What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Simple Green  (Read 4009 times)

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
Simple Green
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:52:52 pm »
Anyone use this to clean filters or clean tub before refill?
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

Simple Green
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:52:52 pm »

RayF-1

Re: Simple Green
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 05:30:38 pm »
As a tub wipe yes .. still prefer windex if tub is full and windex or softscrub if tub is drained.

Would not use any thing on filters other than what  manufacturer recommends.  Mine "rinse with clean water;" however I do brush the pleats in the filters with a clean bottle brush.  

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 09:36:53 pm »
I'd  check the instructions as well. Chemically cleaning is best, but I do not know about simple green.

Ray F-1, Not a bright idea to physically clean the pleats with any object! You destroy the way the fibers are woven together an decrease the filtering ability. I'd check with the manu. on that practice as well.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 04:04:17 pm »
I strongly recommend using Sea Klear 4-1 clarifier once a week...when done your filters simply rinse clean and normally you will be fine to do a through over night soaking only at water changes....the sea klear is an all organic product and really does a great job.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:57:23 am »
I don't use anything other then water to clean my filters, no problems so far. If nothing else I'd make shure you use a pretty dilluted batch of simple green. I don't think that SG would damage the filter, I just be worried about getting it all out. I would't want a tub full of Simple Green foam.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:57:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42