What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement Covers in Canada  (Read 4360 times)

ssmtim

• Good Bye Cruel World!!!
Replacement Covers in Canada
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:00:38 am »
The cover on my Beachcomber is coming apart at the centre seams.  It really looks great with the "Red Green" duct tape look but I think that I should replace it.
I am disappointed with the quality of the original as supplied by Beachcomber- poorly fitted and failing after less than 3 years - so I would like to try to get a better quality cover and save some money on the replacement.
Any suggestions? We live in Canada so I am hoping for a Canadian source or a vendor that will handle the importing.  I know that Doc sells a great cover but we would have to have it shipped to a warehouse in the States.  We live on the border so it can be done but door-to-door service is easier.
Does anybody know anything about this firm?  They have a great website but I would like to know about any experience with the product.

http://www.thecoverguy.ca/index.php

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:03:10 am by ssmtim »
Proud Owner of a Beachcomber 578

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement Covers in Canada
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:00:38 am »

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
Re: Replacement Covers in Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 09:09:36 am »
I am told over and over ( and over) again that Arctic has 'THE' best cover in the market....... and the're in your neck of the woods ;)  
I would guess as long as the size is the same it would fit?

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 09:20:50 am »
you said it's coming apart at the center seam. Are you using a cover lift? If you are, you might consider purchasing a cover saver to help keep that seam from being damaged. I believe I saw them on Doc's site.
RIP C-Rod

ssmtim

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 09:43:20 am »
Tatooed Lady

I agree about the cover saver.  This cover is finished though but I think that I will get one for the replacement.

Thanks

Tim

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 08:28:57 pm »
Baechcimber had some serious cover issues a few years ago,Have you asked a Beachcomber dealer for help, maybe they can get a good will warranty for you.  Beachcomber has improved their cover from what I have heard.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

anne

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 10:00:03 pm »
you said it's coming apart at the center seam. Are you using a cover lift? If you are, you might consider purchasing a cover saver to help keep that seam from being damaged. I believe I saw them on Doc's site.

Do cover lifters damage covers?  :-/ Abrasions from the bar?
Dance like nobody's watching

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 11:35:25 pm »
Most covers aren't designed to be hung by their hinge and every cover warranty I ever seen has an exclusion for damage caused by cover lifters.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:34:27 am »
Do cover lifters damage covers?  :-/ Abrasions from the bar?

I would think the only abrasion would be a dark mark from where the bar sits...that's MUCH more acceptable to me than, say, blowing out the center seam...at least with the saver, it's just cosmetic, right? Just my $.02, and I'd like a receipt for that, please....I want to file with my taxes next year! ;)  ;D
RIP C-Rod

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 10:49:29 am »
Tatooed Lady

I agree about the cover saver.  This cover is finished though but I think that I will get one for the replacement.

Thanks

Tim

Tim, what province/city are you in?

HST makes a good cover. Lots of places are dealers for HST, including my store in Whitby Ontario. If you live outside Ontario, it be harder to find a HST dealer and also more expensive.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 11:14:56 am »
HST is also the brand sold by the cover guy.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ssmtim

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 05:48:55 pm »
I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.  

Does this mean that "The Cover Guy" 's cover are worth considering.? Sault Ste. Marie is pretty small with only three dealers.  Any help with a source would be welcomed.  I have sent an email to Arctic about whether they make covers for other tubs but no reply yet.

Does anyone know of an Ontario source for "The Cover Saver"?  I will order from Doc if necessary but would like to avoid the hassle of importing.  We are on the border but there is still are warehousing charges, bridge tolls, etc.

Please PM me if you wish.

Thanks again.

Tim

Pathfinder

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 06:40:43 pm »
IS it just your outer skin thats finished   or are your foam inserts water logged as well.  you can just order a new outer skin for your inserts  from Beachcomber  or HST  and you will save yourself some money  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 06:40:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42