What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning tub lines with cleaner  (Read 3066 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cleaning tub lines with cleaner
« on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:47 am »
How important and often should you use a line cleaner for the plumbing lines in the tub?  Could you please explain the proper procedure.

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning tub lines with cleaner
« on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:47 am »

RPG

Re: Cleaning tub lines with cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 12:57:31 pm »
The sanitizer in your spa should keep your lines clean.  I don't know of any reason why you should have to flush the lines if the spa is designed properly and the water chemistry is maintained. :)

Maybe someone else has a different opinion.

Chaka Pacuni

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 02:16:25 pm »
Instructions come with the product, but the couple I've seen say to remove the filters, and add the product to the water, a day or so before changing it, or to run the pumps for a minimum length of time, etc...
With the air shut off.

I'll leave it for you to decide if you need the stuff or not.
Some who've posted about it have been amazed at what their water looked like.

Personally, I flush once per year.  I figure it's not all the expensive, and it can't hurt.

Sure makes an impressive stack of bubbles!
Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:18:05 pm »
This is all my opinion....my thoughts....whatever.
I would imagine that the plumbing SHOULD be cleaned out periodically.....that's not to say every refill, but occasionally....Filters trap "stuff" all the time....but the "stuff" that they miss can eventually build up on plumbing and needs to be removed, right? Oils, makeup, hair stuff, goo...I can't begin to think that even with the BEST filtration and an A-1 chemical balance that SOMETHING won't stick in the pipes.....
(Watch, someone's gonna prove me wrong now.....)  ;)
RIP C-Rod

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:46:27 pm »
If you are keeping your spa sanitary, there should be no reason to clean out the lines.  If you want to, cheap and effectively, get 3-5 gallons of bleach and run all the pumps with all the air controls open and diverters in the middle position for 2 minutes.  Then let the spa sit for 15 minutes.  Do that 2 or 3 times and drain.  There should be nothing left inside the pipes.

This is a cheap and effective method if chlorine is your main sanitizer.

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:21:17 pm »
My dealer suggested to shock the tub, let it run for 40 minutes, then drain & clean it.  That should clean out the lines.

Astrid.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:10 pm »
I like using the plumbing cleaning products.  I have use both Swirl Away and Spa System Flush.  I got the most dramatic results the first time I tried it, but it always seems to stir up some gunk.  The stuff is pretty inexpensive and you use half bottle each time.  I use it every other water change.  You just remove the filters and run your jets on high (WITHOUT AIR) for a bit, then drain and refill.  An added benefit is my spinning jets all work better.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42