What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The importance of your dealer  (Read 2527 times)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
The importance of your dealer
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:02 am »
First of all, for those that don't know, I am a consumer not a dealer.  I have no commercial motives at all in the matter of hottubs.  Anyway, the night before last the controls on the inside of our Envoy stopped working.  No warning.  Yesterday, I called the dealer and someone will be out to fix it in the next few days.  The dealer said that it was a board failure, no big deal.  This is the third time I have called the dealer for help.  The first time was a bad valve on the Motomessager, the second time it was for hurricane damage and now this.  On all three occassions the dealer has taken care of it cheerfully and in a timely manner.

For those considering the purchase of a new spa, my strong advice is that you very carefully evaluate the dealer as part of your buying decision.  The spa you wet tested and liked the best is not going to be satisfactory if you need it serviced and the dealer is not there for you.  Any spa is a complex electro-mechanical device and even the best ones develop problems.  The dealer is extremely important to your overall satisfaction with a major purchase.  

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

The importance of your dealer
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:02 am »

Anoroc

Re: The importance of your dealer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:29:57 am »
I agree... seven days gone and still waiting for a diverter valve to be replaced....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 11:40:45 am »
I agree... seven days gone and still waiting for a diverter valve to be replaced....

Anoroc,

You have an 05 HotSprings Jetsetter, right?.  When does the dealer say the diverter valve will be repaired?   How does this effect your using the tub?

07 Caldera Geneva

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:03:22 pm »
Just because I like controversy, and I know this does not hold true for everyone but in some cases, The dealer does nothing. I have owned my GL for almost 5 years. Most of the warranty is gone. I have not had any contact with my dealer and he has never been to my house. I have had 2 minor issues but I sent e-mail to the factory and when the parts arrived I replaced them myself. I have phoned him once and that was to see how he was going to handle an issue I had, when he stated he would order a part and when it arrived I told him (only because of my ability) to just get me in contact with the factory and I would have them send the part to me, at which time I would replace it myself. It was a 15 minute job. Am I every dealers dream. I do repair them as a side line so I guess I am. My dealer has since called me to do warranty work for him on some of his customers tubs.

But my point is and I am not taking anything away from a good dealer, there not all good, some tub purchases go right through there warranty without not even one call from the owner to the dealer for work. It's after the warranty in my opinion where a good dealer can shine, no matter what the brand!
Retired

Anoroc

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:39:51 pm »

Anoroc,

You have an 05 HotSprings Jetsetter, right?.  When does the dealer say the diverter valve will be repaired?   How does this effect your using the tub?

I can still use the tub just not the foot jet as I can't get it to work right.  Last Thursday they told me they would order the part and stop in sometime this week and install it.

It took them three weeks last time to complete a repair so I am just sort of keeping track.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 01:45:51 pm »
It's after the warranty in my opinion where a good dealer can shine, no matter what the brand!

Before the warranty is up you'd expect it not to be an issue because you'd expect the warranty is a shield the consumer can stand behind but we all know having a peive of paper detailing a warranty and having a dealer/manufacturer properly stand behind that warranty are 2 different things.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 02:37:32 pm »
I agree somewhat.

I like my dealer and would recommend my dealer but I haven't had an issue other than my jets to see how they respond to my warantee needs. They have handled my jet issue great so far and we have been doing business via the USPS.

I did have a snag when I was going through the orientation process - I was told that they could come "at any time" and when the time came for it - I got a different story (I wanted it after 5:00 PM or a Sat morning, they only did it Mon-Fri 10 to 5). This left a little bad impression in my mind but then again I can't be right all the time.

I think that a good dealer that'll work with you is VERY important but you certainly won't know that until you have problems.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 03:00:08 pm »
I agree somewhat.

I like my dealer and would recommend my dealer but I haven't had an issue other than my jets to see how they respond to my warantee needs. They have handled my jet issue great so far and we have been doing business via the USPS.

I did have a snag when I was going through the orientation process - I was told that they could come "at any time" and when the time came for it - I got a different story (I wanted it after 5:00 PM or a Sat morning, they only did it Mon-Fri 10 to 5). This left a little bad impression in my mind but then again I can't be right all the time.

I think that a good dealer that'll work with you is VERY important but you certainly won't know that until you have problems.

Sounds simillar to my expereince and what I find to be true.
07 Caldera Geneva

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:04:48 pm »
Mr. Bill,

99% of the time,  educated consumers, like yourself, make the right purchase decision.

The uneducated buyer who purchases a spa from TV, or from a silver-tongued salesman selling discounted spas from a dirty warehouse floor or classified ad are the ones who suffer, generally.

You can not reach some people with honest reason. They aren't on the forums gobbling up info. It's too bad. They deserve to get good service.

Unfortunately, anyone can throw down some spas and be in business. Many aren't ready to commit to the industry for the long term.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:04:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42