub, do you notice any steam rising? Where does the water for this steam come from?

When you get out of the tub, are you wet? Where does this water come from?

Yes Doc I do notice steam coming from the hot tub matter of fact a lot of steam going up from the tub, I do realize steam does come from water.

Yes Doc it’s quite obvious that when I get out of the tub I am not dry, matter of fact I am dripping wet and yes again I do realize that the water comes from the tub, now I am not stupid but I am a newbie and my concern was maybe this water loss was excessive and that I might have a water leak in the tub.

A newbie
CapMorgan  >:(

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 05:11:21 pm by CapMorgan »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »
I think the old Doctor was just joshing with you as was I.....as others had already posted that YES your water is normal..... :D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 10:30:56 pm »
Just to further reassure you the next morning you get up and the ground is dry, check around the tub.  a big damp spot on only one particular spot is not good.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 10:34:29 pm »

now I am not stupid but I am a newbie and

As 20 year internet vet, it is very easy to misunderstand the tone of electronic communication.  My advice is always assume the best.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 11:16:56 pm »
To ease your mind, refrain from use. Mark your water level, check around the exterior. If you do not lose water in two or three days IT ISN'T LEAKING.
Some rare instances a new spa leaks, no big deal, I'm sure your dealer would make it right. Not unusual to have to add SOME water.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:43 am »
Cap, As the queen of lousy water management( actually former queen since my water change I can no longer claim that title),I also throw in a little shock when I add water just to be sure you aren't also adding unwanted bacteria from the hose.
Like the others, I add water often and you will notice it is directly related to how often you use your tub. Good luck  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 08:50:49 am »
very very strange....you should have to add at the most a 1 inch to an inch and 1/4 ..... ;)

You're nuts.

On average you should be adding maybe 3.2 cm.
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:21:25 pm »

You're nuts.

I get the test results later in the week to confirm or deny this....but early odds are on the confirm....
::)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:21:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42