What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions, please  (Read 8362 times)

PH431

Opinions, please
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:16:01 am »
OK - so I'm new at this.  So be gentle, please.

I received delivery of my Marquis, Everyday Spa U530.  Which, I truly do love, so far.

My question is.. When I made the purchase, I was led to believe that this was brand spanking new.  ONly that it was a 2005 model, and thats fine.  I thought I was getting a fair deal.  $7200, included steps, cover lifter, start up chemicals, delivery a Marquis "fun" package, and a really nice umbrella.

When it was delivered I found out that it had been used in several home shows.  The filters were used, the chemicals in the frog needed to be replaced and the filters needed to be cleaned.

So, my question is...did I really get a fair deal?

Hot Tub Forum

Opinions, please
« on: March 14, 2006, 11:16:01 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Opinions, please
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:21:34 am »
personally, my belief is this (see also: my $.02, IMHO, etc):
if you were told by the dealer you purchased the unit from that it was NEW, then you should've gotten a new tub. If it was told to you that it was a DEMO, then you got what you signed on for.....check your paperwork, if it says new, I'd recommend getting in touch with your dealer, or going to the store, and letting them know your situation.
If it doesn't specifically state new, contact them anyhow, and ask....just let them know you're concerned over the 'ickies' or whatever that may be associated with used filter equipment, or whatever your concerns are.....
Best of luck!
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:29:53 am »
I agree with Tattoo lady, check the paperwork. look for words such as "Demo", Used, or "New".

I would be very disapointed (to put it polielty) if I was lead to belive I was getting a new 05 leftover, and I got a demo.  (As you mentioned, there's filter to be cleaned, and how many hours are on the pumps, ozinator and heater? )

Do you think they mislead you , or do you think you "misheard"?

I would have thought at the very least, even if they told you it was a demo,    they'd give you new filters.  

I'm not familliar with the spas, but $7200 does not sound like you were ripped off for that level and quality of spa.  IMHO.

Did you ask the dealer about all this?  What did they say?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:31:40 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Snyper

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:31:14 am »
My question is.. When I made the purchase, I was led to believe that this was brand spanking new.

This line says it all. I would demand a NEW model and if they refuse go staright over their head to Marquis. I am sure they do not want a dealer representing them in this way.

PH431

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 11:35:42 am »
Thanks for quick replys...
I checked my paperwork.  Nothing about it being either a Demo or being new.  I was led to believe it was new since the offered to keep the spa in storage until I had my patio ready.
As for the "ickies" OH YEAH.  There was actually a ring around the water line.  I noticed that way before we even looked at the filters.
Good point about the pumps and all.  I hadnt even thought about that yet.
I do feel that I got a good quality tub.  And a big believer in getting what you pay for.  
I just wanted to get others opinions, and ideas before I contacted the dealer and made a fool of myself.

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:36:51 am »
I personally don’t think it matters.  However, even if it was a demo they should have given you new filters and chemical cartridge.  I don’t believe you should get a brand new tub.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:44:49 am »
Look carefully at whatever you signed. Go with that.

In any event I agree with drewstar: you should at the very least be given a new set of filters and the frog stuff should be on the house.

As far as hours on the equipment, a couple of home shows should not make that much difference in this regard.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:47:46 am »
Thanks for quick replys...
I checked my paperwork.  Nothing about it being either a Demo or being new.  I was led to believe it was new since the offered to keep the spa in storage until I had my patio ready.
As for the "ickies" OH YEAH.  There was actually a ring around the water line.  I noticed that way before we even looked at the filters.
Good point about the pumps and all.  I hadnt even thought about that yet.
I do feel that I got a good quality tub.  And a big believer in getting what you pay for.  
I just wanted to get others opinions, and ideas before I contacted the dealer and made a fool of myself.

