What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first service call  (Read 2387 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
first service call
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:27:43 pm »
Well, that noise that I was complaining about a while ago, just got louder and louder.  So I call the service department, and they had someone out the next day.  He came and took a look.  He said the pump was making some noises and swaped it out for a brand new one.  We got it all back together and the noise is still there.  What he thinks is that because the tub is on the cement patio, attached to the house it is causing vibrations.  An he also thinks that my cabinet door is causing a rattle noise.  

He told me to put a little weather strip in between.  I thimk that I may ask for a new door.  We will see, how it goes.

Hot Tub Forum

first service call
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:27:43 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: first service call
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:16 pm »
I am under the impression that a concrete slab is the quietest surface that you can put a tub on.

I had read that decks sometimes make the tub hum from vibration and I will say that my tub does hum a little from the circ pump.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 09:52:28 pm »
Vin, my patio goes right to the back of my house.  And when the pump turns on, it echos and I can hear it while I am in bed.

The service tech said maybe I could purchase that floor that they use at gyms.  Its like a rubber floor.  I dont really care about that, I just want the noise coming from the side of the cabinet to stop.  I must say though, I was in it tonight and it is infact quieter.  Maybe it was the pump.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:23:23 am »
Well, that noise that I was complaining about a while ago, just got louder and louder.  So I call the service department, and they had someone out the next day.  He came and took a look.  He said the pump was making some noises and swaped it out for a brand new one.  We got it all back together and the noise is still there.  What he thinks is that because the tub is on the cement patio, attached to the house it is causing vibrations.  An he also thinks that my cabinet door is causing a rattle noise.  

He told me to put a little weather strip in between.  I thimk that I may ask for a new door.  We will see, how it goes.

Bosco.

I quickly looked back at some of your posts and didn't see one discussing pump noise.   What type of noise are your hearing?

A vibration?  A loud motor, or something else?

I find it hard to belive it would be because of the cement patio (Esp with an Artic, don't they have super douper bottoms that would help deaden any vibration?)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:28:07 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 10:15:41 am »
My tub is on a concrete slab connected to our house and I don't here anything in the way of vibrations or ant other noises from in the house. If you are out side you can barely hear it when it kicks on to heat or clean. I think something else is causing the noise than what the tech said.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:18:38 am by blizzard »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 11:02:46 am »
The only reason the cement slab is contributing to the problem is the fact that you have a problem in the first plac. Mine is on a  slab as well and if my pump made noise maybe the slab would cause it to reverberate but without the noise the cement isn't an issue.

The pump should NOT be making any contact with the shell or the cabinet because when it does you'll definteily have a problem. Check to make sure you have full clearance on all sides of the pump. Also, are your pumps sitting on little rubber standoffs?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 11:51:43 am »
The only reason the cement slab is contributing to the problem is the fact that you have a problem in the first plac. Mine is on a  slab as well and if my pump made noise maybe the slab would cause it to reverberate but without the noise the cement isn't an issue.

The pump should NOT be making any contact with the shell or the cabinet because when it does you'll definteily have a problem. Check to make sure you have full clearance on all sides of the pump. Also, are your pumps sitting on little rubber standoffs?

Ditto.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 03:17:47 pm »
I have noticed it to be alot quieter now that the pump has been changed out.  Turns out two problems were present.  First, the pump had slightly moved over time and was rubbing up against the side of the cabinet and two the pump sounds like it was shot.  So its been replaced, and the tech moved the new pump away from the side of the cabinet.  i am going to keep my eye on this and see if it comes back.  If it does, I think I will be looking for a replacement tub.  If this is not it, it is a mystery noise.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »
my car rattles at times.  Usually it is just because the road vibrations have caused something to come loose or move out of place.

When the car does vibrate, I usually just hit the dash, A/C vents, console, or glove box...oddly enough this works most of the time.  My point is this:  the vibrations may have caused something to move out of place and vibrate against something else.

I'm no expert, but see if something down there has come loose and/or moved out of place.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42