What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions, please  (Read 8361 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Opinions, please
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »
personally, my belief is this (see also: my $.02, IMHO, etc):
if you were told by the dealer you purchased the unit from that it was NEW, then you should've gotten a new tub. If it was told to you that it was a DEMO, then you got what you signed on for.....check your paperwork, if it says new, I'd recommend getting in touch with your dealer, or going to the store, and letting them know your situation.
If it doesn't specifically state new, contact them anyhow, and ask....just let them know you're concerned over the 'ickies' or whatever that may be associated with used filter equipment, or whatever your concerns are.....
Best of luck!

Even with a demo unit,  I would expect new filters, dirty ones sound extremely unprofessional
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 04:25:06 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 04:25:57 pm »
well, hot damn and halelujiah!  Another satisfied customer, with just a phone call and a little advice from this forum!
Okay, now it's not the whining and griping that makes this forum great.....it's stuff like this, let's please keep this in mind, and keep it up!

:D :D :D
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 04:29:32 pm »
As far as hours on the equipment, a couple of home shows should not make that much difference in this regard.

That makes sense. Other than that, the general external condition should be an indicator of how well they took care of it.  My spa was new, and never used in a show, but it was on the floor a long time. Salesguys reguarly took jets out and opened up valves to demonstrate one thing or another.   A couple minor problems arose because of this and the dealer took care of them right away.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

PH431

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 09:25:12 am »
Well, so much for feeling confident about my dealer making this right.  We have yet to receive the package he claims to have sent us.  We live an hour away or I would just stop by and pick it up.  My husband has called to find out where the items are and was told that the salesman is "out of town" until today.  And that he will call when he gets in.  :-/  

I did not realize it at the time I first posted, but we don't have the actual owners manual for this tub either.  I learned that from my husband after the fact.  So we have been just winging it for the past 2 weeks.

Anyone have suggestions as to who else I can contact from Marquis about this?

Not only am I frustrated but I'm beginning to feel very dissapointed.  :'(

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 09:57:44 am »
Keep your chin up and keep on the dealer as they're the ones you need to have a relationship with for years to come.  

Also, check out Marquis on the Better Business Bureau (easily done on the web) and there will be contact numbers and addresses in the file.  Try there as well.

As if you need more confirmation, I am currently waiting for delivery of a Sundance Bahia 2005 floor model.  The dealer, when asked, did say it'll have a new filter, be thourghly cleaned and a fresh set 4 months supply of chemicals along with the owners manual.  

Also, in a moment of clarity, I thought to ask, since my Bahia is a floor model and been on display for nearly a year, if they have any/all the repair records for the tub.  The sales guy said yes, their service dept. should and I told him that I would want a copy of those for my own records and history.  Trust me, I won't take delivery of the tub without them!!!!  You might want to ask your dealer for those as well.  

Good luck and stick to this forum like glue! ;D
Better than I deserve...

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:08 pm »
You can download the 2005 model owner's manuals from Marquis.com.  They are pdf files that you can locate under the tab for "owners manuals".   :)

I recieved an acutal manual from my dealer - but I found having it on my computer helpful - and I can print it out in larger format - but it in a waterproof binder and keep it out by the spa!   ;)

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 09:11:17 pm »
My tub was a demo. I preferred a demo. All the bugs are worked out of it.  I could care less because of the warranty. The price reflected it. It was delivered  clean  and with a new top of the line filter, and chemical startup kit. I have no idea what my tub would have sold for but bottom line is I'm happy.

PH431

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 02:37:55 pm »
My tub was a demo. I preferred a demo. All the bugs are worked out of it.  I could care less because of the warranty. The price reflected it. It was delivered  clean  and with a new top of the line filter, and chemical startup kit. I have no idea what my tub would have sold for but bottom line is I'm happy.

Good  for you and your demo.  Sounds like you had an honest dealer that let you know the truth upfront and gave you a fair demo price.  I'm just not sure how you telling me this helps,  except for rubbing it in a little more that the person I dealt with has made me feel very foolish.  :-[  You don't work out of York,PA do you?

I want to thank all of you who have given useful advise.  

Think I'll go look for my manual on line.  These old eyes will appreciate the large print  :)

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 03:36:23 pm »
My 2005 Grandee was on the dealer's floor for six weeks, but was never filled  for testing or demonstration. It was in immaculate condition. The dealer gave me $600.00  off the price and took it off the floor that day. I thought that was more than fair. The tub was his last '05 Grandee , he replaced it with an '06. The '06 was $800.00 more than the sale price on the '05. I took the '05 floor model, I couldn't justify spending $1400.00 more for the few differences between the two.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 04:12:42 pm »
You have a wonderful spa....I am sorry that in some areas your dealer seems to have dropped the ball....I would suggest calling and speaking to the owner or manger and let them know you simply want what they promised you and it should be very easily resolved. Enjoy the spa..... :D

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 04:21:33 pm »
If you need help from Marquis contact Jeff Shaw.  His email is jshaw@marquiscorp.com.  He always is a great help

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 08:59:47 pm »
Well, you seemed concerned that it was used. I wouldn't be concerned or uneasy about it.  But I would demand a clean filter. I wasn't rubbing anything in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:01:31 pm by galen »

MarKee

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 03:39:13 am »
ya Shaw will crack the whip.

PH431

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 12:51:50 pm »
I'm sorry if I came off a little cranky.  Please don't take it personally.  As each day passes, I'm feeling more like a chump.

Had the opportunity to speak with Bob Seitz, Pres. of Marquis today.    But all he really did was reafirm the story that he was told.  That they wet test the spas, it was never at the home show.  I believe the men who delivered it, they were the ones moving it from one location to another and had no reason to tell me that.  

He did make arrangements for someone to come to my house next week to personally bring the manual and chemicals that were expected.  I still believe this hot tub was a demo.

Who is Jeff Shaw, maybe I should have spoke with him instead.

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 01:15:12 pm »
I'm sorry if I came off a little cranky.  Please don't take it personally.  As each day passes, I'm feeling more like a chump.

Had the opportunity to speak with Bob Seitz, Pres. of Marquis today.    But all he really did was reafirm the story that he was told.  That they wet test the spas, it was never at the home show.  I believe the men who delivered it, they were the ones moving it from one location to another and had no reason to tell me that.  

He did make arrangements for someone to come to my house next week to personally bring the manual and chemicals that were expected.  I still believe this hot tub was a demo.

Who is Jeff Shaw, maybe I should have spoke with him instead.

Hopefully, they keep THAT promise.  Assuming they do, you have a decision to make now.  Do you pursue the issue, or start to enjoy the tub?  Since you titled this thread "OPINIONS PLEASE", here's mine:  START ENJOYING!  As I've stated in a previous post, this dealer and you are going to have an ongoing relationship, hopefully for years.  Many here have stated they're satisifed with their demo tubs and your's is covered under warranty as if it were new.  Install the new filters when you get them, grab a nice bottle of wine and relax!  OR.......keep up the fight to what end?  Maybe you get a NEW tub?  So far, doesn't sound likely.  And you run the risk of alienating your dealer.  

Good luck.  ps....my demo tub will be delivered in 2 weeks...
Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 01:15:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42