I would think, (perhaps sales folks can say for sure) If you are buying a used or demo item from a dealer that primary sells new, isn't it the norm (law?) to say "Demo" or "Used"  on the sales contract?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:48:50 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 11:59:05 am »
PH431, welcome to the board. the Ultimate 530 is an impressive spa. just to help settle your mind about hours on the pumps etc....your warrenty starts upon delivery of the spa. there is no "pro rate" for models that were either demo'ed in the store or at a home show.
i am surprised that there were not new filters/chemicals. i would contact the dealer, tell him the condition of the filters and chemicals. a the very least, he should at least give you a new set + some frog item.
now, as far as your concern on the price.....7200 with all the goodies is a fair deal.

hope this helps put you at ease alittle more. i do understand your fustration. the spa SHOULD have been cleaned completely before delivery. i think it was just an honest oversite, and not intentional. im sure the dealer will take care of you if you just let them know whats going on.

socal
Marquis dealer

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:28 pm »

I would think, (perhaps sales folks can say for sure) If you are buying a used or demo item from a dealer that primary sells new, isn't it the norm (law?) to say "Demo" or "Used"  on the sales contract?

drew,
i had a customer looking at a floor model (close out) a little while ago. it was in opperation for about 2 months. granted, it wasnt shipped all over the the place to be in a show, but the time in opperation in the show room was alot more than the hours of use in those shows.
i agree that PH431 SHOULD have been notified up front about the "demo", yet if it was demo'ed in the store either for a wet test or just to have it running....would it have made a difference?
disclaimer: not trying to justify anything here, just acting as the devils advocate for the sake of conversation  ;D  
Marquis dealer

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 12:13:53 pm »

drew,
i had a customer looking at a floor model (close out) a little while ago. it was in opperation for about 2 months. granted, it wasnt shipped all over the the place to be in a show, but the time in opperation in the show room was alot more than the hours of use in those shows.
i agree that PH431 SHOULD have been notified up front about the "demo", yet if it was demo'ed in the store either for a wet test or just to have it running....would it have made a difference?
disclaimer: not trying to justify anything here, just acting as the devils advocate for the sake of conversation  ;D  

I can appreciate where your coming from. Dont get me wrong, if you were told something, you should expect it.

I believe what Socal is getting at is the perception of some consumers that a spa that is not in the wrapper is damaged goods.

Some people think a tub should be discounted becasue someone looked at it in the showroom.

Other believe a tub that has been used in a show room (with spot on maintenance, care and water chemistry) should be sold for thousands off if not half price.

Sorry to get off topic. I hope your situation is resolved soon. You should check the paper work. If it says new, demand new, OR new filters, frog and a slight discount.
Homeworks Financing Representative

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 12:33:22 pm »
I can appreciate where your coming from. Dont get me wrong, if you were told something, you should expect it.

I believe what Socal is getting at is the perception of some consumers that a spa that is not in the wrapper is damaged goods.

Some people think a tub should be discounted becasue someone looked at it in the showroom.

thank you hottubman for simplifying what i was saying :)
Marquis dealer

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 03:00:37 pm »
I would be contacting the dealer...period!  IMO it seems there is some "miscommunication".  What was said or not said to "lead you to believe" that it was a new spa?  Obviously, nothing was said to "lead you to believe" it was a DEMO or you wouldn't be posting this thread.

At the very least the dealer should have cleaned up the spa, replaced the filters, and spa frog.  Even if I KNEW I was getting a demo or used spa I would expect that it be cleaned and look "new" upon delivery.

2005 Marquis Epic

PH431

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 04:08:25 pm »
The miscommunication was on the dealer's part.  Telling me that the hot tub I would receive was in storage.  I later learned that it had been used by others for wet-testing and for home shows.

I was misled by them telling me that this particular hot tub was 'in storage'.  Maybe its all in how you interpret what storage means.

After carefully reading over my contract, I contacted my dealer today.  Nothing about new or demo on there at all.

I will be receiving all new filters and chemicals for a fresh start.

I like the dealer that we purchased this from.  And I have total faith, after talking to him today, that he will make this right.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 04:18:39 pm »
im happy to hear that you are being taken care of.
enjoy your Ultimate 530 and may your water always be hot and clear  
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 04:18:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42