What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-480 waterfall leak  (Read 3161 times)

civicfire99

J-480 waterfall leak
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
Just bought a used '09 J-480 from a neighbor, got it all set up and found a small leak in the back of the cabinet.  Upon further inspection, it appears to be at least TWO fittings that look like some type of one-way flapper type pvc stopper (white fitting with a black rubber stopper inside), as seen in picture.  What are these for?  Do they attach to something?  One of the tubes is about an inch in diameter and I can pull it out of the cabinet, so it would be easy to replace (should I just cap the tube?  I dont see how it serves a purpose, but I'm no expert), the other appears to be hanging off a small length of tubing directly under the waterfall, so it is a bit difficult to get to.  However, I know that both are leaking, and possibly the waterfall fittings.  Any idea why these tubes would have these fittings?  What should I do?   

Hot Tub Forum

J-480 waterfall leak
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: J-480 waterfall leak
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
Those are likely air injector lines. Can you see where your air injectors go on the sides of the jets? The flappers keep water from getting in down to the blower.
Retired

civicfire99

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  It got me thinking, and upon further investigation, I'm not sure those check valves are the real issue (or perhaps they're another issue).  They don't seem to leak when held above the water line, which is where they were most likely fastened before the leak degraded the cardboard or whatever they were ziptied to.  The zipties are loose and no longer securing the check valves.  HOWEVER, It appears that one of the nipples to the waterfall is broke, but not broke off completely, so it's leaking whenever the circulation pump is on.  If I slightly pull on the hose going to the nipple, it starts leaking considerably worse. NOW my question is: How do I remove the waterfall and replace it?  I can't seem to find any type of nut securing the stems to the shell, but it's quite difficult to see up inside there, even with most of the foam scraped out of the way.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:13:55 pm by civicfire99 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42